Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what to do about my spring rates for ground controls???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do about my spring rates for ground controls???

I posted this in the tech forum but i didn't get any responses. Here is the situation. Right now i am riding on H&R sport springs and stock shocks. the shocks are gone and i have agx's sitting in the garage that i need to put in. I figure i will also get the ground controls that i want so i can kill two birds with one stone. The thing is I plan on doing an H22 swap in the next couple of months and i know i can get custom spring rates up front that will compensate for some of the additional weight of the prelude motor. Since i need to put the agx's on in the next week or two can i go ahead now and get the spring rates set up for the H22? And if so what spring rates should I get? Will getting stiffers springs in the front and not haveing the prelude motor in affect my handling? Like say for some reason i decide not to do the swap, am i screwed? Also what spring rates should i get for the rear? Do I have to get stiffer ones for the H22 or just the same i would normally get? To make a long story short can i get my ground controls set up for the h22 now or do i need to wait for the swap? And if so what spring rates should i get. Thanks for all your help guys.