Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols?

what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols?
Old 11-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols? (himynameis)

search, but i believe its the b16a3
Old 11-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Trial User

Default Re: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols? (splitime)

For the si it's the d16z6.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols? (splitime)

crappy one ? i dunno...search!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols? (mantic6t9)

Mantic is correct.

SI's had the SOHC VTEC.

Splitime,
It was the Del Sol VTEC model that came with the B16.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:44 PM

Default Re: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols? (94HybridEX)

You are correct sir!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:51 PM

Default del sols

del sol's with b16a3
Old 11-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sols (sleepysol)

I have to admit- I drove the Del Sol I pulled my B16 from before I tore out the motor and everything- and that car was pretty freakin fun. Especially the targa and cockpit area
Old 11-12-2002, 06:00 PM

Default Re: del sols (ill phil)

You're preachin to the choir! del sol's are a lot of fun to drive, especially when it's warm enough to go topless
Old 11-12-2002, 06:01 PM

Default Re: del sols (ill phil)

'93-'95 Si had D16z6
'96-'97 Si had D16y8

[Modified by clm_Sol, 10:01 PM 11/12/2002]
Old 11-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: del sols (clm_Sol)

Del Slow's are pieces of ****, they sucks ***, so damn slow.

And they have blind spots.

PS: Can you tell I dont like driving my GF's Del Slow?
Old 11-13-2002, 04:19 AM

Default Re: del sols (SpoonSportsEH2)

Dude, you are a ******* idiot. While I realize this is your (pathetic-***) opinion and you are entirely entitled to it, its crap like this posted all over the place that is so ridiculous. Its a HONDA CIVIC with a slightly different body style. Period. So if you say its a piece of ****, then you're talking about all Civics of the same vintage. What do you drive? Oh, a Civic huh?

Reality check man. What trim level is your GF's del Sol? Is it auto? Interesting that a del Sol VTEC is the only USDM OEM DOHC Civic aside from the 99-00 Civic Si, which is heavier than the corresponding del Sol. So stock for stock, your SOHC Civic is SLOWER than a del Sol VTEC. Period.

I think the only piece of **** in this thread is your post, *******.

Steve

Old 11-13-2002, 04:31 AM

Default Re: del sols (stevecockrill)

Dude, you are a ******* idiot. While I realize this is your (pathetic-***) opinion and you are entirely entitled to it, its crap like this posted all over the place that is so ridiculous. Its a HONDA CIVIC with a slightly different body style. Period. So if you say its a piece of ****, then you're talking about all Civics of the same vintage. What do you drive? Oh, a Civic huh?

Reality check man. What trim level is your GF's del Sol? Is it auto? Interesting that a del Sol VTEC is the only USDM OEM DOHC Civic aside from the 99-00 Civic Si, which is heavier than the corresponding del Sol. So stock for stock, your SOHC Civic is SLOWER than a del Sol VTEC. Period.

I think the only piece of **** in this thread is your post, *******.

Steve
huh-huh hehe huh-huh

*Beavis and Butthead laugh*

oWnEd
Old 11-13-2002, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sols (seano)

lol steve
Old 11-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

I think Im the only piece of **** on this thread thats an *******. Steve
Her slow *** piece of **** is a sohc vtec si, no ******* **** its a civic, just those damn rear pillars get in the way compared to a civic. Thats my problem beside thats it heavy and slow. And no my stock civic feels faster. Dont get all Butt-Hurt over my opinion on the pos del slows. Have a whaaaaaamburger.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:46 AM

Default Re: del sols (SpoonSportsEH2)

Ok, you wanna play?

From https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=150315

92 Civic CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
92 Civic VX hatchback: 2094lbs.
92 Civic DX hatchback: 2178lbs.
92 Civic Si hatchback: 2326lbs.

92 Civic DX 4-door: 2275lbs.
92 Civic LX 4-door: 2319lbs.

94 Civic DX coupe 2231lbs.
94 Civic EX coupe 2443lbs.

93 del Sol S 2295lbs.
93 del Sol Si 2414lbs.
94 del Sol VTEC 2491lbs.

Woo hoo. A huge 88lbs difference between a del Sol Si and a Civic Si hatchback WHICH HAVE SIMILAR TRIM AND THE SAME ENGINE. Or, if you like, how about the del Sol being 29lbs LIGHTER than the equivalently equipped coupe? Don't ******* tell me that a del Sol is heavy. STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT ABOUT THIS AND ANY OTHER SITES! Just because you don't like a car, don't be a dick about it. Jesus H. Christ, some people.......

Oh yeah, and that was sooooo funny what you did with the post quote. I'm amazed at your skills. Dick.

Got any more gems for me to rip apart?

Steve

P.S. I'll add this as an afterthought here. Perhaps you didn't know about the actual weights, and we can all treat this as a learning experience. I could edit some of the remarks, but I think I'll leave them in for now. Hopefully you'll learn a little from this post and this forum and stop the verbal diarrhea.

Old 11-14-2002, 06:44 AM

wow, you guys are retarded. This is a dumb thing to be flaming about. del Sol is a love it-hate it car. That is just the bottom line.

