Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What kind of security system is the most effective?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What kind of security system is the most effective?

Sorry if this has a thread already...but I did the search...couldn't find it. Can anyone give me some opinions from experience, or from what they heard works the best. For example: Alarm, quick release steering wheel, that wheel boot thing...etc. What security devices are better than others...the CLUB only delays the steeling process about 10 seconds. That thing is bullshit. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 AM

the best security system is one that you dont talk about on a public forum.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the best security system is one that you dont talk about on a public forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>
that is irrelevant, hes looking for a good alarm system what do you think a thief is going to stay up with this thread and see what alarm he gets so he can figure out what he has to disarm, then locate him and his car?....dont be such a paranoid, give him a suggestion or dont post

to the thread starter...ive heard many good things about Clifford alarms, they have lots of features and work nicely, a few of my friends have them...fuel cut-off switches, hood latch cable relocation, theres lots of good things you can do, just do a search you should come up with something
Old 07-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

i'm looking for help...not bullshit replies. i'm not asking how to defeat all anti theft devices. I'm asking which ones seem better or would work better. Save it!

Thanx for the help ART! And i'm a trial user and i've reached my posting max I think, so I can't reply anymore....DAMMIT! How long is this trial thing?!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:14 PM
New User

Default Re: (2000HYBRiDHatch)

Fuel cut off and shoes next to your bed so you can run after the poor bastard to whoop his ***!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:16 PM

I don't know how good thieves are but I would think Lo-Jack or the likes would be very good. The best would probably try to find a place to live that has a garage or make sure you park at least one car behind you at night if you have to park outside in the driveway.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (electronb16si)

kill switch, common sense, alarm with a backup, dual stage, and pager feature, autolok, and remove your ecu or steering wheel when you get out. Ecu is easy to carry around if your at the mall or something
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (2000HYBRiDHatch)

autoloc, fuel cut off. engine kill w/ alarm. hood switch and proxy sensor. handgun and practice at a local shooting range.. it works for me, i sleep with my windows rolled down on my car
Old 07-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (john666)

Hood latch relocation how to? I'm sure there is one, i'll do a search...thanx for all the help. I already have the handgun idea. Glock 22...sure it jams, but one will getcha!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (electronb16si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electronb16si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know how good thieves are but I would think Lo-Jack or the likes would be very good. The best would probably try to find a place to live that has a garage or make sure you park at least one car behind you at night if you have to park outside in the driveway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have LoJack and the problem with it is that it doesnt go into effect until you realize that your car is gone and you call the police, therefore if you wake up in the morning and you car is gone, they will find it...but stripped

definitely a pager feature, kill switch and make sure that you put a sensor on your hatch(if you have one)
Old 07-23-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (mEKsican)

Focus on securing the car and never mind the gun nonsense. If you shoot someone trying to steal your car, you're going to jail. Period. This is the real world where all all sorts of little boy's gun fantasies will be met by an uncaring judge and an unsympathetic jury.

Watch whatever pennies you have in the bank go bye-bye as you hand them over to your attorney in an ill fated attempt to keep your stupid *** out of jail. If you have any dough left, the resulting civil suit will make sure you're poor for a good long time. Ever hear of attached wages? That means that you get to give a percentage of every paycheck to the dick that tried to take your ****, or his family, for years.

The felony conviction record that follows you around for the rest of your life is a neat little bonus too. Try explaining it to a potential employer.

You can be thrown in jail and sued just for kicking the **** out of someone who stole, or attempted to steal your stuff.

No ******* car is worth it, not even your precious Civic. You'll lose way more than the car could ever be worth on its best day.

I speak from experience and believe me, I wouldn't wish it anyone. It's a good thing that most of the tough guy gun talk is just that. You DO NOT want to live in regret for the rest of your life.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (Debaser)

Sounds to me like you are a theif as much as you know about getting out of ****. Sounds like your being afraid of getting one popped in ya. Shoot the mother ****** and drag him in your house. Have a gun w/ no numbers on it and put it in his hand. If this country wouldn't be so stupid and actually let people shoot people that are theiving **** I would bet that we wouldn't have near as much crime as we do now. SHOOT 'EM ALL LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT !!!
Thieves suck
Old 07-23-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (VogueSilverHX)

Detachable hubs for your steering wheel are also a decent deterrant but then again so is a blinking light.

Multiple starter kills are great along with some sort functional alarm system.

remember, where you park your car for long periods of time or frequently visit put your car at risk to conventional theives and those that have the ability to TOW your vehicle away in moments so keep that in mind also.

ps... and not having graphics/steal-me stickers is a plus too!
Old 07-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Electrician

This:

+

This:

=

This:

Best security in the world.

IMO, cut off switches for fuel pump and ignition hidden in a clever location. With, The Club AND Auto Lock.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (VogueSilverHX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VogueSilverHX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds to me like you are a theif as much as you know about getting out of ****. Sounds like your being afraid of getting one popped in ya. Shoot the mother ****** and drag him in your house. Have a gun w/ no numbers on it and put it in his hand. If this country wouldn't be so stupid and actually let people shoot people that are theiving **** I would bet that we wouldn't have near as much crime as we do now. SHOOT 'EM ALL LET GOD SORT 'EM OUT !!!
Thieves suck </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's nifty, Jeb. Tell ya what tho': go back and actually READ my post. Your whole "drag him in the house" response is typical and indicative of the mentality that I was speaking of. Just have a gun around with no numbers to put in his hand huh? That's brilliant, professor. It's also a felony in and of itself, cowboy. I'd be willing to bet you'd **** your pants if you were actually in the situation. You wouldn't have the presence of mind to follow through with your neat little plan either.

