Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What exhaust system..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exhaust system..

I'm basically new to this, but i have a '96 civic lx i want to add some things to it to make it more enjoyable.. i was thinking maybe intake and exhaust.... what would that require.. any help would be appreciated
Old 12-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: What exhaust system.. (klandard)

Before people go omg search noob.

that car has a soch d-series

the only way to make power with it is FI.

I/H/E is an easy way to upgrade, get some better gas mileage, and it ~could~ sound better... the small increase in hp isn't worth noticing...

imo, leave it stock... worry about suspension...

Old 12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, go easy there BPR, he asked a simple question.

To the OP, id say leave the motor stock for now, and focus on things that would make the car handle better, such as a good set of coilovers, maybe some strutbars, ect. If you want to get allot of power from the Non-vtec D-series motor, your going to have to look to forced induction.
THere are a few small things that would put a kick in your car's step so to speak. An Ex/Si tranny with a lightened flyhwheel would surely make your car feel a bit more quicker due to a lighter flywheel and shorter gears.
Intakes and exhaust's can only go so far (which isnt too much) in terms of performance on a single cam motor.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What exhaust system.. (bpr0422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before people go omg search noob.

I/H/E is an easy way to upgrade, get some better gas mileage, and it ~could~ sound better... the small increase in hp isn't worth noticing...

imo, leave it stock... worry about suspension...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im not to sure if Spun Vtec would appreciate u doin some N/A D-BaShiNg...
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1912254

OP, read that thread a little to better understand an all motor single cam... If its not crazy horsepower ur lookin for, than goin the turbo route may be a lil excessive... I started out my car with some audio/video upgrades... Put my clarion 7" touchscreen an pair of competition 12's with a JBL 1200.1 amp, that made my ride more enjoyable... Than threw some 00' SI wheels and tinted windows, that made it even more enjoyable... Than started gettin into brake upgrades, exhaust, intake, headers ect.... Now im boosted and all that good stuff so my car is more enjoyable than I ever imagined lol... It all depends on what kinda stuff ur into really... I'm into loud bass, haulin ***, and lookin the cleanest I can possibly be.. "my car not me lol, i tend to get VERY dirty" haha... Just mod ur car to ur spec's otherwise ur gonna run into situations where its either what u want or what someone else wants, and when its ur car at stake whos choice would u rather depend on..?? exactly lol...
Old 12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What exhaust system.. (JDM_SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpr0422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before people go omg search noob.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Im not to sure if Spun Vtec would appreciate u doin some N/A D-BaShiNg...
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1912254

OP, read that thread a little to better understand an all motor single cam... If its not crazy horsepower ur lookin for, than goin the turbo route may be a lil excessive... I started out my car with some audio/video upgrades... Put my clarion 7" touchscreen an pair of competition 12's with a JBL 1200.1 amp, that made my ride more enjoyable... Than threw some 00' SI wheels and tinted windows, that made it even more enjoyable... Than started gettin into brake upgrades, exhaust, intake, headers ect.... Now im boosted and all that good stuff so my car is more enjoyable than I ever imagined lol... It all depends on what kinda stuff ur into really... I'm into loud bass, haulin ***, and lookin the cleanest I can possibly be.. "my car not me lol, i tend to get VERY dirty" haha... Just mod ur car to ur spec's otherwise ur gonna run into situations where its either what u want or what someone else wants, and when its ur car at stake whos choice would u rather depend on..?? exactly lol... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What exhaust system.. (spun Vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spun Vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx dude... to u and your ITB's lol....