Oh, and they do have more creaks, rattles, and leaks that a regular civic. that is just part of having a convertable.

Oh x2, every car has a blindspot dummy.

[Modified by oldskool_rex, 7:44 AM 11/14/2002]
Old 11-14-2002, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Woo hoo. A huge 88lbs difference between a del Sol Si and a Civic Si hatchback WHICH HAVE SIMILAR TRIM AND THE SAME ENGINE.
Isn't the weight-to-power generalization about 10 pounds per horsepower?

So...it would be safe to estimate that between a del Sol and a Civic Si hatchback, with equal weights of gas and driver, the Si hatch would feel about 4-10 horsepower faster. How much money do people spend on 4-10 horsepower? 200 (intake) all the way up to 500 or more for exhaust systems and such.

Don't get all high and mighty and be dismissive of an 88 pound weight difference when people will tear out their back seats, their bumper supports and all their interior panels and such, and hurt the functionality and safety of their car for a little bit of weight.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 AM

Default Re: del sols (oldskool_rex)

wow, you guys are retarded. This is a dumb thing to be flaming about. del Sol is a love it-hate it car. That is just the bottom line.

Oh, and they do have more creaks, rattles, and leaks that a regular civic. that is just part of having a convertable.

Oh x2, every car has a blindspot dummy.

[Modified by oldskool_rex, 7:44 AM 11/14/2002]
I'd agree with ALL the above, all I'm trying to do is present logical data that demonstrates that what a lot of people post is utter horsecrap with no basis in FACT.

I'm not arguing with the guy....he's entitled to his opinion and I don't care if he like del Sols or not, but let him form that opinion based on FACTS not based on some crap that floats around. If someone else sees the thread, and the correction ISN'T there, then that someone else could propagate the error.

But thanks for the comment ....you are right, it is retarded, but I'll do my best to eliminate all erroneous content regarding del Sols.

Steve

[Modified by stevecockrill, 3:57 PM 11/14/2002]
Old 11-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hate it
Old 11-14-2002, 07:09 AM

Default Re: del sols (Mojo-Jojo)

Isn't the weight-to-power generalization about 10 pounds per horsepower?

So...it would be safe to estimate that between a del Sol and a Civic Si hatchback, with equal weights of gas and driver, the Si hatch would feel about 4-10 horsepower faster. How much money do people spend on 4-10 horsepower? 200 (intake) all the way up to 500 or more for exhaust systems and such.
Ok, its the power to weight ratio that's all important. I don't have time right now to crunch the numbers, but I'll get back to you on that shortly.

Don't get all high and mighty and be dismissive of an 88 pound weight difference when people will tear out their back seats, their bumper supports and all their interior panels and such, and hurt the functionality and safety of their car for a little bit of weight.
I'm not getting high and mighty (honestly!).....I'm just trying to point out that the basis for calling a del Sol "slow" or "heavy" needs to have some grounding in fact. The fact is, a del Sol weight is IN BETWEEN the weight of a similarly equipped Civic hatchback and a Civic coupe. I can't see why people don't understand that.

Also remember that only some people go to such lengths to save weight. I think we're talking about generalizations of one form or another. And besides, essentially everything you can do to a Civic you can do to a del Sol, so the weight reduction issue becomes moot, really. Sure, if you're going for the ultimate lightweight drag car, a del Sol isn't the way to go. Neither is a Civic hatch. A CRX HF might work, or how about something even lighter (Caterham, etc)?

I'm just a little tired of hearing peoples' uninformed opinions about del Sols. I'll try to correct them when there is no basis for such opinions (like in this case).

Good points about the power to weight though .....I'll get back to you on that.

Steve

Old 11-14-2002, 05:17 PM

My opinion is that opinions are like ********. Everyone has one, and they usually stink (unless you are a **** star).

#1 overused and unhonored statement on the internet:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is fine. We all have opinions."
Old 11-14-2002, 06:15 PM

Sure, but its better to take that approach and attitude than to get totally bent out of shape over someone else's opinion. For example, chainsaw simply stated that he hates del Sols. That's fine, he/she gives no reason, but that's better than what SpoonSportsEH2 is stating.....his reasoning is based in erroneous information and therefore flawed. I'm attempting to eliminate anti-del Sol prejudice based on FACT.

Its no big deal to me in the end whether someone likes a car or not. But I can't say I'm happy to let the kind of bullshit flow like it has seemed to all over the 'net.

BTW, I think your opinion above is funny as hell

Steve
Old 11-14-2002, 06:17 PM

its D16z6 single cam vtec.. i suggest you get EG2.. Vtec model.. b16 in it

[Modified by 9EG2Sol5, 3:25 AM 11/15/2002]
Old 11-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: del sols (9EG2Sol5)

Umm its 320 lbs heavier then my car......and yes i know everycar has blind spots, but the del slow if i turn my head has a pillar there in the way, not a window like civics/crxs...so you have to use the mirrors.

Quick Reply: what type of motor comes stock in the si del sols?