Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me!

Aiite, I'm so pissed off right now.... I love this board and I wanted to let you all now how fucked up people are! A few months ago.... someone broke into my car, disabled my alarm, stole my radio and a few little things. They totally fucked up my dash and broke alot of ****. I fixed it up back to brand new condition. I was happy then, I even bought a new stereo which cost me $200 with installation. I'm a student at a technical school and park in the garage everyday. Today is a bad day. They ****** parking attendents left my window open and my door unlocked. Basically asking anyone around my school to come steal something. Some stupid **** went into my car and stole my stereo face! YES JUST THE FACE.... on top of that they stole like 40+ CDs that were in a CD book in the front seat. What ghetto muthafucker steals just the face and CDs? Goddamn, i'm so pissed off and I want justice here. Anyone know what I can do about this? I read a sign that said not responsible for broken antennas and valuables, but the idiots left my window open and my door unlocked..... WHAT CAN I DO??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (Panda EK)

hmmm.....i really hate to tell you this, but there's not much you can do but bitch to management or something.....other than that, welcome to the "broken-into" civic club.....sorry about what happened
Old 01-10-2003, 10:37 AM

I would recomend talking to the guys supervisor in a very calm nice tone and see what can be done about this. Don't demand anything just be nice and discuss your options as far as replacing your stolen items. If his awnser is still unfavorable, go to his boss, and if and when there is no one else to go to then contact your local media, I'm sure they could make a nice little news story about parking attendants who leave the windows down and is not responsable for lost or stolen items.

But just remember that the more of an ******* you are the less likely they are going to be willing to work with you on this.

That **** really sucks though, I have had my cds stolen from me twice... that **** never gets old.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the management. With a full list of everythign removed...CD titles and everything.

Let them know that the attendant left the window open and car unlocked.

Hell the attendant probably took it all and then blamed someone else.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not a lawyer but i can give you a DECENT angle of attack...

i would start by sayign you understand they are NOT responsible for cars broken into, and that you COMPLETELY understand the policy, BUT when you park a car somewhere there is a CERTAIN level of implied security.. why they offer no garuntees of safety you along with the rest of the population would ASSUME that there are AT LEAST normal levels of safety (locked doors, rolled up windows, etc..) and that ANYONE would agree that these most SIMPLE aspects of securing a vehicle are implied... in other words.. if someone BROKE into the car.. you would understand them NOT paying, because the attendant did everything that a NORMAL person securing a NORMAL vehicle any where would do... but since he CHOSE not to impliment these most BASIC security functions, his handling of your car was IRRESPONSIBLE and his actions DIRECTLY effected a criminals ability to access the car.... it MAY in fact fall under some type of indirect damm i cant remember the law.. but that law where if you lend someone your **** and they break it kinda law.... your BEST bet would be to sue HIM PERSONALY since his job probably covers there *** well...

maybe write him a letter as if you have already sought legal council.. say something liek because of the disclamer i cant sue your job but i can sue you.. lets settle htis out of court..
Old 01-10-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (Spade)

The fucked up **** is..... the supervisor is there everyday and I already talked to him. My friend told me to file a police report but its too late now because I'm already home and its a 30 min drive. I think it would be a great story for the news but what will I get out of that? I had money saved up to start putting new pistons in my B18 block and now I have to spend that money on a new stereo? God I hate ****** theives... I know it has to be someone from the school becuase even at the school they steal stuff. The stole Digital Volt Ohm Meters, Fenders, Clusters, ECUs... the sad **** is... the school doesnt even give a **** because they make $15,000 off a student for automechanics course. Theres over 300-400 students for just automechanics.... they also do AC/Heater repair and welding... So you can imagine how much money they make.... I wish I knew who did it... I'd cut there god damn hands off..... does anyone know if the stereo companies sell just the face? I sure as hell dont feel like spending alot of money on a new stereo...
Old 01-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had money saved up to start putting new pistons in my B18 block and now I have to spend that money on a new stereo?
ahhh c'mon man you can do without a stereo for a month....heh
at least i'd sacrifice my system for some engine work
Old 01-10-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (SpoonFedHatch)

I drive everyday and listening to my exhaust everyday over listening to music is out of the question....
Old 01-10-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (SpoonFedHatch)

Almost every stereo manufacturer will sell you a replacement face. They usually require the serial number and proof of purchase. As for getting money from the school, talk to someone in the "big" office. Principal, president, whatever they want to call themselves. And follow what oc_civic said. If that don't work, bring a hammer with you and seek out that attendant.

heheh, just kidding. He probably did take your stuff though. I worked in a few car washes in high school up and that **** happened all the time. Some people just have no respect.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would of just went off on him, and the supervisor. Don't threaten legal action, they are not going to take you seriously. No one sues over a face plate, and used CD's. Even though his negligence of leaving your window down is the reason your **** got stolen. I'd bet it was him in the first place. What kind of parking attendant leaves windows down? Especially if they have a sign that says they are not responsible for any damages. Sounds like they've had some sort of history.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:17 AM

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (asdewq)

As too the help about talking to the attendent.... I guess I have to bite my teeth pick my head up and move on.... i guess this is a lesson to be learned.... NEVER TRUST ANYONE! I guess imma have to buy a new stereo but keep the face with me at all times and protect it as if it were my life. As far as the idea about the news thing... i think it would be nice to have a story on that.... they could do some undercover **** and watch to see if the attendents steal from customers or leave windows and stuff open asking people to steal.... One day... the theives will **** with the wrong person and and get killed or arrested....
Old 01-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah some azzhole broke into my car and only had time to take the face...best thing I can say...EBAY....pioneer wanted 250 for just a new face...I got a used radio for 150 off of ebay...took the face and slapped it on...problem solved...plus I have a spare incase something mechanical goes wrong with the one in my car now
Old 01-10-2003, 11:30 AM

Honestly I think that the news company would be a great idea you know news company love investigative reporting. I suggest that big time. Oh and its never too late to file a police report, but good luck with it.

[Modified by black2kcivic, 12:30 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (black2kcivic)

I think you are kinda screwed. When you purchase parking you probably enter into an agreement that the whomever owns the lot/service is not responisble for any theft or vandalism while you are parked onthier lot utilizing their service etc. The only way you may be able to get them is if by leaving your car unlocked that they were in breach of conract or that their actions voided the contract, talk to a lawyer it may not cost much to anything for a consultation. As far as talking to the local news uh, unless you have the inside line into some sort of scam at this particular lot I think you had better not try, news directors are very busy people. youcan try it but write the story yourself, investigate, interview find others who have had the same thing happen, may be a nice special interest piece who knows?

As far as your stereo goes, Enzo Ferrari used to say that he installed the best car stereos ever: the gas pedal...

[Modified by lonefuzzy79, 8:58 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
New User

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (lonefuzzy79)

Sue them for negligence, (if thats possible where you live).
Old 01-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Call the Fox Five Problem Solvers. Once they go and questoin the owner with the cameras runnig, I garuntee that garage will change their minds quick. Those guys give bad busineses' bad press. Bad press = no business at all. Just one suggestion.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What the FUC*! Lawyers...ANYONE Help me! (tommyboy)

man WTF...grimy *** people got no life but to take a cd face & some cd's. ...maybe u gotta case since they didnt lock your doors for neglect if u can...its worth a try