Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what motors have a balance shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please respond i know it is a long thread but no one is gonna read it!

i think a mechanic was looking at the wrong engine on his computer when he adjusted my valves.he keep on isisting that my d16y8 motor has an additonal belt besides the timing belt he told me i have a balanve shaft belt! i know damn well my car has no balance shaft belt or a balance shaft!well i think he adjusted my valves to what ever motor he was looking at on my computer sent it home with my gf and it was ticking BAD it was not ticking any bit out of the ordinary of a motor in need of a valve adjustment before we had them mess it up LMAO!me and a buddy put the belt on last weekend did not move the timing, tensioned correctly and it was running good we didnt have time to do the adjustment so we took to shop while we worked,they sent it home with us ticking like a S.O.B so we took it back and said make it right.they called about 3 oclock and said your timing is off and belt is not tensioned properly i inspected upon arrival home and noticed the belt had a tear in it about the size of a 1/4" flat head sqrew driver like they pryed off the belt and moved the cam!and the belt was tensioned properly so thease guys sqrewed me! i sure hope the valves aint sqrewed up!anyway im boycotting this place if there is internal damage! i reemed them out on the phone today cause my gf called me crying cause manager yelled at her! i made him feel like an *** so he gonna give the money back! but if he messed up the valves then how do i get him to pay for someone else to fix what he messed up cause i dont want him to lay another finger on my precious honda! anyone know what to do in a situation like this?and why would he think a d16y8 has a balance shaft belt what motor could he be talking about?

Modified by BUDtoker at 4:02 PM 11/14/2007
Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Re: please respond i know it is a long thread but no one is gonna read it! (BUDtoker)

you're right the d16y8 dont have a balancer shaft, honda had the balancer shaft on the d16z6 motor that comes on 92-95 civics ex/si,the balancer shaft has it own belt(a smaller version of a timing belt) that runs behind the timing belt, if your timing was off theres a good chance your valves maybe bent(hope not),sounds the mechanic didnt know what he was talking about are what he was doing
Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for doing it yourself next time 8( dumb *** mechanics are only good for oil changes and brake pads. take it to someone who knows hondas next time if u have too. as far as getting money out of him for internal repairs its not lookin good cuz its a buisness vs a kid who says they wrecked it ya know? lots of people try that **** just to scam cash and they expletiveed it up for people who really do get screwd
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 AM

Default Re: please respond i know it is a long thread but no one is gonna read it! (MoreBoost!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MoreBoost! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honda had the balancer shaft on the d16z6 motor that comes on 92-95 civics ex/si,</TD></TR></TABLE>

AFAIK Honda didn't use balance shafts on any engine &lt; 2l
Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

i just did a timing belt on a z6 a couple months ago and there is no balancer shaft or belt on this engine, only the timing belt