Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What do they call this kind of front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do they call this kind of front lip?

What do they call this style of front lip, I can't find a name and I want to buy one. I'm pretty sure this one is home made. Can anybody point me in the direction of one of these for an EG. Thanks.

Will take pics down at owners request.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do they call this kind of front lip?

Im not really farmiliar with Eg's, but I know the bottem is a homemade diffuser. Ive seen universal jobs online for 75-100 bucks, plastic, polyurethane, cf, ect. Hope it helps some.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cincitycustoms
Im not really farmiliar with Eg's, but I know the bottem is a homemade diffuser. Ive seen universal jobs online for 75-100 bucks, plastic, polyurethane, cf, ect. Hope it helps some.
thats an EF.....
anyways its a front spolier/diffuser used to create downforce in auto x or circuit racing. there are some places that make them (none i know off the top of my head), but most people do make their own by copying designs seen of other circuit cars. unless you plan on tracking your car its pretty worthless and only for looks. also looks like it would be a pain to drive with daily. hitting curbs and all that jazz
Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seeing as how you don't even know what it is.. i'm pretty sure your car doesn't need it.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dangthemang
seeing as how you don't even know what it is.. i'm pretty sure your car doesn't need it.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know what they do and what it is i just didn't know what they called them so I was having a hard time finding them. I am setting up my car for auto x right now.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have another car for my DD, I don't even drive my EG. Mainly because of the winter season starting and the fact that its more of a track car then something you would want to drive around every day.

yeah i knew it was a CRX, it was the only pic I could find in a hurry of that style of lip.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they call that rice.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

Originally Posted by Del Namco Solo
they call that rice.
its not rice if its used correctly
Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by acake em1
its not rice if its used correctly
its rice if his engine isn't fully upgraded or at least decently upgraded. performance before looks.....
Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

if hes racing then its not about looks, i didnt realize you needed to have a fully modded motor to put on aero parts, probably cause u dont

to each their own, if he wants to do it let him do it, and if he as a valid reason its pointless to post a stupid comment
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stupid? how about all these riced out ****s making their car look great and yet its still slow as *****. people with your train of thought is what makes other people into other cars go "look at that ricer go in his honda". There is NO NEED for a front lip for "aerodynamics", especially if the car still has a stock motor. EVEN THEN the front lip isn't needed, not even for racing. Air splitters on the front bumper don't do dick for honda's.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

stupid? how about all these riced out ****s making their car look great and yet its still slow as *****. people with your train of thought is what makes other people into other cars go "look at that ricer go in his honda". There is NO NEED for a front lip for "aerodynamics", especially if the car still has a stock motor. EVEN THEN the front lip isn't needed, not even for racing. Air splitters on the front bumper don't do dick for honda's.
first off my car is not rice nor am i a ricer.

get your facts straight there big guy... the diffuser/splitter creates downforce... this is helpful for any track car. if he wants to track his car and wants better aero/handling then more power to him

and how do u know he has a stock motor did he tell you that, cause i didnt read it anywhere
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, because you need more down force..... lol

ricers.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

yeah, because you need more down force..... lol

ricers.
so your telling me its just coincidence that you see track fwd cars with splitters all the time then right.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by acake em1
so your telling me its just coincidence that you see track fwd cars with splitters all the time then right.
your excuses are cute..........
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

how is that an excuse
Old 11-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that one looks homemade, notice on the front, it has openings like the plastic cardboard crap, etc. When you are doing road course, or something similiar, at higher speeds, it will keep the frontend planted. They're cool for track use, and I thought about maybe doing so in the future, but for now, I will upgrade first, THEN do the aero portion.

And Del Taco Han Solo, ease up, quit being an arrogant *****. He was asking what type of lip it was. Point made. Moving on......

93eg, he did mention that he would take the pics down at owner's request, so I am sure he knows it's not an eg. Not being a dick :hug:
Old 11-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER
thats an EF.....
anyways its a front spolier/diffuser used to create downforce in auto x or circuit racing. there are some places that make them (none i know off the top of my head), but most people do make their own by copying designs seen of other circuit cars. unless you plan on tracking your car its pretty worthless and only for looks. also looks like it would be a pain to drive with daily. hitting curbs and all that jazz

if your driving and hitting the curb i suggest you to not be driving...
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow ur so ignorant
ur the ricer

its not rice to make a car look clean and restore the engine
many em1 still have b16's which are pretty damn slow, but they keep it clean and add some mugen wheels or a mugen spoiler, some ctr seats. that must make them rice right

rice is not about how fats a car is, its about a style
jdm style cars are not fast their all motor clean cars which resemble oe cars with quality parts

yeha a big *** body kit is rice even if the car has 500hp its still rice
Old 11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

epic.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i love how this has turned into a conversation about ricers!
being rice is an ATTITUDE. you can do whatever you want to your car, but a ricer thinks his/her car is the **** and drives around like a moron and tries to race every car they see on the street. Some people like the look with stuff like lips and wings, does it really matter? can't just go around calling people ricers jeez.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you retarded? when a TRUE enthusiast buys a front lip it is not for style but for function. a front lip creates downforce which gives the front end more grip thus giving greater steering feel. who cares if the motor is stock? in fact he could have a stock h22 or k20 for all you know. if his suspension is set up properly and he has a lip he can hit curves better than you would be able to with your "no lip" attitude because its "rice". get a life. stop bashing on what people like. if the guy wants to put that lip on then so be it.

back to the OP: that lip is universal. you can find it online just make sure your bumper dimensions match what is listed. it is also relatively easy to make one but like the others have said, there may be clearance issues. but if you are tracking you wouldnt be worried about the look of the lip
Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Reject Papi

here, read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_aerodynamics then you can actually talk **** about something and KNOW what your talking about, because obviously as of right now, you don't. so, STFU and GTFO of this dudes thread unless you have something decent or knowledgeable to say.

Quick Reply: What do they call this kind of front lip?