Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump?

Old 09-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump?

Just like the topic states. thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2004, 02:31 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump? (Gump)

need more info. Are you asking what the the max RATED pressure is for the fuel pump? or are you asking what the max pressure is that it can generate? The fuel pressure regulator ultimately determines what the fuel psi will be regardless of the pump you are using. The other thing is that pumps can be capable of generating high presure but fuel volume drops off significantly as psi increases. If you increase the voltage going to the stock Si fuel pump it will pump more psi as well so a little more info please....
Old 09-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump? (00Red_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the max pressure is that it can generate?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a dollar fifty

it all depends on what you use it with
Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 AM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump? (DirtySol)

I'm not sure there is an answer for that question... It's like asking what the max rpm of an engine is....if you remove the rev limiter you might be able to hit 11000 rpm for 2 seconds before the engine blows but what purpose will that serve? The stock Si fuel pump could probably generate 100psi for a short time before it failed. I know dry nitrous systems ramp the fuel psi up to 70-80psi for short periods on stock pumps.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure there is an answer for that question... It's like asking what the max rpm of an engine is....if you remove the rev limiter you might be able to hit 11000 rpm for 2 seconds before the engine blows but what purpose will that serve? The stock Si fuel pump could probably generate 100psi for a short time before it failed. I know dry nitrous systems ramp the fuel psi up to 70-80psi for short periods on stock pumps.</TD></TR></TABLE>so basically anything over 70 is pushing it?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, for like 70-80 bux you can get a BRAND NEW Walbro pump kit that flows wayyyyy better than a SI pump and you will not have to worry about anything
Old 09-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DirtySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, for like 70-80 bux you can get a BRAND NEW Walbro pump kit that flows wayyyyy better than a SI pump and you will not have to worry about anything</TD></TR></TABLE>
I already have an Si pump, actually I have the whole car. I just wanted to know what the max PSI was, cause I had my car tuned at Church automotive, and Shawn said that it was about to max out, and recommended getting another fuel pump.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:04 AM
All Motor Mentor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DirtySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, for like 70-80 bux you can get a BRAND NEW Walbro pump kit that flows wayyyyy better than a SI pump and you will not have to worry about anything</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. If you want/need more pressure because of nitrous or forced induction I would upgrade the pump without a doubt. Remember the more you increase the psi the more the VOLUME of fuel will decrease from a stock pump and that means bad things are going to happen in that engine.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you got your car tuned and he said that it was about to max out, that was because you pump cannot flow enough fuel to supply your injectors......the pressure is just the pumps ability to maintain a certain PSI not its flow rate
Old 09-14-2004, 09:06 AM
All Motor Mentor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gump &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I already have an Si pump, actually I have the whole car. I just wanted to know what the max PSI was, cause I had my car tuned at Church automotive, and Shawn said that it was about to max out, and recommended getting another fuel pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of power was your car making? are you using any kind of power adder? A stock Si fuel pump is capable of supporting 300-350hp without having to upgrade.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What kind of power was your car making? are you using any kind of power adder? A stock Si fuel pump is capable of supporting 300-350hp without having to upgrade. </TD></TR></TABLE>nothing even close that that, only making 168, he said the fuel pressure gauge was reading 63 at wot. All this fuel PSI, injectors, and fuel pump stuff it all new to me, I have never even thought about upgrading any of these parts till he mentioned it, I thought it wasn't even necessary with my mild setup.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats your set up?

Edit: If you didnt upgrade injectors, FPR, fuel rail, etc. I highly doubt you need a fuel pump on a stock fuel set up. But then again thats my veiw on it. I am also somewhat new with the whole fuel set up so i could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump? (Luserkid)

My very mild setup:
Civic Type R ECU
AEM cold air intake
JDM ITR 4-1 header
Carsound high flow cat
RS-R EXMAG catback exhaust
Exedy racing clutch
Exedy light weight flywheel
Pivot Earthing (Grounding) kit
B&M fuel presure regulator
NGK spark plugs
NGK spark plug wires
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams
St. Corsa Cam Gears
Old 09-14-2004, 09:23 AM
All Motor Mentor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gump &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nothing even close that that, only making 168, he said the fuel pressure gauge was reading 63 at wot. All this fuel PSI, injectors, and fuel pump stuff it all new to me, I have never even thought about upgrading any of these parts till he mentioned it, I thought it wasn't even necessary with my mild setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya you're making only slightly more hp than me and my stock pump is fine and I still run stock injectors. You shouldn't need to upgrade your fuel pump at that level. What I would do though is make sure you're fuel filter is relatively fresh and then lift your back seat up and pull the pump up through the access plate in the floor and have a look at the fuel sock to make sure it's not collapsed or full of crap, if it is just change the sock. You should be fine after that.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's the max PSI of stock 00 Si fuel pump? (Luserkid)

I am guessing this (found it in his garage link)

ENGINE
Civic Type R ECU
AEM cold air intake
JDM ITR 4-1 header
Carsound high flow cat
RS-R EXMAG catback exhaust
Exedy racing clutch
Exedy light weight flywheel
Inlinefour stainless steel braided clutch line
Pivot Earthing (Grounding) kit
Energy Suspension motor mount inserts
Energy Suspension shifter bushings
Skunk2 short shifter
Mugen oil cap
Mugen radiator cap
Mugen reservoir covers
Marshall liquid filled fuel presure guage
B&M fuel presure regulator
NGK spark plugs
NGK spark plug wires
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Hawker Lightweight Battery
Skunk2 Battery Tiedown
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams
St. Corsa Cam Gears

Old 09-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ya you're making only slightly more hp than me and my stock pump is fine and I still run stock injectors. You shouldn't need to upgrade your fuel pump at that level. What I would do though is make sure you're fuel filter is relatively fresh and then lift your back seat up and pull the pump up through the access plate in the floor and have a look at the fuel sock to make sure it's not collapsed or full of crap, if it is just change the sock. You should be fine after that.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah, maybe it's time for me to change out the fuel filter, been running the same filter for 70,000 miles.