Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS*

So me and my little bro were planning on heading to the high school drags today because a friend convinced us to. Before we went i decided to go and practice my launch and only did 1 launch because there were people around at the park. So after that i needed to go gas up and when i finished gasing up my car wouldnt start. It was raining really hard so i couldnt really get a good look at the motor, so i just called a tow truck and called it a day.

heres some shots my little bro took when i finally was able to get home.

I'm HOME!!!! what a relief...

Moral of the story is check all wires and make sure they're plugged. Because when i was finally able to check when i got home. I found that i knocked one of my wires for my starter off due to the launch
I was also frustrated so i wasn't really thinking. It took me all of 5 minutes when i got home to get my car started up again. What a waste of $100 to get my car towed.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (HyBriDcxR)

my car is so low, it can't even fit on a flatbed

i have to take off my front bumper and get one made for lower cars they have the 1/2 bed that moves, good ****

My AAA doesn't do lowered cars they are so wack

I hate getting my **** towed

my wiring harness took at **** on me on a steep *** hill at 5 am on sunday

took 4 hours for a tow truck that could fit my car to get there (3 stoped to try to fit it) After that i highered the car a bit , Hella Gay

Shitty man
Old 05-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well at least it wasnt something bad, glad it worked out, but get AAA and it will help you lol
Old 05-07-2004, 08:01 PM

you gotta love the tow pics... totally worth the $100. I have some pics of my car on a flatbed, they're my fav.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (MASTRCHANN)

What exactly are "highschool drags"? And why are you launching in the rain, your lucky you didnt lose control and go into a poll.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exactly are "highschool drags"? And why are you launching in the rain, your lucky you didnt lose control and go into a poll. </TD></TR></TABLE>
It wasn't raining earlier in the afternoon when i did it. It started about half an hour after.

"High school drag" is an event at Seattle International Raceway every year. $25 and can run as many times against other high school kid for fun.

I go to University of Washington but my little brother is in high school. I went to pick him up and they told me to go.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the reason i would rather leave my car dead in a lot then tow, until i know for sure its a dead car
Old 05-07-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (jameskersten1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jameskersten1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the reason i would rather leave my car dead in a lot then tow, until i know for sure its a dead car</TD></TR></TABLE>
I would never leave my car alone in a lot. Especially if i know it's not running.
Just like if my car is being worked on somewhere like honda. I sit there with my car and wait. Even if it took 6 hours (which i have sat at honda doing that back then). I might be paranoid but i don't care. There's been too many attempt to steal my car before.

Shoot when i got home and was working on it some russian drove by in their SUV and kept on circling my neighborhood and looking at my car.
If you're reading this you better watch out. I'm not playing around when it comes to my car.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (jameskersten1)

Did they even end up having drags today because it was so rainy. It did clear up a little bit later on in the day so im guessing they might have.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyBriDcxR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would never leave my car alone in a lot. Especially if i know it's not running.
Just like if my car is being worked on somewhere like honda. I sit there with my car and wait. Even if it took 6 hours (which i have sat at honda doing that back then). I might be paranoid but i don't care. There's been too many attempt to steal my car before.

Shoot when i got home and was working on it some russian drove by in their SUV and kept on circling my neighborhood and looking at my car.
If you're reading this you better watch out. I'm not playing around when it comes to my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

understood, maybe i am just too relaxed. i work for honda so i work on my own car but i understand where your coming from.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:31 PM

Just curious, in the picture is that you or your little brother, and what is he eating?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (aw1234dude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aw1234dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did they even end up having drags today because it was so rainy. It did clear up a little bit later on in the day so im guessing they might have. </TD></TR></TABLE>
My friend said they did. It was clear for a few hours. Or kind of clear.
I know they were drying the track at around 2 o'clock.

Once i was home and fixed my car. I just decided it was a better idea to just stay home and not head back out. It might of just been a sign to not go to the drag.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (mario82686)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mario82686 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious, in the picture is that you or your little brother, and what is he eating?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That would be me.
I was grabbing some money to pay for my tow.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:41 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HyBriDcxR)

The obvious question: Whats under the hood?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Re: (dohcVTEChatch)

Click on the link in my sig for engine shots and more pics of my car.

preview
Old 05-07-2004, 09:33 PM
z6
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks man...better luck next time
Old 05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-07-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: (z6)

haha. Wait that aint funny. Live and learn...Ive had the same kind of thing happen to me in my 15 plus years with Hondas and generally it isn't much more than a bad starter cable, fuse or electronic module.

To bad you didn't get to run that thing...looks really good.

We actually have h.s. drags here as well but because were such a small town they run them on the same day as the regular drags.

Modified by RangerDan at 1:22 AM 5/8/2004
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (Luserkid)

hahaha
Old 05-07-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have to take off my front bumper and get one made for lower cars they have the 1/2 bed that moves, good ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh? "get one made for lower cars" .... get what made for lower cars???

whats a half bed that moves look like?

I was thinking of getting AAA but someone in this thread said they dotnt do lowered cars... ****!!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:26 PM
New User

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (MikeHock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeHock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

huh? "get one made for lower cars" .... get what made for lower cars???

whats a half bed that moves look like?

I was thinking of getting AAA but someone in this thread said they dotnt do lowered cars... ****!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

my triple AAA does lowered cars,..but everytime they tow my car or a friends car that is lowered,..they make me sign a waiver saying they are not responsible for damage done to the car when trying to get it on the flatbed
Old 05-07-2004, 11:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyBriDcxR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's been too many attempt to steal my car before. Shoot when i got home and was working on it some russian drove by in their SUV and kept on circling my neighborhood and looking at my car. If you're reading this you better watch out. I'm not playing around when it comes to my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

then why the hell do you post pictures of your car and yourself, and give out your location? you don't seem that paranoid to me

Old 05-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS* (jwn7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jwn7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

then why the hell do you post pictures of your car and yourself, and give out your location? you don't seem that paranoid to me

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was kinda of thinking the same thing.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HyBriDcxR)

you gave out alot of information for a thief use. Seattle International Raceway every year. I go to University of Washington. Not only showing a pic of the car but what you have under the hood. Just be more careful about the pictures you post and the locations you give. I hate to say it but, I am sure there are thieves searching these boards just to find out what they want to steal next. I have had 4-5 buddies car get stolen. If a thief wants it bad enough he is gonna get it at all cost. Just something for you to ponder!
Old 05-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (R33CIVIC)

what i'm wondering is why you didn't just push start the car, coulda saved a buck on the tow.

Quick Reply: What a day for me and the hatch... *PICS*