Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor

Old 11-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor

?
I'am not trying to said I do drive with a stolen engine but I was woudering if anyone got cought or somthing like that
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (racing_beat)

You drop it like its hot! That's possession of stolen goods man, same as a stolen tv or guitar.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I love to drive

Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (racing_beat)

I think it depends on where you live. It would probably have something to do with possession of stolen property. If you knew it was stolen and admitted to it, you could be arrested. If you didn't know, you'll still lose your engine.

I bought this tape recorder off some chick at work. She said her uncle got it for her for Christmas and she didn't want it. Later on the police arrested her and her boyfriend for robbery. The police interviewed all the employees, asking if they bought anything from the girl. I told them about the recorder, and they made me give it back.

to thieves
Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

50 to life with no parole.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 PM

felony possession of stolen goods plus whatever they want to stick on there in your state....

That means spending time in state pound me in the *** prison.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 PM

Plus if I recall correctly, vaguely yakuza-like Asian gangsters will catch you and force feed you 10W30....or maybe they will just shoot up your riced out "10 second" 2nd gen Eclipse RS... I'm not sure. I need to watch FnF again to make sure of all the facts. j/k
Old 11-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (devi1man)

Here in Ny they have to completely prove it..... plus if you show a reciept of sale in some cases you would not have to give back the stolen goods, if the the original owner has some kind of insurance on the item such as home owners or car insurance etc. Its a complicated process.... also no felony etc for the person who purchased the motor... only the person who stole it.... worse case scenerio you could end up with a small fine and probation.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cnyej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Plus if I recall correctly, vaguely yakuza-like Asian gangsters will catch you and force feed you 10W30....or maybe they will just shoot up your riced out "10 second" 2nd gen Eclipse RS... I'm not sure. I need to watch FnF again to make sure of all the facts. j/k</TD></TR></TABLE>

This one KNOWS how things work...LOL...geez, that was great!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:16 PM

but what if u bought a stolen car and u never knew? o.O like u bought it, it had ignition, keys, etc. everything worked..seller says ill give u tittle doesnt..than u get pulled over..yadda yadda... lol, sorry i just thought about that..
Old 11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racing_beat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">?
I'am not trying to said I do drive with a stolen engine but I was woudering if anyone got cought or somthing like that </TD></TR></TABLE>

Heopfully they'd make you take an English class. Holy Christ you suck at t3h typ1ng!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Heopfully they'd make you take an English class. Holy Christ you suck at t3h typ1ng!</TD></TR></TABLE>

D'oh!!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Heopfully they'd make you take an English class. Holy Christ you suck at t3h typ1ng!</TD></TR></TABLE>
/\ made me laugh out loud
Old 11-17-2004, 02:27 PM

Stolen motors are so the new rice.

Plus someone would be doubly pathetic for stealing my motor.
1st of all pathetic for being a thief
2nd of all pathetic for being a D-series thief
Old 11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (devi1man)

there are asses in my town who drive around 2 days after they blow there motor witha a stolen 12 sec sohc vtec motor in their car and drop it in right after stealing it. ha.. dummies but its funny to watch the street racer drama.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heopfully they'd make you take an English class. Holy Christ you suck at t3h typ1ng!</TD></TR></TABLE>

u ******* sound like my ESOL teacher man stfup
Old 11-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ow well I hope the laws on MD are not that bad
Old 11-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Multi-paradigm

anyway....

i live in So. Cal. and a friend of a friend of mine got busted while racing. they ran his #s through their system and turns out he had a stolen tranny (or was it the whole motor? can't remember) (and i can vouch for the fact that he didn't steal it and didn't know he was buying stolen goods when he bought it, btw) and they just confiscated it. end of story.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (syntax_error)

Im not positive, but im pretty sure here in MD, b/c its a liberal state, and being that it is law to have at least collision insurance on your car, that if you have reciept of purchase, they will make insurance company pay for new engine as if it had been in an accident. I'll run it by my mom and come back to you, she works in the Judicial office and reads up on that **** all the time (she dont trust what i buy. JDM F&F style all t3h w@y j0 )
Old 11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor (Apocolipse269)

My friend's car was stolen (in MD)...and he thought he saw his seats in a DA parked outside of this taco bell. He called the cops, cops came and he identified his seats (stains and such)...car was impounded and the guy who owned it was arressted. Car had a motor from a stolen GSR from new jersey it turns out...the guy struck a plea bargain but I know he got jail time.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<FONT COLOR="royalblue"> Here in nYc you get arrested on site. They consficate the Civic and give you the run around. Those fackers auto larceny ******* are gay. Just because u have a Honda, it doesn't mean you have stolen property inside your vehicle. </FONT>
Old 11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CA6VTEC)

Here's what should happen. Car should be confiscated. You should go to jail for having stolen property. If you spend thousands of dollars on a motor, you should at least ask to see some proof of what it's from and where it came from...
Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CA6VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CA6VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><FONT COLOR="royalblue"> Here in nYc you get arrested on site. They consficate the Civic and give you the run around. Those fackers auto larceny ******* are gay. Just because u have a Honda, it doesn't mean you have stolen property inside your vehicle. </FONT></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats not whats supposed to happen..... unless you admit to it... or say you cannot come up with any reciepts.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ntensehonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Plus if I recall correctly, vaguely yakuza-like Asian gangsters will catch you and force feed you 10W30....or maybe they will just shoot up your riced out "10 second" 2nd gen Eclipse RS... I'm not sure. I need to watch FnF again to make sure of all the facts. j/k </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ntensehonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This one KNOWS how things work...LOL...geez, that was great! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said that... that was said by this guy: <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by devi1man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Plus if I recall correctly, vaguely yakuza-like Asian gangsters will catch you and force feed you 10W30....or maybe they will just shoot up your riced out "10 second" 2nd gen Eclipse RS... I'm not sure. I need to watch FnF again to make sure of all the facts. j/k
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-18-2004, 11:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racing_beat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">?
I'am not trying to said I do drive with a stolen engine but I was woudering if anyone got cought or somthing like that </TD></TR></TABLE> Damn foo ur spelling..haha.
This is what I know, if u get caught with a stolen motor,youll go to jail and ur car WILL be impounded untill u go to court and everything gets settled.a court date sometimes can take a longtime.I dont know all the details....ahhh yeah also,car shows check numbers too.so go ahead put ur car in a show.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

youd get beat up and jacked for your sneakers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what would it happen to u if u get caught with a stole motor