Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What should i offer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i offer?

Ok i found a 99 civic coupe ex listed @ 6900 and heres wats wrong.

Rust on hood corner and fender corner
fender damage(looks like repeated hammer hits)
Really dull black paint
cut springs
no radio
f'd up stock tweeters
no hub caps
no head rests
smells funny
bent exhaust
96k miles
shift **** is loose

I didnt check under the hood yet...ill do that wen i go back. Can dealers sell salvage titles cuz i forgot to ask if it was. I really like the car tho...if i can get him lower i can use my extra cash and make it clean. I was thinking about 6k but i think i can go lower wat u think? This car is at a small used car dealership.

Thanx and also...are those 99-00 projector lights on ebay any good or rice?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What should i offer? (Lekz)

i would either low ball them or take that 6k and get a cleaner one. you dont know what its been through... when i went to a small dealership the shift **** was drilled out as if there were a button there before(im thinking nitrous)...my 2 cents
Old 07-01-2004, 11:34 PM

Well the price seems fair but with no pics its hard to say. The rust will have to be repaired the fender will have to be replaced...no biggy price wise. New springs but hey your gonna upgrade anyways.

Youll have to repaint after all those repairs and that will run anywhere between 1500 and 2500 for anything that will last awhile.

My prob is the funny smell. You could probably get it out of there but what if you cant?

Personally Id pass just based on a few things. First I think the car is way to heavy for my purposes. Secondly a car thats been banged on, chopped up, not cleaned, motor oil probably looked like water the last time it was changed, and someone worked on it that has no clue about cars. Third....theres better cars out there and the better the platform the better the results.

Oh about the ebay lights...you simply get what you pay for. Try out a set of the true jdm lights they are very bright. You shouldnt give a flying leap if something is rice or not....but yeah theyre pretty ricey.

What I hate mostly about the ricey cars is they dont f-l-o-w well. Ive seen a few cars on h-t and elsewhere that even though they consist of different rice upgrades as a whole the car looks good and flows well. So when you think about buying a cosmetic part to your car think if the end result of your build would look good with that part on.

Blah blah blah....
Old 07-02-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Re: What should i offer? (RangerDan)

Your rite but ima still see wat i can get for it. Ima offer 5500 out the door. Im not worrying bout Paint, bodywork or engine cuz all that will be replaced within the week if i gett a low price. Anyone know of anyplace to search for used cars on line. How much does the car weigh anyways?

yea i kno wats rice or not but im using the term rice to describe shitty quailty. I was gunna get hids and the ebay lights but i dont think theyll project rite. Im wondering if anyone actually tried them with HiDs. I found sum like made by TYC...ive herd good things bout them but u never kno on ebay
Old 07-02-2004, 12:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lekz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your rite but ima still see wat i can get for it. Ima offer 5500 out the door. Im not worrying bout Paint, bodywork or engine cuz all that will be replaced within the week if i gett a low price. Anyone know of anyplace to search for used cars on line. How much does the car weigh anyways?

yea i kno wats rice or not but im using the term rice to describe shitty quailty. I was gunna get hids and the ebay lights but i dont think theyll project rite. Im wondering if anyone actually tried them with HiDs. I found sum like made by TYC...ive herd good things bout them but u never kno on ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now theres a lot of info we could have used earlier lol.

Anyways heres the weight. 2513 lbs roughly.

Heres a good site to review cars. http://autos.msn.com/research/...t3723