Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What a JOKE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a JOKE!!

Okay... There is this kid i know, and he's stupid. Like, pathological liar stupid, that ALWAYS thinks he's right and will argue with you til you die, even if he has to make it up! Like, this kid could point at a mail-box and say "Thats a tree." and he would FIGHT with someone about it. I'm sure you know the kind of kid i'm talking about, there's one in every city...

Anyways, this kid has been driving crappy cars since day one, and tries to make them sound fatastic. Like, he had a 1985 Dodge 400 convertible thing and tried to tell everyone it was worth a lot and garage kept for it's entire life. He also put like, 2 12's in it and bumped ICP all day.

Okay, well I get on yahoo one day and his status says: "IHATE riceburners butits HARDwhen youowna SUPRA" (It was like that because it wouldn't fit with spaces. cool, huh?)

Now, I can't STAND people who are like "I HATE rice burners, american muscle can kill imports every day, blah blah" The fact is, my SI is slow. but not THAT much slower than a mustang or a camero that cost's a lot more. And it's a CIVIC. You can make ANY car fast. It might take a LOT more effort and money to make a civic faster than old detroit muscle, but it CAN be done! *sigh* anyways, back to the story...

I ask him about his supra and he says.

"I got a Supra, it's a 92, but it's in great condition. I hate gay-*** rice burners but it's a supra so i guess it's okay."

me: Oh, thats cool, whats the HP?

him: I don't know, I just got it, I can't drive it until tomorrow cuz it still needs tags. It's a TURBO too.

That was pretty much the end of our conversation. That was like 2 days ago, and low and behold, guess who i see today in my review mirror on the way home from school? I motion him to pull over in a parking lot and he does.
wow.

This thing was a beast. It was greyish... silverish.....grey. In most places, where the paint wasn't actually, falling off. Most of the paneling was TORN OUT, like pulled away from the frame and barely hanging there.... Those plastic long things that go down the sides of the car (civics have em too but i don't know what they're called) were like, destroyed in the center and it looked like COTTON or something was coming out of it. Jesus christ on a cracker.

I get out of my car and he just smiles... He was like "wanna see me burn out??!?"
I was like " Umm yeah! let's see it!"
This thing was LOUD, like, not good loud, like someone punched holes in the muffler with a screw driver loud. He must have revved the thing to redline and dropped the clutch with a *Ka-BANG-clunk* and burn out he did! The only problem was I couldn't tell the difference between the tire smoke and the smoke that billowed out of his tailpipe. Over the noise I yelled to him "Isn't that bad for your tires?" he says "yeah but i didnt buy them! They're "YOLKS" though!"

I look at his rear tires and barely make out Yokohama. Wow. These tires were bald. Like, a baby's *** would make more friction with the pavement then these tires.

But, now that i think about it, he almost hit second gear in that burn out, and i didn't here any turbo spooling. I ask him to pop the hood.

Hmm. No Turbo.

me: That's nice dude, where's the turbo?"

He hesitates for a second and then points AT THE FRIGGIN SENSOR BOX RIGHT BEFORE THE AIRBOX, I SWEAR TO GOD! iT WAS PLASTIC FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

I told him it wasn't a turbo, and he said "ohh, my brother said it was."

Ben: It don't matter though, because it has the same engine as the NEW SUPRAS! It has like 230 hp!

No, i think not. I think the TURBO 92 supra has 230 hp, and the N/A has 200, and neither has the engine the "new supras" have.

I've been playing it cool this whole time, besides, if i make him feel dumb, he'll never entertain me again. I stroll past the door and peek in the interior and what to i see?? *GASP* Red "RACING-R" Floor mats! and a steering wheel cover to boot!!! WAIT, thats not all, he got a RED **** boot to match his mats! But why take off the OLD shift boot, just rip the new one at the top, slide it over the **** and over the old one and you're good to go!! Nobody will look closely and see the old one peaking out and the fact the new one is just sitting there.

So what do i do? I shake his hand, congradulate him on the new car, and tell him we'll have to cruise around sometime. But this made my day.

BTW, I'm NOT saying supras are shitty cars in ANY way, I'll NEVER own a supra, because I'm too poor, and I couldn't afford the speeding tickets, I just wanted to tell you this great story about this kid i know. Thank god there are a lot of people like him. I feel better about myself.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:07 PM
JV
Who?

Default Re: What a JOKE!! (Hollister Punk)

Cliff notes?
Honda-Tech Member

very nice story

wrong forum dude.
i know the type of people you are talking about though.... can't stand them
Old 08-26-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: What a JOKE!! (Jawad)

ah, yeah i guess it is kinda in the wrong forum, umm, mods if you can move this instead of locking it i would appreciate it! lol

The funny thing about the story is i didn't make ANY of it up. I mean, i guess I can't MAKE you believe me, but I know it's true, and it STILL makes me smile.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:24 PM

i know one of those kids, he lives in my area and even drives a clean type r
Old 08-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What a JOKE!! (SOC EK9)

i used to be one of those kids. hahahaha
Old 08-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What a JOKE!! (careawholelot)

nice story, i think i would've been lauging my *** off so much i would'nt have been able to make fun of him.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I understand what you mean bro, but this is off topic.

I'd move it to the General discussion Forum, but you can't post there yet.

Sorry to welcome you with a locked topic, but it's not really Civic related.

In closing let me say that you will meet many more dumbasses like that guy, and it is best to simply agree with them and know the truth. Arguing with ignorance/stupidity/retardation will only hurt your head.