setup:
-d16y7 with y8 intake manifold
-greddy turbo kit with bov and fmic
-2.5" exhaust from downpipe back with a high flow cat
-obd1 p75 ecu chipped and tuned

problem:
-smog in cali

solutions?:
i will need to take out the obvious...the turbo and manifold, all the piping swap back to stock obd2 ecu...but i have some questions about what i can leave in to get it smogged (that is if i dont get it smogged by other means )...what can i leave in? im thinking i can leave the intercooler in, just take out the pipes, im thinking about leaving the intake manifold (because i REALLY dont want to swap back to the y7 intake mani...its a lot of work)...if i do this will i need a stock ex intake?...i was also thinking of leaving the injectors...would this be okay? or will it make me fail due to it running rich?...also since i have a y7...it has the catalytic converter that is built in to the exhaust manifold...but then i also have the high flow cat in my exhaust...this might be crazy but will it be okay if i have both cats in?...as for the oil lines im thinking of just buying something that will screw into them and plug it up temporarily...and then just hiding the lines.

any educated input appreciated...thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: what to keep/not keep *smog* (alacard)

Check or Test, very important to help you out. Ill write out what you need to do thinking your going to a test only.

Intake manifold - has to go, you need the y7 or you will not pass the smog visual. Also if your going to run the y7 ecu you will need to convert back to 3wire IACV and run the y7 throttle body.

Injectors - What injectors are they? Stock? 310s, 1000s? If there stock your fine, if there anything bigger the ecu will not read them correctly and youll run like ***.

Header/O2 sensors - 2 cats is fine as long as you have your o2 sensors, if there hooked up running correctly your fine.

Oil lines - you could cap them but then theyll hang and could catch to something, if you zip time them somewhere secure then your fine. If not just remove them and plug the hole.

Intercooler - has to go, test only wont even look at your car if they see that, check probably wont care depending on the guy. If its painted black with a grill could probably pass check (again depending on the guy)

Make sure you run the intake arm with the IAT in there and all the proper smog crap. Its a fun time of every other years i know.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soo basically theres not much if anything at all that i can leave...it has to go back to stock almost completely...ugh. the injectors are 310s...sorry i thought it was implied that they werent stock...well, hopefully i wont have to do all this...and i havent gotten the statement yet but i didnt have to last year...so i know its gonna happen...well. thanks for the info.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn taking all that out and putting it back in is going to be fun bro haha...good luck on your smog bro...
Old 09-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn taking all that out and putting it back in is going to be fun bro haha...good luck on your smog bro...</TD></TR></TABLE>
ugh...yeah its gonna suck. thanks though.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: (alacard)

you could always have it done unlawfully so you dont have to deal with takin it off and putting it back on.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EGwhat!!!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGwhat!!! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could always have it done unlawfully so you dont have to deal with takin it off and putting it back on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what i meant when i said "assuming i cant get it done by other means"...unfortunately i dont know anyone...so ill have to see.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Re: (alacard)

where you located at??
Old 09-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a greddy turbo kit, the kit is carb exempt. its the FMIC, IM, and your funny ecu that isn't going to pass... the turbo kit will pass if you have all the parts that go to it.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (littleredcivic)

I was sweating getting my 10 year old dx smogged on saturday and it's all stock except for the AEM...they still went over that **** with a fine tooth comb. I couldn't imagine having a turboed car.