Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What would you do? (exhaust question & pic request

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you do? (exhaust question & pic request

so i got a custom exhaust made for my EG hatch since i was tired of soup caning and muffler clamping all the leaks and everytime it would break apart and the muffler i baught was way too big and so was the tip i got for free

**DO NOT INSULT MY EXHAUST TIP, IT WAS FREE yeah yeah rice, w/e i dont care**

so now i have this huge stainless muffler hanging WAY too low on my car

so i have one of three options:

1) leave it the way it is
2) bend the hangar and push it up to my bumper and cut a very little away
3) cut a big hole in my bumper (almost the size of the tip) and shove it as high as possible

what would you do?

**pic request - show me how much you have cut from your bumper!!**
Old 02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you do? (exhaust question & pic request (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

14 views, not ONE vote!!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not just get a muffler that fits and have it welded in place??
Old 02-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MiMiK)

i just paid to get this one welded in place magnaflows arent too cheap over here
Old 02-05-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

Magnaflows are the sh*t! Have one myself and I love it. If I was you I would I would get rid of that gay tip you got for free, just cause it's free doesn't mean you have to put it on. Cut the tip off, get new piping that directs your muffler a little higher with the Magnaflow right below your stock muffler cut out.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:04 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: What would you do? (exhaust question & pic request (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

That tip aint bad OR ricey, it looks great, better than most of the car's ive seen. Its fine, but if you could pull it in about 2 inches, so its sticking out the back of the bumper by about 1/8" thatd be great.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:27 PM

any muffler shop would fix that for like $25 tops, if you have a welder yourself, cut the hangers and re-weld them to the desired height/position.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Re: (d15singlecammer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15singlecammer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Magnaflows are the sh*t! Have one myself and I love it. If I was you I would I would get rid of that gay tip you got for free, just cause it's free doesn't mean you have to put it on. Cut the tip off, get new piping that directs your muffler a little higher with the Magnaflow right below your stock muffler cut out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, just take the tip off...magnaflow is all good
Old 02-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

take the hole thing off, and put the stock back on, looks better
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: What would you do? (knockout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knockout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any muffler shop would fix that for like $25 tops, if you have a welder yourself, cut the hangers and re-weld them to the desired height/position.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what I would do. I wouldn't cut the bumper at all. Just get the hangar cut and rewelded to pull the canister up a little bit.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It should be leveled and not pointing down. But if you ask me, I'd say get a different muffler. It looks too long. Some one might trip over it, ha ha ha. J/K.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alispoon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alispoon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take the hole thing off, and put the stock back on, looks better</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmmm perhaps you would like to know that the stock muffler has 4 patches with exhaust goop, the resonator broke off of the rest of the centerpipe so it was held on with a soupcan and muffler clamps, the cat was falling to pieces before, so the honeycomb flew out and got stuck in the resonater, making a horrid rattling noise all over the rpm band.....to top all that off, i got a free axleback i was going to use in the meantime and while trying to remove the stock one, i snapped the 2 flange spring bolts off, lined up the axleback and it didnt fit so i had to put the stok axleback back on and hold it to the centerpipe with soldering wire

therefore, i am not going back to stock exhaust, its lying on the floor of the mufflershop that did the work for me
Old 02-06-2006, 06:53 PM

CUT DAT **** YO lol
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmmmm perhaps you would like to know that the stock muffler has 4 patches with exhaust goop, the resonator broke off of the rest of the centerpipe so it was held on with a soupcan and muffler clamps, the cat was falling to pieces before, so the honeycomb flew out and got stuck in the resonater, making a horrid rattling noise all over the rpm band.....to top all that off, i got a free axleback i was going to use in the meantime and while trying to remove the stock one, i snapped the 2 flange spring bolts off, lined up the axleback and it didnt fit so i had to put the stok axleback back on and hold it to the centerpipe with soldering wire

therefore, i am not going back to stock exhaust, its lying on the floor of the mufflershop that did the work for me </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok then this is wat i would do to make this look better. cut off that tip, it doesnt look good at all, just leave that stock straight tip that this new muffler of urs has, and make sure that the tip is at least 4 inches long for it to look right. then if its still too far in get a muffler shop to add a little piece to behind the universal muffler part(the box at the end). and maybe spray paint that muffler to like black if u dont want it to show. i did that to my stock muffler i had and it looked so much newer and a clean look
Old 02-06-2006, 09:12 PM

IBTL

LOL
Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just paid to get this one welded in place magnaflows arent too cheap over here</TD></TR></TABLE>
Not to sound cliché, but quality costs.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i cut mine out, and it doesnt look bad.... wow my car is dirty, haha

edit* u can see carbon buildup on the bumper if u tuck it up like this, and carbon owns
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would you do? (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That tip aint bad OR ricey, it looks great, better than most of the car's ive seen. Its fine, but if you could pull it in about 2 inches, so its sticking out the back of the bumper by about 1/8" thatd be great.</TD></TR></TABLE>
agreed
Old 02-08-2006, 02:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alispoon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok then this is wat i would do to make this look better. cut off that tip, it doesnt look good at all </TD></TR></TABLE>

100% agree
Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM
The Theory of Avarice

Default Re: (Mad Vtack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mad Vtack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CUT DAT **** YO lol</TD></TR></TABLE>