Yeah, I'm a thief. This is my cleverly conceived plan to talk everyone out of having a gun so I won't get shot taking their ****, which I'm terrified of. Designed any rockets lately? Who said anything about getting out of ****? RIF: Reading Is Fundamental. Try it, you might learn something.

I just love internet tough guys who have all sorts of rough-neck **** pouring out of their mouths and keyboards as they speak from the comfort of their parents home. It's obvious that any sort of sense is wasted on you, Mr. Badass. Perhaps when you grow up and come to grips with reality, you'll figure it out. Until then, tell the Easter Bunny I said "Hi" and when you're sitting on Santa's lap this Christmas, tell him you want a nice shiny UZI with a scope and a bayonet and a drink holder and a compass in the stock and a compartment for your candy bars and...

Won any spelling bees lately? Besides the fact that you can't read, you're not exactly stellar at spelling either. Maybe you should trade in your big, mean gun for a book. Mother Goose would be a good starting point for someone of your caliber. A Speak 'N' Spell wouldn't hurt either. You can have it dash mounted.

Hey, if anybody ***** wif yo' ****, make sure you show 'em who's boss, Tiger. You go girl!

By the way, I'm coming down to KY to steal your outhouse and your squirrel pelts, so make sure you keep your M-16 in your lap while you're knitting your latest afghan, mmmkay sweetie? Smooches!!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:51 AM

1.5 years and I still have my SI.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:41 AM

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

I made a fuel cut off and engine kill switch both switches in different spot, and also along with it is my quick release for my 280mm momo steering wheel, ooh i always rewind the tape and watch it back everymorning for the night scene
Old 07-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dramatic_scientist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dramatic_scientist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ooh i always rewind the tape and watch it back everymorning for the night scene </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!

where was this thread about a home video camera recorder security....it was awesome!

i recommend an immobilizer...if not the wheel lock!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:24 AM

Default Re: (handa)

do a FUEL CUTOFF switch and get an alarm with a back up siren and a alternative electrical source besides from the primary battery and have a NINE by your bed.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (Debaser)

Tell ya what cool guy since I carry a gun everyday of my life. Comes w/ being a cop here in KY. I guess when you come here to KY I'll have fun locking your *** up. HUH PARTNA?
Oh and BTW, why would you want to steal an out house? Looking for a new home??? Oh well, I guess a piece of **** like you would live in an out house huh?

Modified by Ball-Bearing at 2:38 PM 7/24/2004
Old 07-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (mEKsican)

Iv got the Viper 790, seems to work good on my car, and i love the auto start
Old 07-24-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (Ball-Bearing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ball-Bearing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tell ya what cool guy since I carry a gun everyday of my life. Comes w/ being a cop here in KY. I guess when you come here to KY I'll have fun locking your *** up. HUH PARTNA?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take this however you want to but the way you speak on here appears that of a 16 year old showing his online ***** size. If you are really a cop I am curious as to what the hiring process for KY police is.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mEKsican &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hood latch relocation how to? I'm sure there is one, i'll do a search...thanx for all the help. I already have the handgun idea. Glock 22...sure it jams, but one will getcha!</TD></TR></TABLE>

OT: I don't know how long you've had your glock, but when I started using one it would jam all the time. Turned out I was limp wristing it. Worked on my grip and the glock never jams or misfires. The thing I like about glocks is that you can just throw them in the dishwasher to clean it. Think I'm gonna go shooting right now.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (Ball-Bearing)

ball-bearing....your a lame-o buddy lol. *** (always wanted to say that to a cop)
Old 07-24-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: What kind of security system is the most effective? (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Take this however you want to but the way you speak on here appears that of a 16 year old showing his online ***** size. If you are really a cop I am curious as to what the hiring process for KY police is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you. Someone with some intelligence. It's interesting too how a "cop" would recommend dragging bodies around and keeping an illegal firearm on hand. I think, ball-less, you meant to say "****". Isn't that right sweetness? Survey says.....LIAR! Nice try tho' cupcake.

I know you're sitting there simmering and soaking in your damp diaper, hammering away on your Fisher Price My First PC keyboard with the big, colorful keys with pictures of puppy dogs and polly wogs on them, all kinds of frustrated because you lack the capacity to speak intelligently. It's OK tho' pumpkin, because you've gone and frightened us all with your big, mean mouth.

It's been fun, ball-licker. The next time you've got your pimpled *** parked on your ***** in front of your pink PC that's on top of the drooping plywood slung between two saw horses that you swear is a "desk", looking for a fight, come prepared. I know you're bent because I threatened to steal your outhouse and squirrel hat, and you're worried that you'll have to go back to shitting in a coffee can in the "kitchen" and having nothing on or in your empty little head this winter, but I was just kidding honey bun. You can breathe a sigh of relief and go back to peddling your Big Wheel up and down the driveway now.

If you were trying to flirt with me by calling me "partna" and transparently threatening to "lock my *** up", it didn't work, ball-fondler. You go find yourself a nice boy to go to the junior high prom with. I'm really not interested in snuggling with you underneath your Care Bears sheets or checking out your neato tree fort either. Thanks anyway. Hugs to ya, babe.

Quick Reply: What kind of security system is the most effective?