Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What do you think?

Old 08-21-2001, 10:17 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

Seems like everyone is posting their pics up so I thought since I am a newbie around here that I would post up a few shots so you can put a car with the screen name. Here goes: (sorry some are big)

I am open to comments and criticisms or whatever. I plan on going turbo very soon to fill up that gap in the front bumper. And Yes it is a daily driver..... 2K Si with 35K on the odometer.

[Modified by Impact23, 11:18 AM 8/21/2001]
Old 08-21-2001, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think? (Impact23)

im not into the whole show thing... but im happy to see u have something under the hood AND plan to do more... looks realy clean though... this isnt directed at u... but no matter what car i see... (and i think some people should share this view) i look at it as a whole... how it was done, the craftsmanship, and how everything goes together... i dont judge on the fact if a car has a body kit or not... thats some people's tastes... nice job though so far
Old 08-21-2001, 10:41 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like your rear spoiler, it adds nice finishing lines to your car. Reminds me of Saleen Mustangs.

Like your wheels. Personally I think simple thin clean designs look best

Like the ride height. Not too low, and just a bit.

Like the fog lights. Looks OEM like where they should belong.

Like the rear light treatment.

Like front grill

Ok on the body kits. Front good, side ok. But I don't like the style of the rear.

Need tinted windows.

Overall Like the "black theme" and very well done.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, that's a SWEET car!!! What turbo kit are you planning on getting? The Greddy kit seems really good for daily driving. I'm not a big fan of the turbonetics-based kits (DRAG, FMAX, RH). Even tho their turbos don't fail that often, there's been enough cases that I know to know there's a very high possibility of it happening to me if I got one of those...I don't have the best of luck. Pit Crew in SGV makes a custom kit that comes with a Spearco FMIC and an XS/Garrett T3/T4 turbo. I like the XS turbos better as I've known less people with probs with those. I have the same Tenzo R-type strut bar. Personally, I'd take the supra-signals off and leave that vent open. that's about the only thing I'd change. What rear wing is that? It looks nice. I'm starting to like those dish type wings...been seeing them on preludes. Nice SSR's!!! *envy*

Hey Impact, do you work at Darkside? I live in Canoga and go to Darkside every so often. I wonder if I've seen you before.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:59 AM

Default Re: What do you think? (bhcvc)

I love that car!!! I asked on another topic what kind of spoiler that is. Now I have another chance, what type of rear spoiler is that? Oh, and what type of body-kit is that? It all looks great!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:21 PM
New User

I go to darkside a lot. I usually have Kenny's cards and stuff out when I show. (Owner of darkside). He is a friend who has helped me numerous times with getting stuff at cost, so he scratches my back and I scratch his. I was supposed to work on Saturdays there but it fell through cuz he needed someone who could work an occasional weekday.
As for the kit: It is a sinsei2 front bumper, black widow sideskirts, buddyclub rear, GD2000 rear spoiler. I didnt have my CF hood on for these pics but I have a Fiber Images hood too. The front lights are Flamenco Black pearl painted housings and the tails are just smoked. The front supra lights are going to be smoked soon to I think. I am just deciding whether I should get the Skyline R34 fogs that fit perfect in those vents or not. I figured since i had to work to clear out these bumper lights I would try them first. I am also going to go with a Mugen upper grille and ditch the stock SI grille.
Here is a couple more pics:

BTW, I dont show with the dash mat on and I know what you all think of the VTEC light already. I have heard all kinds of comments on that. But these pics are a little old and I have gotten the carbon fiber dash kit since these were taken which added a lot to the interior.
and no ride is complete without a Mini-Me replica(I used to have Tenzo AV7's on the ride):
Old 08-21-2001, 12:24 PM
New User

Default Re: What do you think? (maxim_force)

The spoiler looks like it comes from a Ground Design Black widow kit, along with the sides and rear. I like the whole idea of mix and matching kits, that's what I did. Nice tower bar, got the same except for mines is silver. Did you black out the bottom half of your tails or is that aftermarket? Definitely some tint and force induction and you have you self a car with plenty of show and go. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:28 PM
New User

your car's tite man! Im from the san fernando valley, so we're like 20 mins apart. I used to go to darkside but i dont anymore, i dont really like them. i gues theyre good show and airfresheners and stff, but not on the perforamnce side. theyre also waaaayyyy too expensive. the thing i like best about that store is that lil honda city they have! that thing is tite!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think? (utensil)

Yeah, that Honda City's pretty tite! I haven't found their prices to be too bad and the guys are usually pretty cool. I usually don't get stuff there cuz they always charge tax and I know of too many other shops that won't if you pay cash. I like their display of wheels tho.

Impact: I think the R34 lights would look better than the Supra ones. Try those on and post another pic. I like cars that aren't just show, just go, or just audio, but a lil of everything....yours is wicked! I hope I see you around. I'm usually around Canoga, Thousand Oaks, or Agoura. Look for a silver Civic! I'll definitely spot you if I see you...sweet ride!
Old 08-21-2001, 01:18 PM

Default Re: What do you think? (bhcvc)

NIce ride Impact. Welcome from CSI. Love the SSR competitions, smoked tails..all of it. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member