Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What is the plastic piece that goes in the wheel well to cover the Cold air intake???????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the plastic piece that goes in the wheel well to cover the Cold air intake???????????

Hey guys i have a 95 eg and the plastic piece that covers the area where the cold air intake is is missing and water is getting up into the filter. Do you guys know what the name of this piece is? Or is it a whole set of plastics on bottom of the engine bay? Anyways let me know please im clueless thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is the plastic piece that goes in the wheel well to cover the Cold air intake??????????? (h

Pics would help. There are several things to which you could be referring...

Do you need something from this picture?
http://www.slhondaparts.com/br...=true

You can also browse their diagrams for other sections. You'll learn a hell of a lot about your car if/when you do...

GL!
JasonGhostz

<FONT COLOR="white">NINJA</FONT>My vote is #5, 74101-SR3-000, the Inner Fender.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is the plastic piece that goes in the wheel well to cover the Cold air intake??????????? (h

fender liner, or splash gaurd
Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by A.E Motoring &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fender liner, or splash gaurd</TD></TR></TABLE>There are several other parts on a Civic that are listed in the Helm Manual (and other "official" parts lists) as a "Splash Guard" and "Mud Guard". "Fender Liner" is also incorrectly used by some to refer to the "Fenderwell Trim".

But in any case, as long as someone has the P/N, or can take a picture, then there's usually no problem. Some people in Dealership Parts Departments don't even know the "correct" (book) name for the parts. They still get the job done...

Take a picture, OP!!!
JasonGhostz
Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 PM

here we go
the set up

The plastic piece that would keep water from splashing up into the intake filter. Or the name of the whole bottom plastics not sure
Old 06-26-2008, 05:12 PM

here we go
the set up

The plastic piece that would keep water from splashing up into the intake filter. Or the name of the whole bottom plastics not sure
Old 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.slhondaparts.com/br...=true
#5 from the above should cover most of that up. Check under your Front Bumper Cover near that corner to see if your #7 was damaged, too...

Hope that helped!
JasonGhostz
Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Or here if it's cheaper.
http://www.hondaautomotivepart...ENDER

Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM

Default Re: (1992Si)

Hey guys yah its definently the number 5... And not sure about the number 7 though... so thats called the splash gaurd? Both of mine are damaged on both sides.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: (hung_kuen)

Most dealers should have them. Call one and find out.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hung_kuen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hung_kuen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys yah its definently the number 5... And not sure about the number 7 though... so thats called the splash gaurd? Both of mine are damaged on both sides.</TD></TR></TABLE>#5 and #8 are listed in the Helm Manual as the "Inner Fender" (Fender, Inner). I believe it is listed this way in all Dealership Systems as well.
#7 is listed as "Front Splash Shield" (Shield, Fr. Splash)...

The best thing to do, NO MATTER WHERE YOU GET YOUR PARTS, is to use that or another site to identify the parts you need. Get Part Numbers (usually XXXXX-XXX-XXX). Write down the actual description, letter for letter, comma for comma.

I'm not trying to advertise. SLH has the quickest and simplest interface when it comes to P/N hunting. I prefer HPD for downloading the Parts Diagrams, as their pictures are clearer, and larger (after download).

http://www.slhondaparts.com/

Start there, and use the pull-down menus to navigate to YOUR vehicle, and the parts/systems which interest you. Sometimes parts are listed in places that might not make sense, but...

You have to be willing to roll your mouse/cursor over various places on the page, and use discretion as to when you put your finger down.

I hope this helps. Good Lord, I hope this helps...
JasonGhostz
Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its the Inner Fender. Make sure you check out your splash guards as well to see if that is needed.