Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck

Well my 92 vx hatchback got stolen bout a month or 2 ago in westminster and than found in long beach. So this morning i walk outside and **** my cars gone. I mean wtf is the possibility of this happening again??? I HATE THIEFS. So now i have no car and i go to school and this sucks. So now i need a hoopdy doopdy to ride in that will cost dirt cheap.

Heres the link to my car getting stolen about a month ago.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1101331
Old 02-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (Hoppa)

Did you beef up security after it was stolen the first time?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (Hoppa)

theifs should all die
Old 02-09-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (IC33)

I put in a kill switch but i didnt flip it when i last was at my car which was probably like afternoon to night. I was taking care of some business the whole day and didnt think my car would get stolen again especially in front of my house this time. I mean **** man my cars all stock with donuts.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I put in a kill switch but i didnt flip it when i last was at my car which was probably like afternoon to night. I was taking care of some business the whole day and didnt think my car would get stolen again especially in front of my house this time. I mean **** man my cars all stock with donuts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Car alarm?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:57 AM

Hey that sucks I am always paranoid about my car getting stolen and its nearly stock too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So now i need a hoopdy doopdy to ride in that will cost dirt cheap.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used to have a '71 plymouth valiant 4 door that was lime green. You read that here and you think what a piece of **** and if you saw it in person you would think the same. It was free cuz my uncle couldint sell it. But because I didnt have to worry about how it looked. I was never worrysome about it getting stolen or dinged. I was more worried about someone taking my surfboard racks off of it. lol

But I think everyone in their driving life shuold own a true beater that has absolutely no potential to be ressurected into a nice car. lol

I never had to wash it. Just changed the fluids when they turned black.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (_BEN_)

So, what you're saying is that your car got stolen, but you didn't think it would get stolen again...so you didn't beef up security?

Old 02-09-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, what you're saying is that your car got stolen, but you didn't think it would get stolen again...so you didn't beef up security?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I second that. Really you shouldv'e learned your leason from the first time and been ready for the second attack. But anyways sorry to hear about your lost.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (Lee_Delso)

Well the thing is that my mechanic just put in a kill switch for me cuz i didnt have money to put an alarm onthe civic due to the fact that all my money is going into my new integra that ive been building. All mymoney right now has been going towards that car and trying to get it up and running. And i was eventually going to get the alarm on the civic, just i thought the kill switch would be good for now especially since its only been less than a month since i got it back.

Thiefs
Old 02-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Risky Business

$60 at pep boys
Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$60 at pep boys</TD></TR></TABLE>

get that and some cut-off switches
Old 02-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean **** man my cars all stock with donuts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Come on security on an OEM hatch with 4 donuts?

its rediculous what we have to do these days...

Insurance companies are probly paying people to steal the cars just so that they can bump rates up even higher
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I put in a kill switch but i didnt flip it when i last was at my car which was probably like afternoon to night. I was taking care of some business the whole day and didnt think my car would get stolen again especially in front of my house this time. I mean **** man my cars all stock with donuts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't think someone would steal that either, but thieves don't care sometimes I guess....

Thieves
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (Del Sizzle)

It seems to me like this is an all to common occurrence. Maybe we(the Honda/Acura ppl) should start taking manners into our own hands(ie: copy the F&F and go trucker-style with a shotgun).

You would think that of all the cars in the world someone would choose a Honda or Acura to steal, when there are tons of other more valuable cars. IMO Thiefs dont deserve to live, and they aught to all be lined up against a wall and shot.

That really sucks dude. I hope that your next project doesnt turn out sour.

My only advice other than getting an alarm would be to maybe install a switch or something so that even if they have the keys they cant start the car without press'n a hidden switch.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:09 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$60 at pep boys</TD></TR></TABLE>

You think that would work wouldn't ya. I remember my friend has his car stolen with an alarm AND an autolock. When he found the car it had been stripped of its GSR swirlies with tires less than 24hrs old, and his recently installed greddy kit. The autolock however was still stuck on the clutch pedal.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Risky Business

Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (eL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You think that would work wouldn't ya. I remember my friend has his car stolen with an alarm AND an autolock. When he found the car it had been stripped of its GSR swirlies with tires less than 24hrs old, and his recently installed greddy kit. The autolock however was still stuck on the clutch pedal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Meaning they towed it, you can't **** on the autolock for doing its job. My friends ITR had the autolock and club installed, and when they found his car stripped, both devices were nowhere to be found.

The autolock isn't a device that stops car theives, its a deterrent. If they see it, they'll go "is this car worth the extra effort to try and break this thing...or even risk towing it?" A turbocharged car might be worth towing, but if they pop the hood on a stock EG and see nothing done to it, why would they tow it?

Think layered security...
Old 02-09-2005, 01:01 PM

lucky me i live in a rich white neighborhood
Old 02-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxheat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxheat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lucky me i live in a rich white neighborhood </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well my del sol was stolen 4 months ago. Thankfully they caught the low life thief who stole the car. Now hes in prison as somebody's bitch and when he gets out hes paying for restitution also..

Old 02-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well the thing is that my mechanic just put in a kill switch for me cuz i didnt have money to put an alarm onthe civic due to the fact that all my money is going into my new integra that ive been building. All mymoney right now has been going towards that car and trying to get it up and running. And i was eventually going to get the alarm on the civic, just i thought the kill switch would be good for now especially since its only been less than a month since i got it back.

Thiefs </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont you know that every honda/acura has an oem kill switch already????

its called your MAIN RELAY unplug it and take it inside.... done!!!!! and just pop it back in and drive.

and best thing is its free and comes with the car and anyone can do this easily and only takes minutes...

you can even rewire it to another location if you are that paranoid

and why would you have someone else make a kill switch for you???
Old 02-09-2005, 01:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck (cxSHOE)

lol... my car got stolen... but did'nt have an alarm... guys.. install ******* alarms.. killswitches.. etc.. **** even a $25 alarm on ebay works fine..

Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 PM

jeez man .....*** i thougth i was unlucky
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Next time bolt the car down to the driveway
Old 02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thieves must die!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:55 PM

Meaning they towed it, you can't **** on the autolock for doing its job. </TD></TR></TABLE>
They didn't tow it necessarily. you don't really need a clutch to drive a manual. all they had to do was press down the clutch override switch behind the clutch, start it in neutral, push it a little bit and slam it into gear and go. it's not good on the tranny but I've had friends that have had to do it, and i know that it is possible. Once your started off, you can just powershift it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoppa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well my 92 vx hatchback got stolen bout a month or 2 ago in westminster and than found in long beach. So this morning i walk outside and **** my cars gone. I mean wtf is the possibility of this happening again??? I HATE THIEFS. So now i have no car and i go to school and this sucks. So now i need a hoopdy doopdy to ride in that will cost dirt cheap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as your car getting jacked dude, that really sucks, especially twice in a couple months. But you should have flipped the switch, I mean you knew it was a possiblity considering it happened not to long ago as well. Overall it sucks, and people are ********. Pretty soon we're going to have to start putting our cars in giant steel boxes everywhere we go and have them only unlock when you give it a positive DNA match. It's ridiculous. Well, I hope everything works out for the best, and next time flip that damn switch.

Quick Reply: WELP here we go again!!, More and More THIEFS!!!! Just my luck