Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next?

If your going to flame then dont even bother posting, I could care less what you have to say. If you have an opinion on some thing to change and can say it in a nice way then I'm all ears ans also please take in mind that this has been threw all the stages lol

I'm looking to change or add some things, Just don't know what.......... If this was you what would you do?

Edit: I know my over flow hose is brown, lol this happened when the head gasket went and just haven't got to changing it yet Thus the reason why I have clear hoses and vacum lines.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What to do next? (wicked_b16eg)

Clean up the engine bay. That's what i would do.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just clean up the bay a little. some simple green and a toothbrush goes a long way. you could do a headlight harness tuck to clean things up a bit. besides that, looks good.
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, i would fix that brown hose, and clean up the engine bay. Then get a spark plug cover. Then after that you could get new cam gears. What internal mods do you have?
Honda-Tech Member

boost!!
new motor mounts
new over flow hose
710 cap
just my .02
Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM

whurd. Your engine bay has dust dirt and coolant all over it. Break out the rags and get to scrubbing.

If you already have replacement hoses then get cracking and replace them. Once all that stuff is done you should worry about what to add.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What to do next? (kaiba)

yeah i say clean up the engine bay.. and soem cosmetic stuf FTW. the motor looks good tho.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Default Re: What to do next? (luvmihatch)

clean up that bay definately, maybe a shiny turbo?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to do next? (hmt_eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hmt_eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boost!!
</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MilanoCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe a shiny turbo? </TD></TR></TABLE>
WERD!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 PM

Default Re: What to do next? (EKstacy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKstacy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honestly, i would fix that brown hose, and clean up the engine bay. Then get a spark plug cover. Then after that you could get new cam gears. What internal mods do you have?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am going to fix the hose lol.. I always use clear hoses, It is the simplest way to diagnose engine trouble before it happens. Kinda like checking your plugs, You would be suprised to know what goes on some times lol.

This seems to be the biggest reply, When I get every thing taken car of I am going to clean the entire engine bay along with the engine

I have new cam geas but with different head and block plus my head being milled my timing isnt totally correct. Some of you know some might not but sometime you end up a tooth or two off. This what happened to me, I used some ajustable cam gears but when I installed them I had this like looping idle when cold and ontop of this it would take a couple cranks to start. Didnt have this problem with the oem gears so I just put them back on... Actually just got done with it.

b16a block with P30 pistons, GSR head with skunk2 valve train skunk2 IM and throtle body AEM V2 AEM Ajt cam gears CTR oem crank pulley 10mm MSD wires gator back timing belt CTR trans with LSD excedy S2 clutch kit with 9bl flywheel SS brake and clutch lines apexi WS exhaust with test pipe.
Edit: B&M ST with poly bushing lol
The header is from a local shop that make there own for tune and fit. 4-1 2.5 colector

I used to have crowler cams but when I sold the car a while back the owner took them out and sold them ( retard) and installed some GSR's

Sorry for the long post lol
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am going to fix the hose lol.. I always use clear hoses, It is the simplest way to diagnose engine trouble before it happens. Kinda like checking your plugs, You would be suprised to know what goes on some times lol.

This seems to be the biggest reply, When I get every thing taken car of I am going to clean the entire engine bay along with the engine

I have new cam geas but with different head and block plus my head being milled my timing isnt totally correct. Some of you know some might not but sometime you end up a tooth or two off. This what happened to me, I used some ajustable cam gears but when I installed them I had this like looping idle when cold and ontop of this it would take a couple cranks to start. Didnt have this problem with the oem gears so I just put them back on... Actually just got done with it.

b16a block with P30 pistons, GSR head with skunk2 valve train skunk2 IM and throtle body AEM V2 AEM Ajt cam gears CTR oem crank pulley 10mm MSD wires gator back timing belt CTR trans with LSD excedy S2 clutch kit with 9bl flywheel SS brake and clutch lines apexi WS exhaust with test pipe.
Edit: B&M ST with poly bushing lol
The header is from a local shop that make there own for tune and fit. 4-1 2.5 colector

I used to have crowler cams but when I sold the car a while back the owner took them out and sold them ( retard) and installed some GSR's

Sorry for the long post lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well the engine sounds nice, id leave it alone unless you want to boost, but otherwise, it looks good
Old 01-07-2008, 09:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKstacy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well the engine sounds nice, id leave it alone unless you want to boost, but otherwise, it looks good </TD></TR></TABLE>

some how this reply seem a little sarcastic?? If I'm wrong I'm sorry just did.

When I come on here and look at others cars, engines, and engine bays I some times feel like crummy. " like why can't mine look like that " Alot of people around here like and respect my car for it history, mods and times but then there are those others the " turbo guys" or "jdm guys" that act like there **** is so much better. I just want to do some thing new lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol, no, i wasnt being sarcastic. I was saying your engine sounded pretty good. I wouldnt modify it anymore. If the money and time is there you could boost it, but im not particularly a boost guy. Also, your car is a lot nicer than mine under the hood so for that. But my answer to yoour original post is....Clean engine bay, and just do mods to make it look better in there.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 PM

lol thanks

This was last summer, Since then I changed the wheels to 15in rotas and put the JDM yellow fog kit in lol.

It's funny that you all say something about the boost thing.. I saw the paer where I said " she's been threw the phases"?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, now that i see the whole picture, id just drive it. That is SEXY! Nice car.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 PM

thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

brandon, you got my number so call me if you want me to clean your bay! im good as **** at doing it...........but i would do more wire tuck, pass word jdm cf intake, itr 4-1 header, msd external coil and cap, re ground all the wires, and replace all the bolts/nuts with new ones
Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Re: (slammedz6ef)

aww gee thanks troy lol... My own little honda tech right in my back yard lmao
Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How much weight did you save by having removed the timing belt cover? Seriously though, it's a really good idea to have your timing covers on there, plus they look really good when they're clean (in my opinion). Other than that, scrub it down with Simple Green, soak all rubber and plastic with Mother's, and then soak the engine bay with WD-40 and rinse.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Default Re: (Hardedge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hardedge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much weight did you save by having removed the timing belt cover? Seriously though, it's a really good idea to have your timing covers on there, plus they look really good when they're clean (in my opinion). Other than that, scrub it down with Simple Green, soak all rubber and plastic with Mother's, and then soak the engine bay with WD-40 and rinse. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That timing cover remark was alittle far. This was so that I could get to the timing gears with ease... might be safer but I take extra car when working around my enigne. Im not a douche like some people are lol...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 PM

nice engine bro ima get the same engine in my accord!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Re: (salturbo)

your going to put a B in to a H car??? this I got to see
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wicked_b16eg)

hahaha
Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problem!

i got mine so clean you can eat off of it!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wicked_b16eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That timing cover remark was alittle far. This was so that I could get to the timing gears with ease... might be safer but I take extra car when working around my enigne. Im not a douche like some people are lol...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend had a rag that got sucked in by the cam gears, it jumped three teeth and died out. luckily nothing happened

Quick Reply: What to do next?