Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look

I was just wondering what the JDM "look" is and sometimes parts , like tailights are JDM but they look OEM. Could someone clear this up for me.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (mOuse)

jdm - parts from japan. Thats all there is to it.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Rufus)

Read my signature
Old 04-10-2003, 07:33 AM

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Rufus)

and the xtra amount of money that you pay for them , do to cause there JDM
Old 04-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Spoon1)

Fake Vision and Rota's own!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mOuse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just wondering what the JDM "look" is and sometimes parts , like tailights are JDM but they look OEM. Could someone clear this up for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The jdm look is putting really tricked out things on your car...they are somewhat stock looking, but not really...

All these items are part of the JDM look...

Old 04-10-2003, 08:07 AM

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (BauleyCivic)

BauleyCIvic ----------- that was funny as hell. i think he wing is JDM all the way
Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, it was made in Japan... who give a ****
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shouldn it be GIVES

lol.

You know the funny thing is they try emulate us (Clear tail lights, USDM Integra front etc....and yes I know the bug eyes were an option in Japan although why someone would choose it over the sexy regualr one is beyond me).

Sometimes Japanese stuff is wworth it...sometimes its not.

Example: My speedometer doesn't work all the time so I wanted to replace it. The dealer wants 200 bux (That's my cost). I found someone selling the Japanese EG6 gauge cluster, clock, climate control and rear defroster (They all light up amber).

Other then that there is nothing really from Japan on my car.

JDM is kinda like the new fad.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM= overrated, overpriced items

Basically a stock car in Japan that kids over here pay bookoo dollars

Example: "Hey look I have a JDM clock blocker"
So basically he bought a car that comes with a clock then blocks it off deeming it useless.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (pagong)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pagong &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">JDM= overrated, overpriced items

Basically a stock car in Japan that kids over here pay bookoo dollars

Example: "Hey look I have a JDM clock blocker"
So basically he bought a car that comes with a clock then blocks it off deeming it useless.</TD></TR></TABLE>i never understood that mod either..lets take a car with options and take them away...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (B16A2-EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A2-EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Read my signature </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, so true
Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (panda power)

JDM= Japanese Domestic Market
USDM=United States Domestic Market
Get it?
Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (B16A2-EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A2-EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, it was made in Japan... who give a **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahaha, what a crack head.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Spoon Hybrid)

how about higher quality parts??? Anybody ever think of that???

Tein, Apexi, Yokohama, Mugen, blah blah...all Japanese companies that are worth the extra money spent...

NOW- spending a grip to make your car look how another car looks stock....stupid.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOW- spending a grip to make your car look how another car looks stock....stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf? who cares if it is what another car looks like stock. if you like it, you like it. i guess the hundreds of people that put CTR lips on their car and paint match everything are stupid? would you rather me get a blitz body kit than a CTR lip kit?
Old 04-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (Spoon Hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spoon Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">? would you rather me get a blitz body kit than a CTR lip kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

we're not telling you anything, just voicing our opinions on the JDM Bandwagon. You go to carshows to see cars that are not the norm,that was the case. To go to a car show now and see a bunch of stock LOOKING cars is pointless and silly.

If you're happy with all your CTR stuff then more power to you, but dont say that we're telling you to go buy a blitz body kit.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spoon Hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wtf? who cares if it is what another car looks like stock. if you like it, you like it. i guess the hundreds of people that put CTR lips on their car and paint match everything are stupid? would you rather me get a blitz body kit than a CTR lip kit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Na f0get dat y0, sell that shizzle n get you a 240 essexx s0 you could have mad jDm dRiffTiN y0!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All in all
- Get what you like. If it be from japan - america - germany. Who gives a **** where it was made.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:19 AM

Default Re: (Rufus)

you want some cheap jdm stuff?
Move to japan
Old 04-10-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: (Rufus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rufus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All in all
- Get what you like. If it be from japan - america - germany. Who gives a **** where it was made. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree who cares if u dunt like the JDM thing then dunt spend da grip to get the parts, JDM turned into a bandwagon and preferably i like that bandwagon more than the one where all the kids had huge *** bodykits and graphics all on the sides.
i noticed that tho more cars going JDM style look actually made the cars around here look better.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (juicedricer)

jdm is another big fad. but it adpots the more simple look, also cars that showcase the 'jdm look' are more prone to actually be RACED. unlike most of the kitted out showcars etc.

**** fads they are all associated with the show car scene which is pretty pointless anyway so. Get into it for the speed, not for the look
Old 04-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill give you the straight answer, JDM = japanese domestic market, all this jdm stuff is also called grey market , cuz it was never intended to make it here, but i think alot of stuff that comes form japan looks alot nicer than usdm stuff, thats my opinion, now some stuff is alittle weird, like the jdm road flares? but i dontr knock the people that buy them, they are just bigger jdms fans and have more money But i will use alot of jdm asscesories since they make your car stand out, but only to the real honda enthusiast. thats my .002
Old 04-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (civicgsr19)

I chose to have certain JDM parts on my car because it give it a different touch. Unique and different yet OEM in some ways. Alot of guys hates the idea, but again, I don't give a rats of what people say. I don't like the idea of certain over-price JDM parts, but again, you paid for you get for. Lol, guys, give it another 10-15 years from now, wait till then to see how much of this stuff is going to cost.

-Bert who rents a storage shed to store dis-continued Honda OEM accessory to pay for his retirement.

Old 04-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Down Since Day 1

Default Re: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look (civicgsr19)

i like JDM stuff better, always have. Ever since i had my 90 hatch and JDM stuff wasnt even a big deal yet, and i saw the SiR hatch wing compared to the USDM wing and even the WW RS kit wing.

I just think it looks classier, and being a true car enthusiast i can appriciate someone that puts the little details on there car cause they like it, the hard to find Ferio part, or bronze rear glass. Just seems like they arent trying to stick out of the crowd and doing it cause they like it, not rolling on 19s, black window kits and color matched vinyl.

I respect the other cars, cause people took time money and there ideas and put them down, but would i ever own one or do it? Probably not.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:17 AM

One difference that's noticeable with the eg taillights is the US has a reflector and the jdm taillights doesn't have a reflector. The jdm side mirrors have a motor that can make it close and open and the US doesn't. JDM items are over priced, but hey someone is obviously buying it cause the price has not dropped.

Quick Reply: What is JDM and what makes it different than Stock look