Old 05-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech

what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech
Old 05-13-2006, 12:36 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (tico)

It depends on which versions of VTEC and i-VTEC you are talking about. There are no less than 3 different versions of VTEC, and 4 completely different versions of i-VTEC.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (tico)

im not a big fan of the i Vtec motors. Vtec isnt as loud.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
be professional

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (siguy4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siguy4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not a big fan of the i Vtec motors. Vtec isnt as loud. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, since we all know that sound is an oh-so-important factor of engine performance.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, since we all know that sound is an oh-so-important factor of engine performance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah, since we all know that sound is an oh-so-important factor of engine performance. </TD></TR></TABLE> who said anything about performance? i love the sound when VTEC kicks in and wouldnt give it up for the world.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (rigles1)

I agree Im just a b-series fan
Old 05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
be professional

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (KINGSOL18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KINGSOL18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> who said anything about performance? i love the sound when VTEC kicks in and wouldnt give it up for the world.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You're definitely a ****** then.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're definitely a ****** then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, but yea you are
Old 05-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech

so getting back to the OP and actually trying NOT to make this thread filled with a bunch of stupid *** posts...

1 obvious difference is the sound. and something like i-vtec has a good powerband throughout all rpm's whereas vtec has a certain point where a lobe on the cam opens up allowing more air intake/fuel combustion which = more power
Old 05-13-2006, 01:15 PM

Out of every

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (Soccerking3000)

ones smarter than the other

vtec = stupid
i vtec = smarter because the i stands for intelligent
Old 05-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Out of every

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (e gee two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tico &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech</TD></TR></TABLE>

wait hes talking about the phones... duhh.. okay one has more reception then the other
Old 05-13-2006, 01:20 PM
be professional

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait hes talking about the phones... duhh.. okay one has more reception then the other </TD></TR></TABLE>
How did I know that was coming

It's old. Seriously. It was funny several years ago; now it's just annoying. Give it up.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:22 PM

Out of every

How did I know that was coming

It's old. Seriously. It was funny several years ago; now it's just annoying. Give it up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it will never be old if it keeps on getting brought up. sorry mr serious
Old 05-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow
Old 05-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're definitely a ****** then.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (fwdtamiya)

So sorry....I seemed to have angered the poster below with my simplified version that had some mistakes in it. See my post further down for more info on the difference.

Modified by civic_fan at 3:48 PM 5/13/2006

Modified by civic_fan at 3:49 PM 5/13/2006
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
be professional

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (civic_fan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To simplify without going into the different types of VTEC and i-VTEC, the main difference is that VTEC only modifes the duration and lift of the exhaust cam. With i-VTEC, the duration and lift on the exhaust cam is still present, but it is also present on the intake cam. As well, the computer is "smarter" as to when to engage the VTEC on both cams.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's very inaccurate. Or rather, straight up wrong.

&lt;sigh&gt; Give me a half hour or so and I will write up a quick run-through of all the different forms of both VTEC and i-VTEC to clear this up.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will never be old if it keeps on getting brought up. sorry mr serious</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, it is getting old. All that needs to be done is to answer the guys question. You don't have to make some smart *** comment just because some one doesn't know any better. Grow up.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:43 PM

sorry....I made a mistake in how i wrote my original post up, however, I was merely attempting to point out the main differences between the two (ie. that VTEC deals with the exhaust cam and i-VTEC deals with both cams). To go into great detail on how each type works as well as going into technical explanations will be fruitless as the original postermost likely does not know how either work. Nonetheless, I'm not about to get into a knowledge pissing match with you. I concede....you are smarter than I.

Reference:

go to this link for info on the different types

i-VTEC

i-VTEC introduced continuously variable camshaft phasing on the intake cam of DOHC VTEC engines. Valve lift and duration are still limited to distinct low and high rpm profiles, but the intake camshaft is now capable of advancing between 25 and 50 degrees (depending upon engine configuration) during operation. Phase changes are implemented by a computer controlled, oil driven adjustable cam gear. Phasing is determined by a combination of engine load and rpm, ranging from fully retarded at idle to maximum advance at full throttle and low rpms. The effect is further optimization of torque output, especially at low and midrange RPMs.

Edited for spelling

Modified by civic_fan at 4:10 PM 5/13/2006
Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 PM

Out of every

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, it is getting old. All that needs to be done is to answer the guys question. You don't have to make some smart *** comment just because some one doesn't know any better. Grow up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh fucken spare me the lecture bro.. you mean to tell me you have never made a smart *** post on your whole time on h-t? yeah dude whatever. i said it with humor. sorry your *** is getting old, but dont blame me. also, its called tough love and everyone does it on ht and by joking about it he will never get the 2 mixed up. way to kill humor
Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh fucken spare me the lecture bro.. you mean to tell me you have never made a smart *** post on your whole time on h-t? yeah dude whatever. i said it with humor. sorry your *** is getting old, but dont blame me. also, its called tough love and everyone does it on ht and by joking about it he will never get the 2 mixed up. way to kill humor </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA! I love your sarcasm. gave me a good laugh
Old 05-13-2006, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (JDM B16A)

stfu with all this e-drama. just answer the OP's question and don' leave any useless posts that help it in no way...
Old 05-14-2006, 06:19 AM

i cant believe there was only one phone joke in there
Old 05-14-2006, 08:46 AM

Default Re: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech (civic_fan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_fan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry....I made a mistake in how i wrote my original post up, however, I was merely attempting to point out the main differences between the two (ie. that VTEC deals with the exhaust cam and i-VTEC deals with both cams). To go into great detail on how each type works as well as going into technical explanations will be fruitless as the original postermost likely does not know how either work. Nonetheless, I'm not about to get into a knowledge pissing match with you. I concede....you are smarter than I.

Reference:

go to this link for info on the different types

i-VTEC

i-VTEC introduced continuously variable camshaft phasing on the intake cam of DOHC VTEC engines. Valve lift and duration are still limited to distinct low and high rpm profiles, but the intake camshaft is now capable of advancing between 25 and 50 degrees (depending upon engine configuration) during operation. Phase changes are implemented by a computer controlled, oil driven adjustable cam gear. Phasing is determined by a combination of engine load and rpm, ranging from fully retarded at idle to maximum advance at full throttle and low rpms. The effect is further optimization of torque output, especially at low and midrange RPMs.

Edited for spelling

Modified by civic_fan at 4:10 PM 5/13/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
VTEC 2- only on intake cam
VTEC 1- both cams

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what is the difference between v-tech and i v-tech