Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Whats the best most simple way to keep my air conditioning and power steering after swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best most simple way to keep my air conditioning and power steering after swap?

I searched and came up with no solid info. I then posted in the hybrid forum. no replies. Anyone in here have a 92-95 civic with swap and power steering and a/c? My plan was to have a comfortable quick civic. And this would be definetly one of the best ways to keep my car comfortable. I have already had numerous hatches with no p/s or a/c. And I think the ac and ps are worth the extra horsepower loss. whats 10 hp off 350 anway?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats the best most simple way to keep my air conditioning and power steering after swap? (MassS

for the a/c u need the del sol dohc vtec or the crv a/c bracket
forgot what part #
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's ur swap? Just put them on before putting the engine in....then you can connect the tubes and such once it's in.. Did the car ur driving come with optional AC? That would make it easier because the wiring would already be there even if the AC wasn't..

I know I need more info...I'm sure others would too, more info on ur car, the engine ur putting in there, model, trim, etc.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Whats the best most simple way to keep my air conditioning and power steering after swap? (MassS

You should have just asked me that sooner, the way to keep you p/s is you have to obtain a b-series pump and make a custom bracket for it to mount to or find one, then the easiest way is to get a light weight pulley for a car with p/s. Then get a rack if you dont have one already and throw it in.....BAM!! Now you can swap out the whole suspension and lower arms if you want to get crazy but it's not needed. As far as a/c goes it's basically the same process with power steering but a little more complicated with putting all the parts together, the hardest will be finding a radiator to fit between the header. I have more info if you need it just hit me up. I did this to 1 no 2 cars, one of them being today . Peace.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i should have clarified. my car has p/s and a/c already.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so the only change needed keep a/c is a bracket? everything else stays the same?

i have heard the power steering is a lot more complicated.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone got info
Old 04-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why do you want power steering anyway?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need the bracket from a del sol.
I want to do the same thing with my build.. so i'll be watching this thread.
A friend of mine has done it with a b18c swap... i know he has the a/c bracket from a del sol.. but i have no info on pump.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:43 PM

Default Re: (db8gsr_teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by db8gsr_teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you want power steering anyway?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you didn't notice, us folks that live where there is this white stuff called snow tend to have trouble's driving in 6 + inch's of snow with no p/s, I'm not sure that you've ever expierienced this but it is deffinetly something I would be more than happy to share with you. It's like the scariest ride at the amusement park but only for free and there's no line.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you plan on driving this "350" hp vehicle in the snow?.....yikes.... i hate having to park my near stock vx in a parking lot when its not snowing....
Old 06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

OK so i am gonna bump this thread because it doesnt seem anyone has the answer to my question or maybe I am just not asking properly. so here goes again.

anyone of a list of needed parts to retain my a/c and p/s? I already have a/c and ps in the car now. I want to keep it with a dohc swap. what parts do i need and from what car?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:20 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: (MassScene)

Ok first of all for the AC:

It would be easier to re-use your SOHC AC compressor. U have 2 choices of AC brackets to choose from to bolt your SOHC (D-series) compressor to your DOHC (B-series)motor. With these brackets u can re-use your existing SOHC AC hardware.

Del Sol 38930-P54-000 $150
CRV 38930-P7J-000 $70

Here's the catch though, and it all depends on what motor u get, or if u wanna run all the luxuries. If u want to have PS on a B16A, and u want AC then u have to use the Del Sol P54 bracket, no choice. If u dont care about PS, then u can use the P7J CRV bracket, no clearance issues. If u are going to use a B18 motor with PS u can use any of those 2 AC brackets. The B18 motors have a taller deck height than B16's so no clearance issue on the brackets.

Oh and by the way u can get away with using the B-series PS pump and other components with your existing components. I just had a GSR dropped into my EK so thats why I know this now.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 AM

im wondering bout this too. i got a EG with removed AC and PS. i wanna put in a b series but keep PS. why? cuz i have one hand to grab my girls **** sheesh why does it matter. i like both ps and no ps but ps is better for parking where i live at
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prison_snitch)

Assuming that your are talking about a B-series swap.
Your gonna need the Del Sol Vtec A/c bracket with a Sohc compressor.
Reason being is that the lines off your civic won't mate up to the integra compressor.

Keep the B- series p/s pump works fine.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slamaccord)

Thank you guys for some concrete info. so i will have a b18b swap. i can use my sohc compressor with b20 a/c bracket, and my stock sohc p/s pump with stock ls bracket?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: (MassScene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MassScene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you guys for some concrete info. so i will have a b18b swap. i can use my sohc compressor with b20 a/c bracket, and my stock sohc p/s pump with stock ls bracket? </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, u will use the PS pump and bracket that comes with the B18b, but reuse your existing PS lines
Old 07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rukawa1one)

Good thread. I've already got the PS in my EG w/B series swap. I'm getting ready to install the A/C once I get the lines. Good to know I need the compressor from the d-series, and the bracket from the Del Sol.

I woulda looked like a dumb *** with no thumbs trying to use the Integra bracket.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tl hatch)

thanks guys. its been a while since i checked this but i have the ls swap in my posession now so the time is nearing.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rukawa1one)

Alright, another bump to bring this thread back to life...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, u will use the PS pump and bracket that comes with the B18b, but reuse your existing PS lines</TD></TR></TABLE>

In response to this, I don't see how this is possible. I'm doing a B18C GSR swap right now into an EJ8 and the line fitting coming off my stock PS line (from SOHC) is totally different in size as compared to the PS line that was left on the pump (from DOHC).

I believe the 99-00 Si PS line should work fine at the rack since it's the same chassis but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I also believe the fitting to the pump should be the same across B series so it will be fine for the swap.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Re: (EKcivicEX)

I'm using a 00 GSR P.S. pump on my 97 Civic. Lines hook up perfectly to the pump.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PhatBoy5015)

Damn, I don't know why I'm having so many fitment issues with my swap then... 97 B18C GSR going into a 00 Civic Ex chassis, and the PS line fittings are sized differently! I'll have to take a pic...
Old 08-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EKcivicEX)

Youre going b series,then use an obd1 PS pump, with any 2 b series brackets of your choice. OBD1 GSR is what i used, it has the same line fitting as an eg. i mix and matched for the bracket, theyre all the same.

Now for AC, your going to have to use the p54 bracket, and re-use your old compressor. This can be obtained from honda for an arm and a leg. I keep hearing about this crv bracket, which is cheaper, but no one has confirmed that it will work with power steering too which is why i have yet to buy one.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:23 AM

Default Re: (jadugartir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jadugartir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Youre going b series,then use an obd1 PS pump, with any 2 b series brackets of your choice. OBD1 GSR is what i used, it has the same line fitting as an eg. i mix and matched for the bracket, theyre all the same.

Now for AC, your going to have to use the p54 bracket, and re-use your old compressor. This can be obtained from honda for an arm and a leg. I keep hearing about this crv bracket, which is cheaper, but no one has confirmed that it will work with power steering too which is why i have yet to buy one.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The CRV bracket does work with PS. Thats the one I'm using. It works for all B18s, but not the B16.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (PhatBoy5015)

bump this thread. I have a poor mans type r (GSR block and B16 head) i have a 93 civic hatch si that came with ps and i want to keep it. What mounts do i need for my motor in order to use my ps? and do i need to change the pump?

Quick Reply: Whats the best most simple way to keep my air conditioning and power steering after swap?