Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

what different between long block and short block and which the best to turbo and nos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what different between long block and short block and which the best to turbo and nos?

hii

i have a b16 block and i want stroke it

but i dont know what the best between the short block or long block for a turbo and maybe in future nos??
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

short block is block, crank, pistons and rods

longblock is from valve cover to oil pan with NOT manifolds.

often though you end up with other thigns still attached....
Old 09-19-2006, 09:21 AM

Default Re: what different between long block and short block and which the best to turbo and nos? (q8delsol

Man you never should have asked a question of that nature on this board. You are about to be flocked by people laughing at you. I would try and edit it.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: what different between long block and short block and which the best to turbo and nos? (q8delsol

oh now i see.
i dont know i think it big thing it just about block
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Theres no difference between a short and long block. In the end its the same motor (depending on whcih you choose)

Example: Your looking at a GSR long block and a GSR short block. In the end the bottom end is the same. Only difference is that the short block doesnt come with a head while the long block does.

For boost and nitrious together your going to want to do a full build. No stock motor will last long with those 2 together. Look into building with sleeves, pistons, rods and a very nice head work, and make it something that could handle 900whp easy or else that nitrious could very much shoot a rod through the block with boost attached to its hip.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by q8delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh now i see.
i dont know i think it big thing it just about block </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, he is here to learn, and I am sure that it will come with time, especially with reply's like this..
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Theres no difference between a short and long block. In the end its the same motor (depending on whcih you choose)

Example: Your looking at a GSR long block and a GSR short block. In the end the bottom end is the same. Only difference is that the short block doesnt come with a head while the long block does.

For boost and nitrious together your going to want to do a full build. No stock motor will last long with those 2 together. Look into building with sleeves, pistons, rods and a very nice head work, and make it something that could handle 900whp easy or else that nitrious could very much shoot a rod through the block with boost attached to its hip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good information. You never steer anyone wrong. Now I need you to take a look at my 40 psi oil pressure post.

-Shane
Old 09-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by q8delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hii

i have a b16 block and i want stroke it

but i dont know what the best between the short block or long block for a turbo and maybe in future nos??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you plan on boosting i suggest building the b16 for boost versus strokin' it
Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 AM

ok thanks and im still learning
i just want ask how many boost can put in b16 block
i want a 35 psi turbo should i buy a b18 or do it in my b16 and stroke it?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 AM

remember when your talking about B18 there are two different "kinda", GSR (B18C1) or Type-R, Type-R (B18C5) has a higher compression then a GSR therefore, not suitable for boost, but obviously there has been a few members out there who have boosted Type-R's (i'm soon going to be doing the same). So if you want a B18, I'm guessing your talking about the GSR...usually what ppl boost when it comes to B18's.

Just remember, anything is possible, there are still ppl out there that say to never boost a Type-R but if you have the money and know what your doing, then who's to stop you.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:45 AM

wow great talking im in the train now
have money but still learning