Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do?

Ok so i just purchased this car,what should i do with it?I can spend $1000 on it right now,its a civic dx 93 here are some pics:

I got it for $1995 with 125,578 miles on it and it has a dent in the hatch,no right mirror, a little rust, and no rear speakers
What should i do with the money? ($1,000)
New engine?which?

Modified by Felliph3 at 4:33 PM 10/11/2006
Old 10-11-2006, 12:16 PM
most hood white kid

just a FYI: before you paint it, you are going to HAVE to fix the dnts and the rust, or else its just going to like ***, only shinier. Secondly, 2 grand isnt that bad of a price I guess. If I were you, I would take that 1000 you have, and do some general maintnence on it. like changing timing belt/ water pump, etc. and for future refernce, dont start thread with titles like, what should I do next, and to post picture threads, do it in the A/C forum. Have fun, and welcome to H-T
Old 10-11-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: (egcoupe94)

ok thanks sorry, yes i would fix the body damage before painting it,how expensive is a right mirror?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn bro...i can see there are still some pretty clean EG's out there haha...sweet buy man...first things first...i would get some nice 15 rims oem/rota/volks/konig/ etc...and then choose some good grade tires...i would recommend the yoko avs es100's 205/50/15's...i have them and they stick pretty well...second step get some better rotors and pads...i'd recommend hawk pads with brembo blanks...start from bottom up bro...3rd step would be suspension....Ground controls and kyb adj...best bang for the buck...good luck on your build man...o .and plz...get some security...dont go cheap...
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: (Felliph3)

you dont need that mirror, CX's didnt come with one, you dont need one either.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn bro...i can see there are still some pretty clean EG's out there haha...sweet buy man...first things first...i would get some nice 15 rims oem/rota/volks/konig/ etc...and then choose some good grade tires...i would recommend the yoko avs es100's 205/50/15's...i have them and they stick pretty well...second step get some better rotors and pads...i'd recommend hawk pads with brembo blanks...start from bottom up bro...3rd step would be suspension....Ground controls and kyb adj...best bang for the buck...good luck on your build man...o .and plz...get some security...dont go cheap...</TD></TR></TABLE>

you just used the word rota, and volk in the same sentence...

HAHA, BIG difference
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn bro...i can see there are still some pretty clean EG's out there haha...sweet buy man...first things first...i would get some nice 15 rims oem/rota/volks/konig/ etc...and then choose some good grade tires...i would recommend the yoko avs es100's 205/50/15's...i have them and they stick pretty well...second step get some better rotors and pads...i'd recommend hawk pads with brembo blanks...start from bottom up bro...3rd step would be suspension....Ground controls and kyb adj...best bang for the buck...good luck on your build man...o .and plz...get some security...dont go cheap...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good advice.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: (bmoua)

yes i will get some security, I would hate for a nice hatch like this to go what do you guys recommend for security?Kill switch? I should also get a bangin sound system
Old 10-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egcoupe94)

get yourself a pieced together turbo kit! I'm in the process of making my own and so far the projected total WITH tuning is 1350. also if you decide to do a d16z6 swap or a b seires...a majority of the parts will be reusable.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (broketuner-sol_si)

IDK man can this engine withstand a turbo setup? i plan on getting a cheap swap maybe a B but im on a tight budget
Old 10-11-2006, 12:32 PM

This car also has 125,578 miles on it by the way, i want the N1 exhaust system by a'pexi too
Old 10-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would buy ground controls and yellows.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're smart you'd upgrade the suspension first.

but if you're like most kids you'll buy some goofy rims or some giant stereo system.

we'll see.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: What should i do? (Felliph3)

i'd say suspension.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you're smart you'd upgrade the suspension first.

but if you're like most kids you'll buy some goofy rims or some giant stereo system.

we'll see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats the deal with the suspension?I WILL NOT CUT THE SPRINGS!I will get some shocks or adjustables or whatever but i wont cut them ,that is rice! Why should i upgrade the suspension first? Snow is coming up too so i cant have it too low, i need adjustables.Do the OEM ones go bad?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should set it on fire. FIRE! FIRE!

That would cost way less than $1000, and it would look really badass, for a while anyway.

