Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What is this 92 Hatch Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this 92 Hatch Worth?

A kid at school has a 1992 civic hatch. IT has a GSR motor and Trans. Also has a 00 front end conversion(needs fenders), integra LS interior and wheels, but needs some body work. He is asking 4800....do you think this is a good deal? Also how do i tell if it is actually a GSR motor being im a newb? Are there any common problem spots i should look for before buying? He also claims the engine has about 45000 miles on it...is there anyway to tell?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (JDMTURTLE)

The best thing to do in your situation is to get with a friend that knows about cars to check out.

If you really want H-T's input then you will have to get some detailed pics of what it's got and what it looks like.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:01 AM

there is no way to tell the ammount of miles, i personally wouldnt give him 4800 for a hatch with a gsr, u can find those all over the place and it needs fenders and bodywork, i think you'll just get a headache out of it, and to tell what motor it is, on the pass side front of the motor there is a stamp it should say b18c1 on it..
Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Read, Read carefully what people are telling you. This seems to be a big point in your life. If you go about this wrong you will be f'kd. Anways, first of all I would never buy a EG hatch with 99-00 front end. There are going to be major problems there. Second of all the motor probably doesnt have 48K on it, and it probably isnt legit. This car does not sound clean. It sounds as if its a nightmare. It also needs bodywork which is very expensive. If this your first car and you want to get into Honda's trying buying something that is slightly modified for that amount of money. Check the market place for some good deals.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the trouble to make the 99-00 front end work alone probably isnt worth the trouble
Old 01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (john666)

Exactly what Im saying...
Old 01-30-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (4thgenx42)

motor is and the swap/conversion w/e are worth like ? 2500????
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (platinumx6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">motor is and the swap/conversion w/e are worth like ? 2500????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrm, that's about the max I'd pay for the whole car.

2500, maybe 3.

The GSR motor does add some equity to it, but it still sounds like a crap job, front end conversion, integ interior, iono, 4800 is insane, especially for a 92.

I wouldn't pay more than 3 for it.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.kbb.com
Old 01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (EL Vap133)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.kbb.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

That means....

Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't buy it at all, but for your title question, if i had to pay, i wouldn't pay more than half of what he's offering.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (Orangedragone)

yeah it sounds like an ugly nightmare
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM

sounds like he is trying to sell his problem to you
Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

dont do it ... especially if your a newb !

to many problems
Old 01-30-2007, 11:05 PM

squat
Old 01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure you ask for paper work from the swap. make sure is not a stolen motor.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That means....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

HE thought that was clever. What a tool.

but yes, the conversion sounds shitty. Id stick with an EG, and find one for half the price with a swap.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (platinumx6)

I personally wouldnt buy a car that is already swapped.. I would much rather buy the car untouched and do the swap or work myself, you could take it to a repuatable car shop if your new to the scene, just so you know that the works done right..
Old 01-31-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (Boosted-Hb)

I just bought my 92 hatch with a jdm b16 for $2000!! This guy wants WAY too much, and like the others have said: You should probably stay away from it, you'd just be taking on someone else's problem.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (d3vilishSi)

all everyone here is doing is making assumptions assumptions assumptions. I wouldnt care what anyone here paid, what their grandma paid, or what their cousins brothers friends babies momma paid. And all i see somewhat local for eg's are shells selling for $1500 + alone. So to find a running one with a b16 is a steal, so dont use that as a reference. Find out what hatches sell for in your area and weigh your options. Do you want a gsr engine? Can you do body work, or have the money to pay someone to do it? Is there rust? what other mods? Clean title? Miles of chassis? Hows the brakes, exhaust, are the tires good? Everything here effects the price I would offer for a car. And saying it needs bodywork is very vague...that could range from a scratch in the bumper, to a panel with faded paint, to a quarter thats smashed in beyond pulling. Does he have papers for the engine? If they came with it does the trans and engine still have the vin or serial number?

No one here can say that the 00 front end conversion is crap unless you SEE it yourself. Personally I dont think it looks good, but there is a possibility that whomever did the swap knew what they were doing.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, you gotta check alot of things, ask him why is he selling his car in the first place, its not common that someone is selling a swapped b18c1 in a eg, and why dont you do some research on the kid see if hes into anything stupid, also its mostly about the motor make sure the gasket isnt leaking or anything like that, just question him see what goes on from there
Old 01-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What is this 92 Hatch Worth? (swappedcx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swappedcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all everyone here is doing is making assumptions assumptions assumptions. I wouldnt care what anyone here paid, what their grandma paid, or what their cousins brothers friends babies momma paid. And all i see somewhat local for eg's are shells selling for $1500 + alone. So to find a running one with a b16 is a steal, so dont use that as a reference. Find out what hatches sell for in your area and weigh your options. Do you want a gsr engine? Can you do body work, or have the money to pay someone to do it? Is there rust? what other mods? Clean title? Miles of chassis? Hows the brakes, exhaust, are the tires good? Everything here effects the price I would offer for a car. And saying it needs bodywork is very vague...that could range from a scratch in the bumper, to a panel with faded paint, to a quarter thats smashed in beyond pulling. Does he have papers for the engine? If they came with it does the trans and engine still have the vin or serial number?

No one here can say that the 00 front end conversion is crap unless you SEE it yourself. Personally I dont think it looks good, but there is a possibility that whomever did the swap knew what they were doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shortened, that would be either your "cousin's friend's wife", or just your "cousin's friend" (depending on gender).

So on that note.

Shut up please.

It doesn't matter how good the front end conversion NOR the integra interior is, it's still not worth 4800, GSR or not.

You say everybody's making assumptions based on passed experience....well DUH, what the expletive you want them to do, you want everybody to drive to his school and check out this guy's car to tell him if it's a good deal? Without people giving advice based on what they or people they know have paid, THIS THREAD WOULDN'T HAVE ANY RESPONSES. So if you feel like you're doing the world a favor by helping out, go to his school, check out the car, and then give him your [inaccurate] estimation on how much the car is worth.

It sounds EXACTLY like he's taking on somebody else's problem. When you buy a car and the seller says it just needs X, Y, and Z - something's ******* wrong - simple as that.

At OP:
Don't dick with it, 4800 is a horrible deal, I wouldn't pay over 3 for that kind of car, just STAY away from it.

They'll be other civics for sale, they're not exactly a mark of rarity.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It really sounds like something to stay away from. You can always check car facts to be sure but I would try and get something alittle less molested.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Manga_Spawn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manga_Spawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It really sounds like something to stay away from. You can always check car facts to be sure but I would try and get something alittle less molested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can tell you STRAIGHT UP that car fax don't mean ****.

It's a little extra precaution, but i've seen WAY too many cars bought and sold at the shop that've been in accidents but not reported to insurance hence not being on carfax.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

You sir are a retard, go pop a midol and wait out your period. Come back when your off the rag.

Quick Reply: What is this 92 Hatch Worth?