Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (pics)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2476174 take a look at the green civic ive got projevtor headlights and the white reverse glow guages for the inside but there not on yet..im looking for a type of body kits or lowing springs...some engine performance
Old 11-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (cjmitthun)

i smell hot flames very hot
well first let me say this cancel ur order on the projectors and do this save u time and embarresment https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=282131 second take off ur fake carbon firme tail lights
and last dont order that hood ur not driving mustang
i would look threw here first before u order any more jc whitney parts
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=594775
welcome to hater tech
Old 11-16-2006, 09:17 PM

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (cjmitthun)

well the stock ones for that year look kinda dumb there not carbon fiber there just black...yea idk im lost idk what 2 do 2 this car..never had an import before... any dieas
Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM

sell it to me for 500
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 PM

500 bucks? r u kidding me? well i got this gay trial thing but email me at cjmitthun@hotmail.com!!! and let me know cuz i need some major help
Old 11-16-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (sTEAMD_rICE)

this is what i did to my 96
now

thats how projectors look on a 96 disgusting i know
but know i swaped my front end to a 2000 for under 250 bucks and got some fogs and droped it
i am currently looking for 16 rims cause my 17s are too big
good luck
Old 11-16-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (hatch96y7)

i got 16'' but there sliver as u seen that i wanna sell and get some different ones
Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2476174</TD></TR></TABLE>

With everything you've done so far (eww by the way) it'd be better to go back to stock and start over with quality parts.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright man. first of all this is the tech thread. seems to me like you want tips on some appearance mods. therefore you should go here: appearance/cosmetic
of course you have to wait a little while for your trial to be over.
and as far as looks go. members of honda-tech dislike bodykits, altezza headlights, and 18" rims on civics. so this is not your crowd. this is more of the style that members here are into: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=594775 i think you should look through that more and if you still like the body kit style, go for it. but again. this is not the place
good luck.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (alacard)

you sell it.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[take a look at the green civic ive got projevtor headlights and the white reverse glow guages for the inside but there not on yet..im looking for a type of body kits or lowing springs...some engine performance</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Sorry I couldn't help it !!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">members of honda-tech dislike bodykits</TD></TR></TABLE>

not all the time, most just look tacky and stupid tho

to the OP, taking those stickers off and painting it something other than that green would help the most. lowering would also set it off a lot more too.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (sasser43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">members of honda-tech dislike bodykits, altezza headlights, and 18" rims on civics.
good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless it's BYS, Chargespeed, Walker, etc
Old 11-17-2006, 01:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright man. first of all this is the tech thread. seems to me like you want tips on some appearance mods. therefore you should go here: appearance/cosmetic
of course you have to wait a little while for your trial to be over.
and as far as looks go. members of honda-tech dislike bodykits, altezza headlights, and 18" rims on civics. so this is not your crowd. this is more of the style that members here are into: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=594775 i think you should look through that more and if you still like the body kit style, go for it. but again. this is not the place
good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 AM

Those stickers add like 5430570349 whp, i need that mod
Old 11-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (sk8er5150)

OP, dont listen to people on this site. If you like your car, then good for you. Lowering springs DO NOT go for ebay's el cheapo, get something like NEUSPEED sport or tein basic. For performance, the only way u'll feel it is if you boost it.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (DeadEnd9009)

did you get like 60 hp with those wheels???
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 AM

take honda tech classes...

Old 11-17-2006, 08:29 AM

i have some more stock tail lights im buying and what not yes i agree its ugly but im trying the best i can and there only 16'' inch rims not 18's
Old 11-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

RICERONI

go ahead and rice it out if you like no matter what anyone says...
but if i see that thing driving through my neighborhood im throwing eggs at it
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 AM

U can actually do what ever you want, and it sometime depends were u live at.

Here in Cali u would get laugh at, but maybe were u live is the thing to do right now.

that trend passed by here a couple of years ago. The body kit, big rims, hoods. now its mostly JDM, and the clean stock look and that is what mostly Honda tech is about.

Just a word of advice what ever you do keep all your stock parts. There will come a time when you will get tired of all the **** you put on it or priorities will evetually take over.

I had that problem and it was a bitch trying to get all the stock parts not to mention money.

just look at the cars on here and try to get ideas of how you want your car to look.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i first saw it, i thought you had scraped against a wall or something.....

heh
Old 11-17-2006, 09:12 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (instrument)

why do any of that? go back to stock and put **** under the hood man, what are those gauges for? is that a boost gauge?

you need f/i so itll show psi, unless you want to know how many inches mecury your intake manifold pulls while youre flooring it its orettty useless for a stock car man
Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 AM

Default Re: (spork motorsports)

Well, this car is not my style...but it's not my car either.

I will say this though. You could make this car look a lot simplier and cleaner while on a budget. These are my opinions, so take them or leave them...I'm being constructive about it

First, get some regular tail lights (as you said you already did). They shouldn't cost over $70 or so. Easy installation.

Second, get rid of the decals and the stickers on the exterior. This mod is free, but I would suggest spending $2 and getting Goo-Gone for the sticky residue that the stickers and graphics will leave on the paint.

Third, remove the mesh grille you have on your front bumper/in between the headlights. This mod is also free, and should be quite easy to do.

Finally, get either a stock grill (thing in between the headlights), or a DIY "Si/type-r" grill. I saw stock ones go for as low as $10, and the si/type-r style grills will not run you over $50 either.

Those mods will not cost over $100, and your car will appear A LOT cleaner. The rims you have on shouldn't be a primary concern as of now. I would think about changing them in the future, but if you like them, they really aren't that bad. Giving your car a nice drop would really compliment the rims. When going with suspension go with something that is at least decent. You can put together nice shock/spring combos for under $500, or even buy them used for under $300 (I sold my KYB AGX's on here with coilovers for $270). If you are looking into a full coilover setup I would highly suggest K-Sports. I had them on my car for a few months now, and I couldn't be happier. They can be had for a little over $600. Your best bet with lowering your car would be to search and do it right the first time! If you have any questions about anything please feel free to pm me.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cjmitthun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2476174 take a look at the green civic ive got projevtor headlights and the white reverse glow guages for the inside but there not on yet..im looking for a type of body kits or lowing springs...some engine performance</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude... goto http://www.jdmcivic.com or http://www.clubsi.com an check out the members rides an ****... more or less everyones a JDM ***** now an days so you might as will fit in.. I mean your car is your car, do what you want with it, but as far as looks an all that go, it will be readily more available for you to fit in the JDM crowd than it would than to try an blend into the Rice-a-roni crowd.. Good luck with anything you do, an if you need parts or knowledgable information just ask.. you'll run into a few dicks here an there but its mostly just jokes.. Dont take it offensive..

Quick Reply: what should i do to my car next? and when u tell me what brand is decent? (pics)