Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it illegal to take out the rear seats, passenger seats, and all the plastic inside the car so the metal is showing. no carpet taking out.

what will happen if a cop see me driving like this?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rustyButFast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rustyButFast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it illegal to take out the rear seats, passenger seats, and all the plastic inside the car so the metal is showing. no carpet taking out.

what will happen if a cop see me driving like this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm not sure if it is illegal from where you are, but down here in sunny florida, we have no problems.

if you are uncertain, you can always searched the net or go down to your local library. they should have books on laws related to your state.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (philosofy1)

FL could almost care less about anything with cars. That's why I love it here
Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (philosofy1)

i have most of that removed except the pass seat i do have and ive never had an issue. i dont see why you would be required to have the back seat itself in.. but like whats been said... check your state laws
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problems with it here. i dont c why it would ever be illegal. but like he said search or ask a cop.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM

i drove it today and a cop was on the other lane and he look at me so i act normal and he didn't do anything so it's probably is legal or not.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rustyButFast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rustyButFast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cop was on the other lane and he look at me so i act normal and he didn't do anything so it's probably is legal or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously my 7 year old daughter can form sentences better than this!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rustyButFast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it illegal to take out the rear seats, passenger seats, and all the plastic inside the car so the metal is showing. no carpet taking out.

what will happen if a cop see me driving like this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What will happen?

The cop will think you're a ricer, as will the rest of the world.

Removing the interior on a DD is useless as crap - but no, there's nothing illegal about it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sageuvagony)

Represent! lol. (Florida)

Do it and see what happens. (lol)

No seriously, I would ask a cop myself next time you get pulled over (if you do) Not for that matter, but in any particular case scenario.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Cpt.GargameL)

haha my buddy got pulled over in his gutted CX and the cop thought it was stolen because it didn't have steering column covers...a big long ordeal and almost going to jail over a 1/4 of an ounce.... <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What will happen?

The cop will think you're a ricer, as will the rest of the world.

Removing the interior on a DD is useless as crap - but no, there's nothing illegal about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (forcefedferio)

my uncle is an officer and he happens to be over here right now... he says theres nothing illegal about it at all...

what could be? who cares if you don't have but 1 seat?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (spock_rocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

seriously my 7 year old daughter can form sentences better than this! </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FL could almost care less about anything with cars. That's why I love it here </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Represent! lol. (Florida)

Do it and see what happens. (lol)

No seriously, I would ask a cop myself next time you get pulled over (if you do) Not for that matter, but in any particular case scenario. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what you thought better get moving!

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/...earth
Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (richard7968)

How does that apply to the interior of the car? I'm lost lol please explain the fundamentals.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by richard7968 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats what you thought better get moving!

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/...earth</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
* B A N N E D *

if you want to shed some weight pull the backseat out... and leave the plastic side panels because they dont weigh very much and plus they look nice.. carpet? leave it in bc it looks bad when its out imo.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Cpt.GargameL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How does that apply to the interior of the car? I'm lost lol please explain the fundamentals.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

just making a off topic point about this quote!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FL could almost care less about anything with cars. That's why I love it here </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you check the link you will see that even FL is getting a little **** about things in general was the point as i said off topic but still...

Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Enjoy it while you can, seems like the GOV. is gonna make it like cali and really soon
Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: WEIGHT REDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (uneek360)

How is Cali? Please explain.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uneek360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Enjoy it while you can, seems like the GOV. is gonna make it like cali and really soon </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How is Cali? Please explain.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt.GargameL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How is Cali? Please explain.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Let me tell you I love California I really do everything about it apart from one thing

IF your a <FONT SIZE="12">car guy!</FONT> your basically screwed!

This state is obsessed with tree hugging import-hating bureaucrats!

Other then that California is a great place to live in my opinion!

which brings me back to why i posted up that link because i guess cali tree hugging is catching on with other states