Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What is this plug for?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EM1 Sub-Dash Harness Question: What is this plug for?

I am in the process of rebuilding an EM1 and I came across this plug under the dash. My guess is that it has something to do with the cruise system, but I have absolutely no idea what it is for. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Also if there is a box or something it plugs into that I might not have if you could provide the part diagram and/or # so I can order it I would appreciate that as well. here are the pictures. Also it looks like one of the wires has been spliced leading into the plug. Not sure why though.

Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EM1 Sub-Dash Harness Question: What is this plug for? (projectegr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by projectegr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am in the process of rebuilding an EM1 and I came across this plug under the dash. My guess is that it has something to do with the cruise system, but I have absolutely no idea what it is for. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Also if there is a box or something it plugs into that I might not have if you could provide the part diagram and/or # so I can order it I would appreciate that as well. here are the pictures. Also it looks like one of the wires has been spliced leading into the plug. Not sure why though.

Thanks again.</TD></TR></TABLE>
optional oem alarm
Old 11-25-2006, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EM1 Sub-Dash Harness Question: What is this plug for? (gs R inteqras)

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:46 AM

Default Re: EM1 Sub-Dash Harness Question: What is this plug for? (projectegr)

It plugs into the stock stereo. The stock keyless entry system is inside of the OEM stereo.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gs R inteqras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
optional oem alarm </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct, a real alarm was also an option from the dealer instead of the keyless entry system.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EM1 Sub-Dash Harness Question: What is this plug for? (F20Cteg)

I have the stock stereo CD player and there is no plug for this. I have the standard blue plug and then the small black square plug for what I believe is the CD Changer. Did this green plug go into the tape deck?

Also will the car be fine w/o it hooked up?