Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What The HELL???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What The HELL???

OK guys I have a weird as problem so here it goes:

Just recently I took my car to the dealer for them to do the emissions campaign.I had gotten a code 20and91.They replaced my Fuse Box and Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor free they even got me a new ECU.Well the f*cken codes are back the same **** with the exception of code 63 which is new now,after they switched ECUs.Can anyone give me some light on this I mean what should I look for ?Apparently its not the sensors since they are new,I mean what gives?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What The HELL??? (mortificationrock)

did you tell them about it?? gotta find a good reliable mechanic to look at the car to see if they actually changed anything...if they replaced the parts with new parts it shouldn't be throwing any codes...whats CEL 63? tell them to fix your car right this time..not just reset the ECU and tell them to give you a rental car to go to and from work.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What The HELL??? (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you tell them about it?? gotta find a good reliable mechanic to look at the car to see if they actually changed anything...if they replaced the parts with new parts it shouldn't be throwing any codes...whats CEL 63? tell them to fix your car right this time..not just reset the ECU and tell them to give you a rental car to go to and from work.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well I know the Fuse box and ECU are new so far cuz I checked them and they are new so im guessing the FTP is new also.Code 63 is the Secondary Oxygen Circuit Sensor Which I have no idea on fixing I mean replace it?Cuz the dealer would pretty much have to if its defective.Damm until I figure out WTF is going on im not going to do my B series swap.Could it be my engine harness?The tech did mention that when checking the ELD(diagnosing) there were 4 pins that were pinned wrong,could I have other pins wrong?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the secondary o2 sensor is the sensor on the CAT, so they should have to replace that as well (real easy to replace if they dont cover it for any weird reason). just weird that it's still throwing those codes. call them and let them know that it's still effed up. if they give you any **** just go to a different dealer and tell them the situation and have them check the ELD as well to make sure it's correct. dont sweat it dude, you'll get it under control...as long as they are paying for **** just keep bringing the car back til its fixed.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What The HELL??? (Probot)

Dude believe me it sux to drop of youe car for about a 4 days straight and have to find other means of transportation and get you car still screwed.They told me that was the last thing they would do for me.I mean does anyone have a diagram of the pins and where they go so I can check them.Im going to call American Honda on their asses again today.LoL.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP