Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what do you really use your vafc/safc for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 09:26 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you really use your vafc/safc for?

well i bought a vafc for my crv..i was gonna do some crazy b20 vtec.. but.. instead
for 150 bucks.. and after i installed it..now i got a great gas saver best thing a vafc can do... well its the only good thing it does... since anything obd1 i can chip with uberdata LOL .. but ya i can get to 500 miles to a full tank..if its all freeway
Old 10-31-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: what do you really use your vafc/safc for? (ShowTymers619)

Just installed it Yesterday no info already : but once i'll have some i'll put it.

regards
Old 10-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: what do you really use your vafc/safc for? (ShowTymers619)

What motor do you have that you could get 500miles to a tank? The VAFC wont let you do that just off of a CRV motor. If you dont have VTEC then the VAFC is somewhat worthless for the time being, but it could help you preVTEC i suppose.

I use mine for tuning and RPM gauge from time to time. Take it to a dyno before you **** with it.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what do you really use your vafc/safc for? (Luserkid)

I used it to tune my itbs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShowTymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and after i installed it..now i got a great gas saver best thing a vafc can do </TD></TR></TABLE>

Please tell me how a vafc is a gas saver ?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how the hell can u get 500 miles on a full tank? do u have a 24 gallon tank? i have a 12 gallon tank on my hatch and i only get 330
Old 10-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stock93cx)

How did you use your VAFC to get better gas mileage?

Did you just turn down the fuel delivery without tuning it on a dyno? Be careful!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:02 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

Bling Bling factor
Old 10-31-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Re: (ABK)

are vafc bad in any way to your car?
Old 10-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you use your VAFC to get better gas mileage?

Did you just turn down the fuel delivery without tuning it on a dyno? Be careful! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the only thing I can think of, if so that is just stupid.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: (Sixgundone)

if u dont know how to tune it and u just mess around with the settings u can go boom. lol, thats what im thinking, he turned down the fuel settings n made him run lean? -shrugs-

oh and i use mines to tune me car..gained 12hp by tuning on a b16a2
Old 10-31-2004, 11:18 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (90blackcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What motor do you have that you could get 500miles to a tank? The VAFC wont let you do that just off of a CRV motor. If you dont have VTEC then the VAFC is somewhat worthless for the time being, but it could help you preVTEC i suppose.

I use mine for tuning and RPM gauge from time to time. Take it to a dyno before you **** with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry i dont need to take mine to the dyno.. i read fuel maps quite better then most people..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used it to tune my itbs.

Please tell me how a vafc is a gas saver ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i took fuel away..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock93cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how the hell can u get 500 miles on a full tank? do u have a 24 gallon tank? i have a 12 gallon tank on my hatch and i only get 330</TD></TR></TABLE>

i use to get 375 stock on my crv.. maybe blemished a little.. but if i can get 250 miles on half a tank.. i was just estimating

you kno its simple math

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you use your VAFC to get better gas mileage?

Did you just turn down the fuel delivery without tuning it on a dyno? Be careful! </TD></TR></TABLE>

i kno exactly what im doing LOL i do ecus all day long.. since i do uberdata for a long time now

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sixgundone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are vafc bad in any way to your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no its not.. i just came to it as a very useless thing.. basicly what im trying to say is.. its only as good as saving gas or wasting gas

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats the only thing I can think of, if so that is just stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you tell me how i am stupid if i exactly know what im doing?
to b e honest.. if you have ITBs and your using a vafc to tune it .. thats whats really stupid.. get a real fuel management..
Old 10-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8o8da9speed)

I use mine cause it looks cool. But once i get my car on the dyno, then it will look cool whileing doing something.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ShowTymers619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShowTymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
to b e honest.. if you have ITBs and your using a vafc to tune it .. thats whats really stupid.. get a real fuel management..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am using it with a wideband and a dyno, don't need real fuel management to make itb's run good. Starving your engine of fuel to save on gas , I'm not even gonna get into why its not smart.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am using it with a wideband and a dyno, don't need real fuel management to make itb's run good. Starving your engine of fuel to save on gas , I'm not even gonna get into why its not smart.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
so... your saying your spending all this money .. to add stuff on your car.. but half *** it on the fuel management? riiiiiiiiiiiiiite..go preach to someone else that doesnt know anything about fuel maps. since i been 6 years on doing honda ecu tuning.. starting with my first zdyne gold ecu on my 12 second all motor b16 crx .. and on those days 12's was actually impressive..

i guess every1 should just tune there car completely with a vafc LOL.. what joke
Old 10-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShowTymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so... your saying your spending all this money .. to add stuff on your car.. but half *** it on the fuel management? riiiiiiiiiiiiiite..go preach to someone else that doesnt know anything about fuel maps. since i been 6 years on doing honda ecu tuning.. starting with my first zdyne gold ecu on my 12 second all motor b16 crx .. and on those days 12's was actually impressive..

i guess every1 should just tune there car completely with a vafc LOL.. what joke</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess you never had to deal with itb's before, because if you had you would know you can tune them with a vafc and have your car running fine. I'm not the one making topics saying how the vafc is a great gas saver, I don't care how long or how fast you can go, starving your engine of fuel is dumb.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 AM

but if i can get 250 miles on half a tank.. i was just estimating
</TD></TR></TABLE>

if the volume of the top half of ur tank is equal to the volume below it.

but neways... if you can actually achieve 500mpg.. then props to you.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:54 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Jeterkm02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeterkm02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if the volume of the top half of ur tank is equal to the volume below it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually.. i tested this out by driving the crv to san jose.. and i was amazed on the resaults.. since i actually stop a little bast bakersfield i think.. and was exactly at 250 miles at the gas station.. and filled up a little over 6.XX gallons.. and from what my memory serves me.. i have a 12.xx gallon tank
Old 10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

I guess you never had to deal with itb's before, because if you had you would know you can tune them with a vafc and have your car running fine. I'm not the one making topics saying how the vafc is a great gas saver, I don't care how long or how fast you can go, starving your engine of fuel is dumb.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually i have delt with itbs.. its not hard to get it to completely idle like stock.. thats if you have the iavc and all vacuums hooked up.. and sometimes some need a one way purge valve..

and ive seen your so called itbs.. its the one that doesnt idle correctly rite? in a ef chassis .... the reason your car is running like that is because you dont have a tps enrichment setting to mess with and also a map scaler.. and the lets say .. 7th itb set ups ive delt with always gets fixed at tps enrichment settings.. with the small idle problems..im not saying its impossible to tune with a vafc.. im just basicly saying. .they are as good as just wasting gas.. and saving gas.. so i guess -2 on a vafc is really starving my engine.. should i give you the actual fuel cell numbers per rpm on that?
Old 10-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not saying its impossible to tune with a vafc</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok so we agree on that

and saving gas.. so i guess -2 on a vafc is really starving my engine.. should i give you the actual fuel cell numbers per rpm on that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you would of stated something like this before then I wouldn't argued with you, you just made it seem like you were really starving the engine of fuel. And the idle was fixed with the itb's it was actually the iacv and the fiacv need to be revamped.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:16 PM
* B A N N E D *

Ok so we agree on that

If you would of stated something like this before then I wouldn't argued with you, you just made it seem like you were really starving the engine of fuel. And the idle was fixed with the itb's it was actually the iacv and the fiacv need to be revamped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

honestly.. people make it seem hard to believe that im saying so much gas with the vafc.. people should actually try it out..and i reach around almost 400 miles on street/freeway.... remeber.. this is my daily driver..
maybe i should have included that i have a hks and k&n filter with a b&m fpr..
and the main reason why crvs lose gas milage is because of there tire pressure.. factory setting at 26 psi.. i uped mine to 30.. sinc ei have some yok avid turing to keep them quiet and.. eibach pro kit springs with koni yellows LOL.. and i only use full synthetic.. i can prove it.. its in all of my cars trunk.. well the next oil change stuf f anyways LOL.. i only use the best.. i also notice that seafoam helped alot in the process.. along with every other oil change i use fuel system cleaner..all of my stuff are uptodate on my crv.. its why i stopped from putting a b16 head on it LOL .. ok end of story
Old 10-31-2004, 12:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShowTymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry i dont need to take mine to the dyno.. i read fuel maps quite better then most people..

i took fuel away..

i use to get 375 stock on my crv.. maybe blemished a little.. but if i can get 250 miles on half a tank.. i was just estimating

you kno its simple math

i kno exactly what im doing LOL i do ecus all day long.. since i do uberdata for a long time now

no its not.. i just came to it as a very useless thing.. basicly what im trying to say is.. its only as good as saving gas or wasting gas

to b e honest.. if you have ITBs and your using a vafc to tune it .. thats whats really stupid.. get a real fuel management..</TD></TR></TABLE>

for backing up your **** and for the other lad

Old 10-31-2004, 12:27 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (SantaCruz92Si)

]

we didnt need that LOL

i jsut wanted to express my opinion about vafc/safc.. and how usefull they are to me.. not to every1 else..wasnt ment to offend any1

Modified by ShowTymers619 at 1:45 PM 10/31/2004
Old 10-31-2004, 12:30 PM

sorry and i agree it wasnt needed

still was some ownage
Old 10-31-2004, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SantaCruz92Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> sorry and i agree it wasnt needed

still was some ownage</TD></TR></TABLE>

delete the post it wasnt nessasary, but back to the original poster, i've used a v-afc2 to tune a civic TO A DEGREE of course it isnt the bes tthing out there but for what most people need it for, i guess more power to them
Old 10-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SantaCruz92Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> sorry and i agree it wasnt needed

still was some ownage</TD></TR></TABLE>

So when someone replies to another persons question there getting owned, go ***** another post with your garbage ?

Quick Reply: what do you really use your vafc/safc for?