Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What does the a/c Compressor pulley power??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the a/c Compressor pulley power??

I am wondering what the a/c compressor pulley powers?? Is it just for the a/c or does it power any of the following the power steering, fuel pump or radiator. I can't figure it out but my fuel pump doesn't work so I thought it was bad so I took it out and hooked it up straight to the battery and it works, so not able to figure it out i left the fuel pump hooked up to the battery with a switch, then I realized that also my radiator doesn't work and on my gauge cluster the heat doesn't change at all and when I hook it up directly to the battery it works, so why isn't my engine kicking in my fuel pump or radiator?? Is it that belt because I removed the a/c?? I am contemplating whether or not to just hook my radiator up with a switch as well, but I don't want my whole car run by random switchs. The car is a 93 honda civic ex wich i am trying to finish a jdm si motor swap on.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

um.... are you talking about the crankshaft pulley, or the single pulley on the compressor.

The single pulley doesn't power anything, it leeches power from the crank to turn the compressor.

The crankshaft pulley "powers" the alternator, power steering pump, and the a/c compressor.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What does the a/c Compressor pulley power?? (93(Civic)EG6)

I am talking about the middle pulley that runs to the pulley on the compressor. Not the alternator pulley or the other main pulley. This pulley is inbewteen the alternator pulley and main pulley.