Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

weirdest problem ever (atleast i think)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weirdest problem ever (atleast i think)

ok when i turn my key on my parking lights cut on with the switch on off there always on then at night when i actually turn my lights on if i turn my car off first by the key i mean the car will stay on untill i turn the lights off haha wth is wrong with my car i recently put a integra dash in and i just used the civic harness with the integra clips everything soldered and wrapped havent had a problem for 3 weeks so i doubt its cause of this could my light switch be bad or is there some wiring issues im stumped hopefully someone can shed some light on my prob thanx
Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM

bump
Old 06-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, forget about your car problem. Take a writing class.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (niccuhles)

Ok first of all....use periods and commas bro.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know what is wrong with your car haha but i hope lol you find out what is wrong with it and when you drive it does it sound cool god damn i am an ******* i love being an ******* lol lmao haha rofl
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (niccuhles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by niccuhles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know what is wrong with your car haha but i hope lol you find out what is wrong with it and when you drive it does it sound cool god damn i am an ******* i love being an ******* lol lmao haha rofl</TD></TR></TABLE>

HHAHAHAAH!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:28 AM

ok none of this helps i hope you all feel cool now anyways i hope someone can really help me everything is wired correctly i double checked and solder and use heat shrink on everything so its gotta be something with my ignition i guess ive had the dash in about 3 weeks now and its been fine any serious help will be greatly appreciated
Old 06-11-2006, 01:49 AM

you type like your talking
Old 06-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ATX45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATX45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok none of this helps i hope you all feel cool now anyways i hope someone can really help me everything is wired correctly i double checked and solder and use heat shrink on everything so its gotta be something with my ignition i guess ive had the dash in about 3 weeks now and its been fine any serious help will be greatly appreciated </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will help you as soon as i know what the expletive you are talking about! i suggest using a period or two, maybe even a comma.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:56 AM

seriously the typing has nothing to do with if you can help me or not i explained the problem exactly twice now ive asked questions on here before with no problems its people like you that drive away new members to other sites sry i dont type exactly how you want but your just gonna have to deal with it or not open this thread anymore
Old 06-11-2006, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: weirdest problem ever (ATX45)

Here is my attempt to decypher the secret message.

Secret Code: ok when i turn my key on my parking lights cut on
What it means: OK, when I turn my car on, my parking lights turn on.

Secret Code: with the switch on off there always on
What it means: The parking lights are always on.

Secret Code:then at night when i actually turn my lights on if i turn my car off first by the key i mean the car will stay on untill i turn the lights off haha
What it means: Then when I use my headlights at night time, the car stays on even after I turn off my car with the keys. My car will turn off once I turn my headlights to the off position.

Secret Code: wth is wrong with my car i recently put a integra dash in and i just used the civic harness with the integra clips everything soldered and wrapped havent had a problem for 3 weeks so i doubt its cause of this
What it means: What the heck is wrong with my car, I recently put an Integra dash in my car and I just used the existing civic harness with the Integra clips. Everything is soldered and wrapped. I never had a problem after the dash installation for 3 weeks, so I doubt it has anything to do with my dash swap.

Secret Code: could my light switch be bad or is there some wiring issues
What it means: Could my light switch be bad or is there some wiring issues?

Secret Code: im stumped hopefully someone can shed some light on my prob thanx
What it means: I'm stumped. Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. Thanks.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATX45 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seriously the typing has nothing to do with if you can help me or not i explained the problem exactly twice now ive asked questions on here before with no problems its people like you that drive away new members to other sites sry i dont type exactly how you want but your just gonna have to deal with it or not open this thread anymore </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, typing has a lot to do with how people communicate via the internet. We can not help you with you if we understand.

Your problem has to do with the electronics. Retrace your work/ wiring. One reason why it may have gone bad after 3 weeks, is the insulation on the wiring job came lose and shorting something out.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:21 AM
aak

Default Re: weirdest problem ever (Br1anPham)

this **** is too funny
Old 06-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weirdest problem ever (Br1anPham)

Secret codes... lol but true, I had no idea exactly what his car issues were.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

your problem is pretty obvious, and no I'm not refering to your typing skills. All though that is a problem, I wasn't even thinking of helping until I read Br1anPham's post and your post made sense.

your post in review...
when you turn on your ignition the park lights come on,
when you turn on the headlights/parklights the car stays running.
sure sounds like your park lights and ignition wires are shorted together.
this would make it so the park lights would supply power to everything and the car would stay running.
Unless your park lights fuse pops all the time (and you installed a larger one to keep it from poping) or the fuse gets hot... the short is more than likely before the main relay, because the park lights fuse would likely pop if the parklights were trying to supply power to everything after the main relay.