Other than that, I can't see getting a good paint job with the body work for $1K, or a decent swap for that little $. You could get wheels/tires, but why bother on a stock DX with minor cosmetic flaws. Personally I'd turbo it. I just got a rebuilt 2G DSM T25 -w- internal WG, O2 housing, and a decent TIG-welded SS log manifold off of ebay for $200. People sell chipping kits for your OBD1 ECU for about $20, and if you can't solder they'll install the kit for a few more $. I need to order a $10 downpipe flange and pay my local welder to weld a $2 slip-fit exhaust coupler to it, then I just put a $1 clamp on it and there's plenty left out of $1K for a set of injectors and resistor box (if you get low impedance injectors), cheap ebay charge piping and IC, and an hour or two of dyno tuning with a WB.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (rmcdaniels)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you should set it on fire. FIRE! FIRE!

That would cost way less than $1000, and it would look really badass, for a while anyway.

Other than that, I can't see getting a good paint job with the body work for $1K, or a decent swap for that little $. You could get wheels/tires, but why bother on a stock DX with minor cosmetic flaws. Personally I'd turbo it. I just got a rebuilt 2G DSM T25 -w- internal WG, O2 housing, and a decent TIG-welded SS log manifold off of ebay for $200. People sell chipping kits for your OBD1 ECU for about $20, and if you can't solder they'll install the kit for a few more $. I need to order a $10 downpipe flange and pay my local welder to weld a $2 slip-fit exhaust coupler to it, then I just put a $1 clamp on it and there's plenty left out of $1K for a set of injectors and resistor box (if you get low impedance injectors), cheap ebay charge piping and IC, and an hour or two of dyno tuning with a WB.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Found a turbo for 300 plus 40 shipping,good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1
Old 10-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Felliph3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Found a turbo for 300 plus 40 shipping,good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1 </TD></TR></TABLE>
a t3/t4 turbo alone costs about 300...let alone the full kit...i call bs on that auction...doesnt seem legit. plus a t3/t4 turbo is pretty big for a stock d15.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a t3/t4 turbo alone costs about 300...let alone the full kit...i call bs on that auction...doesnt seem legit. plus a t3/t4 turbo is pretty big for a stock d15.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thought so too,it would maybe fully spool by 5th,never by the lower gears.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesn't look like it's AC/PS compatibl;e, but that's a great price. The only thing I'd worry about is the turbo, could be too big for an SOHC motor causing lots of lag, and it may need to be rebuilt, even if it does...get that kit, sell the turbo(if it's too big or needs a rebuild, otherwise keep it if it's fine) and tune it, even if you used the buy it now price you should be able to get it tuned and your oil pan fixed up for the drain line for under 1100 out the door.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a t3/t4 turbo alone costs about 300...let alone the full kit...i call bs on that auction...doesnt seem legit. plus a t3/t4 turbo is pretty big for a stock d15.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Truth^^

It will sell for way more then 300 too.

Like rmcdaniels said, Piece together a turbo kit for the car and DIY.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

suspension. this means replacing all worn bushings, ball joints, inner and outter tie rods, upgrading shocks, springs, alignment, wheels and tires. should cost you around 1200 if youre pretty handy and do a lot of the work yourself.

then brakes. i'd buy new calipers up front, new wheel cylinders out back, fresh drums and discs for the front, and new lines, fluid and pad compound. Also replace the master cylinder. and think about doing the front wheel bearings and hubs too.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the seller wants $800 buy it now, so im going to guess that he wouldnt let it go for $300. he either has a reserve set or a price in mind that he will sell it for.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:30 PM

Im not going to make a sleeper,i need to take care of looks first.All show no go is not what i have in mind,i need rims and a bodykit in a while but rims is a must,i cant ride 13's! Too embarassing. I also need a tach but should i get one or just get an SIR II gauge cluster? So rims is a must and some power.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks decent to me, but at $300 the reserve isn't met, so how much does he really want for it? It also says it comes with an "ECU chip", whatever that means, is he also including a chipped ECU? I don't see any injectors with it, which should be there if the ECU is chipped. It's an old Drag manifold and he doesn't say what type of turbo is it (cheap Chinese XS Power junk or a decent turbo?), plus no IC and a $20 old DSM BOV. I was thinking more along the lines of something I bought recently for a B-series:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

Intercooler with piping for $19 shipped:

DSM 450 injectors, $70 shipped:

Resistor box for injectors, $15.50 shipped:

etc, etc, etc.

Quick Reply: What should i do?