Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This is what I like to see... More community involvement to get the racers off the street...

Old 07-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is what I like to see... More community involvement to get the racers off the street...

http://www.jamminfm.com/ardisp...29694

This is a radio station in Portland, Or. I am glad to see some of the local businesses and local police force getting kids off the streets and onto the track...
Old 07-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is what I like to see... More community involvement to get the racers off the street... (JD

Why pay when the streets are free?

Old 07-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is what I like to see... More community involvement to get the racers off the street... (JD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why pay when the streets are free?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you pay, you get a time slip....
Old 07-01-2003, 06:14 PM
can I haz?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you pay, you get a time slip.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

when u dont, u get a radar slip
Old 07-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A noble idea but wont change anything IMO
Old 07-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thid92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when u dont, u get a radar slip</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 07-01-2003, 07:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Infinity_Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

you also dont get a *** poking if they throw you in jail
Old 07-01-2003, 07:20 PM

you will. You can street race and lose control, kill somones mother, Father, sister, brother, go to jail for manslaughter and ruin your Or go to the track.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:30 PM

I wish we had a track in southwest TX but those MFOes just shut them down once they get started, (LEGAL REASONS) so what other way is there to run our cars but on the streets, I guarantee that if they kept one open here there wouldn't be a street racing problem.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tracks own!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:34 PM

good intentions....nothing more. Of course wed like the races off the street, but realistically, 95% of the time nothing bad happens in a street race, its free, and even more then that, tracks arent close, at least in my area. I keep my bullsh*ting to a min(street race wise), but frankly, most of the "keep it at the track" advocates are hypocrites who have hoped on yet another bandwagon. You wanna fight for a cause...lead by example and say nothing.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 PM

i like what nex says.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Nextekhatch)

tracks aren't always open....there's a long *** wait...and they don't care to prep the track whatsoever....
Old 07-02-2003, 12:03 AM

utah's had something like this since last may, its called the Midnight Drags, held at Rocky Mountain Raceway. its every other friday, $10 to race from 11pm to 2am, 6pm on some nights, and $5 to watch. this year they implemented an Auto-x section to it. its seriously more fun than going out with a big group and risking a ticket, or worse.

as far as street racing goes, it can be fun at times. but you get too many people and there's always going to be that one supid person, or a group of stupid people, that thinks it will be cool to show off. i'd rather pay $10 every couple of weeks to race in a safe, controlled environment than $500 for a ticket. and you can never put a price on human life
Old 07-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why pay when the streets are free?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
they aint free when you go to jail for street racing.

trust me, its not a cheap ticket.

not to mention if you kill someone. its just not worth it.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 AM

Default Re: (Nextekhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nextekhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Of course wed like the races off the street,</TD></TR></TABLE>

You'd like races off the street? Here's an idea:

DON'T RACE ON THE STREET, IDIOT!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but realistically, 95% of the time nothing bad happens</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, if bad stuff only happens one time in twenty, I guess there's no problem at all.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and even more then that, tracks arent close, at least in my area.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then don't race. Anywhere. You don't have a God-given right to it. I'm sick of turning on the news and seeing some innocent pedestrian mauled every week by your kind.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You wanna fight for a cause...lead by example and say nothing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I hear "say nothing" is a great way to fight for a cause.

You call us hypocrites, but your claim that you'd like to get racing off the streets does not ring true.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mph6563)

Sorry that your sick of turning on the news and seeing that bro...BUT wait....I'm sick of turning on the news and seeing murders and rape victims and the homeless and the B.S war on Iraq etc, other things that the police and the "community" should be worring about and addressing.

I'm ******* SICK of people useing street racing as a "death only" event. That **** is not true!! It's a hobby and a sport some would say and as in any sport or hobbly you can get killed. Hell you could be fishing and throw the ******* line the wrong way and hit somebody in the throat in the right spot and kill them.

Just an "accident" right?????? mph6563 do us a favor and keep YOUR "kind" off here b/c we don't need it. Can we just have a ******* place where the police and people like you don't bother us???? And don't say the track either. I'm in Atlanta and I'm sick of traveling 1hr to 2hr just to get to the track. Why should I pay when it's free on the streets????

Not everybody is iresponsible with street racing. What I mean by that is that here in Atlanta. Most of us go in ABANDON warehouse areas with NO "PEDESTRIANS" around whatsoever. So it's just us and the 1/4 strip ahead. And if one of us recks its,on a curve or whatever, but it's race at your own risk, just like in apartment areas here where its swin at your own risk.

The same rule applies when racing ANYWHERE!!! I see some of the street races in Cali on tv and I don't agree b/c sometimes they say **** it and race out in the open around your "pedestrians" but like I said here we do it out of sight and out the way of innocent "pedestrains. So if we reck then it's on us b/c we knew it was RACE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Oh the people that watch the race watch from BEHIND the start line so if someone does crash it will be that person without bystanders in the way.

But please stay off this board with your crap.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:31 AM
ophdehEEzY

Somewhat I agree with taking street racing off the streets but seriously.. it's not as fun.

