Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What seats are these? **EG Guru's chime in**

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What seats are these? **EG Guru's chime in**

I recently got these seats and I know for sure they are SIR II seats but I remember reading some where they were some type of anniversary seat?

I know they werent the typical SIR II seat offered in Japan...but like a grade up?

Here they are in my Hatch..

Anyone know ?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:32 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

That's the 25th anv. Interior
Old 11-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man. Anyone know what the history is behind these... only one year offered? or what trim level SIR were they in...or were they offered in VTI's, SIR-S..etc ?

Last edited by JOEY F.; 11-23-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought these were standard items in the SiR2? I have them in mine and thought it was one of the differences between the SiR an SiR2?

Can upload pic's of mine if it helps!
Old 11-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Powelly
I thought these were standard items in the SiR2? I have them in mine and thought it was one of the differences between the SiR an SiR2?

Can upload pic's of mine if it helps!

Please do upload pics! Thats what I was trying to figure out too.. Some people say they are 25th anniversary...and some say they are standard for SIR II trim EGs... My brother has some JDM seats in his hatch as well but they look completely different... Maybe theyre from a VTI or lower model..

My bro's seat set up

in this car..

Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your seats look to be the annv. seats like was said before. Your bro's seats it's hard to tell if they are the purple'ish color or faded black ones. If they are purple then they are standard sir seats and if they are black they are sir-s seats.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"25th Anniversary" is a myth. Just think about it---25th anniversary of what? In '92-95, 25 years ago would be '67-70. That makes no sense.

JOEY F: Your seats are from the SiR-S hatch. I had similar seats, from the SiR-S Ferio. I think they may have only been offered on SiR-II's (94-95).

Your brother's seats are the much more common ones. That's the Gathers interior, with the rear area that folds and has a compartment where the spare tire would go.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know they werent offered in all SiR II's I had a 92 and they had the basic one arm support headrest, and were ugly!!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hushypushy
"25th Anniversary" is a myth. Just think about it---25th anniversary of what? In '92-95, 25 years ago would be '67-70. That makes no sense.

JOEY F: Your seats are from the SiR-S hatch. I had similar seats, from the SiR-S Ferio. I think they may have only been offered on SiR-II's (94-95).

Your brother's seats are the much more common ones. That's the Gathers interior, with the rear area that folds and has a compartment where the spare tire would go.
I hear you on he 25th anniversary thing...I asked myself the same thing, "anniversary for what??"....it def cant be the Civic since the first gen came out in 72 at the earliest...

There is always the possibilty of a 25th anniversary for their first passenger car, the N360 from 1970... but why make an interior to celebrate that? Its beyond me...

and the seats I have cannot be an exclusive SIR-S trim option...they can be seen in a number of EG SIR IIs in Hyper Rev Vol. 7...on pg 208 is perfect shot of a blue SIR II with the "anniversary" seats in it ... you can clearly see headrest with a hole in it rather than the single post solid head rest.

So im thinking the seats were just another option you could pick for a SIR-s or SIR II... Different interior packages im guessing, not trim level dependant?

btw, the gathers rear interior storage box doesnt hold the spare, rather the spare sits under the storage box.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JOEY F.
btw, the gathers rear interior storage box doesnt hold the spare, rather the spare sits under it.
Right, I keep forgetting how shallow the trunk is with the Gathers interior compared to the regular interior. I was pretty surprised the first time I saw it.

Regarding SiR-S...I was under the impression that the "S" package added the seats. If not, then it was probably just another random level of trim you could add. Honda tends to do that for those lucky Japanese buyers.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my bf's sir-s hatchback did not come with those. So I can't see them being from a sir-s, but i could be wrong.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Right, I keep forgetting how shallow the trunk is with the Gathers interior compared to the regular interior. I was pretty surprised the first time I saw it.

Regarding SiR-S...I was under the impression that the "S" package added the seats. If not, then it was probably just another random level of trim you could add. Honda tends to do that for those lucky Japanese buyers.
I always thought the SIR-S was an SIR minus the moon roof ? If that is at least known b/w the SIR-s and the SIR II then I can truely say the SIR II had these seats by way of the picture...

Well, staring at the Hyperrev picture harder.... I really cant tell if this paricular EG has a moon roof or not... I know for sure it has the seats but the picture is captioned "91 Civic SIR II".... I mean the caption could be wrong for all I know...

as u can tell....im bored as a mo fo this Sunday afternoon. LOL

Last edited by JOEY F.; 11-23-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They may be Sir-S seats but they would have to be 94-95 as my 93 Sir-S has the all black floating headrest interior that i've seen on many others.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is real clean! wow
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civic_HatchSI
my bf's sir-s hatchback did not come with those. So I can't see them being from a sir-s, but i could be wrong.
Welllll that's because those particular seats are from a Ferio

So, it seems that these are not specifically SiR-S seats. But does that mean that no SiR-S ever came with them?

I always thought the SIR-S was an SIR minus the moon roof ? If that is at least known b/w the SIR-s and the SIR II then I can truely say the SIR II had these seats by way of the picture...
From what nsxmatt is saying, there is more than one type of seat with the hole in the headrest, not just the one with the checker pattern. So that 91 SiR might have those..?

Does anyone have any literature that mentions these seats at all? I've never seen them in a catalog or anything...I would be very interested to read about them.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
They may be Sir-S seats but they would have to be 94-95 as my 93 Sir-S has the all black floating headrest interior that i've seen on many others.

Well there you go...a REAL SIR-S with the floating head rest seats... awesome. So the seats I have are definitely not SIR-S exclusive.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SIR-S's were only available in 92-93 from what i've been told.

My roommates SiR2 came with the so called anniversary ed. seats. His was a 94 w/ abs/airbags/etc.

I would say they were an option for 94-95 SIR's but i would ask "shorsh" hes the man for jdm cars/info.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks like Del sol seats but with a better fabric. Maybe its jdm del sols?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like xsi integra seats..
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like them whatever they are!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What seats are these? **EG Guru's chime in**

they seem to be sirII
sir-s comes with all black interior non checkered
i have a anniversary hatch for sale. interior is green interior, non cargo box, and they have small headrest on the rear seats, they come on a eg5, doch zc motor,

Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the "Ferio" seats on my Coupe they look sick too!! It was either going to get the so called EG6 (25th Anniversary) seats or the EG9 Ferio... H-Motors would not part them out. was looking at $900 bills complete interior so i got the EG9 Ferio front seats for 300. The Coupe looks good.

Last edited by dj theoretic; 12-22-2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eg9 ferio seats are comfy, i would rock those
Old 12-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those seats made me kinda dizzy.

They look comfortable as hell though. How are they?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I recently got these seats and I know for sure they are SIR II seats but I remember reading some where they were some type of anniversary seat?

I know they werent the typical SIR II seat offered in Japan...but like a grade up?

Here they are in my Hatch..

Anyone know ?

Does anyone know how much they go for.. i have the same pair and looking to get rid of them but dont know how much they are worthe??

Quick Reply: What seats are these? **EG Guru's chime in**