Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (tried search)

Old 01-05-2004, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (tried search)

I saw a topic on this a while ago, and cannot find it using search - anyone with information....

Thanks

Old 01-05-2004, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (93CivicSI)

go with es bushings. cheap and easy to install. summit has them for sell
Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (B18C2_sedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C2_sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with es bushings. cheap and easy to install. summit has them for sell</TD></TR></TABLE>

try READING the actual post next time, dufus.

to the original poster, there is a thread in the rr/autox or itr forum about this.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (SkyeC)

SkyeC - thanks

Old 01-05-2004, 10:52 AM

Before calling someone a duffus, how about actually thinking about what someone says instead of just accepting it. I have ES TA bushings, and there is nothing wrong with them.

The other guy says "Jack your car up and look how the suspension travels"

Well yeah it does move other than straight down, but when all 4 wheels are on the ground my car only had/has 1 inch (possibly a tiny bit more) rear suspension travel on the tightest of turns And the suspension does not move as he is theorizing once you have a good setup if the car is on the ground. Sure it does move in other directions if you let it travel 7+ inches
Old 01-05-2004, 11:47 AM
VX
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (wilsel)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=493789
Old 01-05-2004, 12:04 PM

The big rear trailing arm bushing is the only one i've heard of problems with.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have ES TA bushings, and there is nothing wrong with them.

Well yeah it does move other than straight down, but when all 4 wheels are on the ground my car only had/has 1 inch (possibly a tiny bit more) rear suspension travel on the tightest of turns And the suspension does not move as he is theorizing once you have a good setup if the car is on the ground. Sure it does move in other directions if you let it travel 7+ inches </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. I have replaced every bushing in the rear with poly and have no problems.

For the trailing arm, ES cost less but you need to re-use hardware. Prothane is expensive, but comes with all new hardware.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before calling someone a duffus, how about actually thinking about what someone says instead of just accepting it. I have ES TA bushings, and there is nothing wrong with them.

Well yeah it does move other than straight down, but when all 4 wheels are on the ground my car only had/has 1 inch (possibly a tiny bit more) rear suspension travel on the tightest of turns And the suspension does not move as he is theorizing once you have a good setup if the car is on the ground. Sure it does move in other directions if you let it travel 7+ inches </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you think that under hard driving all 4 tires are firmly planted on the ground, hence you would never encounter this problem? ummm... no.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Boba Connoisseur

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before calling someone a duffus, how about actually thinking about what someone says instead of just accepting it. I have ES TA bushings, and there is nothing wrong with them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I called him what I did because he did absolutely nothing to answer the poster's question. He instead told him to buy ES bushings because they were cheap. In no way did he reference trailing arm bushings, or the large bushing in the TA that there has been much discussion about more recently.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Okay, I'm not trying to make anyone buy them. Just thought it'd be good to hear a review from someone who actually has them versus someone that once thought about buying them. The only downside to them is they comprimise ride comfort. Each bump is a bit more noticeable. I can't imagine what his spherical bearings feel like. Hey, atleast he's thinking about it instead of just believing everything he reads even if he is right or wrong.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: What EG trailing arm bushing should not be 'Polyurethane' (93CivicSI)

I have heard good and bad about going totally poly - am in the market for somewhat serious suspension changes, but it is still my daily driver what are true pro and cons that you have experienced with your Poly bushings? - would you go back to stock or higher durometer 'rubber' such as Mugen (BIG $$$$$$$) or a combination of Poly and stock....etc...

Thanks for all of your replys and info "VX" thanks for the link..