One thing that people "watching" like is the adrenaline rush they get from running away when the cops come. Also, they dont have to pay $5 to watch.

Racers dont have to pay $15 each to get into a track. The local street "strip" is a few blocks away for the weekly street races instead of a normal 45 min to 1 hour drive to one of the closest drag strips or they organize a private run in an industrial area where the only people involved are the racers and maybe a few friends.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (112480)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 112480 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
But please stay off this board with your crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>
when idiots like you stop killing innocent people, i will stop saying street racing is stupid, untill then **** off. i will say what i want about people like you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nextekhatck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good intentions....nothing more. Of course wed like the races off the street, but realistically, 95% of the time nothing bad happens in a street race, its free, and even more then that, tracks arent close, at least in my area. I keep my bullsh*ting to a min(street race wise), but frankly, most of the "keep it at the track" advocates are hypocrites who have hoped on yet another bandwagon. You wanna fight for a cause...lead by example and say nothing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
dont ******* tell me or anyone else what to say. im not preaching to anyone, im not forcing my ideals on anyone. i am saying, you can spend the rest of your life in jail if you street race someone who kills an innocent person. you could have NOTHING to do with it but will rot in jail just because you were racing.

you want to race ******* take it to the track. every time i see 2 of you jackasses racing i want to write down the plate numbers and report it to the police.

i dont want to watch out for idiots like you comming up behind me at 100mph to try and win a ******* dick swinging street race contest.

is ******* 15 SECONDS OF RACING worth your life?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but frankly, most of the "keep it at the track" advocates are hypocrites who have hoped on yet another bandwagon. You wanna fight for a cause...lead by example and say nothing</TD></TR></TABLE>
that pisses me off so im gonna attack it seperate, fighting for a cause means getting the word out, saying nothing is not fighting for a cause. this is a public message board, if you dont like what people say here go somewhere else.

oh and i hope you both kill yourselves before you injure an innocent person.

one more thing, dont think im some idiotic idealistic bandwagon jumping tree hugger. i have well over 500 street races under my belt and won a LOT of money doing it. i just grew up and got mature.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

Kamin when ******** like you stop craying about street races and get a life then I'll stop calling your kind ******** and idiots.

Dumb-***...you can get killed in any sport or hobby. So please tell your sob story to someone who cares!

I tell ya what you come here to Atlanta and open a track that 5 minutes away from the metro area and have the entry fee...FREE, then we'll stop street racing.

Until then I think I speak for a lot of street racers when I say KISS OUR *** AND GET A LIFE *******.

Have a nice day dumb-***
Old 07-02-2003, 02:58 AM
ophdehEEzY

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 112480 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kamin when ******** like you stop craying about street races and get a life then I'll stop calling your kind ******** and idiots.

Dumb-***...you can get killed in any sport or hobby. So please tell your sob story to someone who cares!

I tell ya what you come here to Atlanta and open a track that 5 minutes away from the metro area and have the entry fee...FREE, then we'll stop street racing.

Until then I think I speak for a lot of street racers when I say KISS OUR *** AND GET A LIFE *******.

Have a nice day dumb-*** </TD></TR></TABLE>

That'd be tight.. a FREE track 5 minutes from my pad. Maybe.. just maybe, we might stop street racing.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 112480 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dumb-***...you can get killed in any sport or hobby. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh, dude, we're not complaining about the participants getting killed. That helps to correct the problem.

Good luck getting through life with your "I deserve to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for free" attitude.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
they aint free when you go to jail for street racing.

trust me, its not a cheap ticket.

not to mention if you kill someone. its just not worth it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately not cheap-and the cops can't stand young punks with faster cars than their crown vic's
Old 07-02-2003, 03:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

very easy to say "take it to the track" of "keep it off the streets"....

but u have to realize....how many tracks are there?

in so cali, thers 2, lacr sux ***, and cali speedway is at best decent. not to mention its CROWDED as ****, u pay 15/20 bux to get what? 2-3 runs? not to mention those tracks are in the middle of now where, so most people drive atleast 1hr or more to get to the track.

in nor cali thers 2 also, sears/infineon, which is great, but its in the middle of now where, so its freakin far for most people, to get, once again a whole 2-3 runs, sac raceway SUXASS and its far, and like all other places, u get a whole 2-3 runs because its crowded as ****.

NOT to mention the crap like cops planted outside looking to pull u over as u leave the track, they are like lions ready to pounce once u leave the track's driveway! i have yet to leave a track where i HAVE NOT seen someoen pulled over only 100yrds away

obviously its ALWAYS crowded on street legal days, so people ARE TRYING to keep it off the streets, but is it worth the hassle?

btw, street racing is only dangerous when the cops come and everyone is in a panic....our when u have IDIOTS around doing donuts and crap like that
Old 07-02-2003, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mycvc8u2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

definately not cheap-and the cops can't stand young punks with faster cars than their crown vic's </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA!! your right mycvc8u2 They hate that ****. Oh mph6546 or whatever....you can think anything you want but I'm doing just fine going through life with my "attitude".

Don't cry too much bro......let the baby do some of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is what I like to see... More community involvement to get the racers off the street...