Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What parts are missing from my B16A? And Throttle Cable Help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What parts are missing from my B16A? And Throttle Cable Help.

Besides the intake pipe, I see places where hoses should go. But I really do not know. I buy the car with the engine as such. It runs, but I feel really uncomfortable with parts I know is missing from my car. But Idk what parts they are....

Also, I noticed when I got the car, the idle was high. At about 3000 r.p.m. I looked under the hood for reasons. Come to find out, my throttle cable was slightly holding the throttle body open. So I was think my cable was too short. So i adjust so the throttle would be closed, BUT it woun't FULLY open anymore. So I guess the throttle cable is too short. Does anyone have anything to say that could help?? Or is there a cable out there that would be best?
Here are a couple pics. i can get some more.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol damn! looks like u have no vaccume hoses but im not sure about the vaccume hoses... but for ur throttle cable..get a 99-00 si bracket and cable.. u might not need the bracket if the b16 came out of a 99-00 si
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v8 integra)

You laugh. So is it good or bad? I mean, I can assume it is bad, but I wanna know. And it is a JDM B16A.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh n i think the the valve cover 1 should go to the intake arm/tube..
Old 09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

lots of those hoses go to the emissions evap canister thingy.. i've always ripped it out it's not a huge deal unless whereever you smog your car looks for that. the swap looks to be a bit on the "janky" side. such as how your may sensor is hooked up and such. looks like he used a obd0 tb with no spot for a map sensor on it. so when you have the idle fixed does it idle smooth or does it bounce around?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for laughing..i kno theirs a vaccume diagram somewhere on this forum which shows u were all the hoses go..
i jus did a quick search for u..i kno this is for a dseries but i belive it should b pretty similar. i hope this helps

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1970087
Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was adjusting the throttle cable with him and we adjusted it so it closed the throttle body and it was right before it opened it. The throttle cable is too long and only opens it about 75% at full throttle. So should he get an EM1 throttle cable?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

the throttle cable stay is in the wrong place. it needs to be moved back, to the other open holes
where the red circle is. then your cable may be the right length. If it's still to short a B16/typeR cable and the stay would be the correct way to do it. I used a Type-r stay and Type-r throttle cable

Modified by HybridcivicLS-T at 10:39 PM 9/4/2008
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.Grimace)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Grimace &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lots of those hoses go to the emissions evap canister thingy.. i've always ripped it out it's not a huge deal unless whereever you smog your car looks for that. the swap looks to be a bit on the "janky" side. such as how your may sensor is hooked up and such. looks like he used a obd0 tb with no spot for a map sensor on it. so when you have the idle fixed does it idle smooth or does it bounce around? </TD></TR></TABLE>
The idle is fixed. Smooth and low, but it is slow to respond when I push on the throttle.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v8 integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry for laughing..i kno theirs a vaccume diagram somewhere on this forum which shows u were all the hoses go..
i jus did a quick search for u..i kno this is for a dseries but i belive it should b pretty similar. i hope this helps

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1970087</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks SiR
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

what did you do to fix it? it's probably slow to respond becuase it's still not correct, either at the foot pedal or the cable stay
Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HybridcivicLS-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the throttle cable stay is in the wrong place. it needs to be moved back, to the other open holes
where the red circle is. then your cable may be the right length. If it's still to short a B16/typeR cable and the stay would be the correct way to do it. I used a Type-r stay and Type-r throttle cable

Modified by HybridcivicLS-T at 10:39 PM 9/4/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the throttle cable stay is in the wrong place. it needs to be moved back, to the other open holes

Modified by HybridcivicLS-T at 10:39 PM 9/4/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>
so it looks like we have the wrong bracket then too?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridcivicLS-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what did you do to fix it? it's probably slow to respond becuase it's still not correct, either at the foot pedal or the cable stay</TD></TR></TABLE>
My friend and I out less stress on the throttle body by SLIGHTLY moving the stay futher down the cable.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lil Gnome)

Idle speed should be around 800 or so.

You need to plug that vacuum port on top of the throttle body if you're not going to get a charcoal canister and hook it up properly. Also, get an intake for christ sakes. Your compression is going to **** with you driving around on unfiltered air.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (baller status)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by baller status &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Idle speed should be around 800 or so.

You need to plug that vacuum port on top of the throttle body if you're not going to get a charcoal canister and hook it up properly. Also, get an intake for christ sakes. Your compression is going to **** with you driving around on unfiltered air.</TD></TR></TABLE>
HEY! IF I COULD AFFORD AN INTAKE! And i know it is bad. I barely drive it.