Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Weighed My EG Today! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/weighed-my-eg-today-944781/)

92CivicSiR2 07-31-2004 10:24 PM

Weighed My EG Today!

So today I went and weighed my EG with a JDM B16a SiR II. I just went to the local quarry-probably misspelled sorry-and it weighed in a 2220 Ibs. I'm very suprised at the weight because its a '92 Civic VX, I gutted the interior except the dash and two front seats. I only weigh about 160 Ibs or so. (I'm a fat ass sorry!) I just would have thought that it might have been a bit lighter. Has anyone weighed there hatchs out there if so how much did it weigh?

Hondog 07-31-2004 10:30 PM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (92CivicSiR2)

My K20R powered EG Drag Hatch weighed in at 1980lbs with me in it.. I was 220lb, I'm now 190lb and the car has lost another 200lbs, so we have a track weight around 1700-1750lbs, yet to be reweighed though..
It has a 8 point Chromoly cage, one seat, custom 2gallon fuel tank, Drag wheels, lexan window, fibreglass hatch and carbon bonnet, plus alot of grinding done inside and under the car..

megotvtec 07-31-2004 11:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92CivicSiR2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So today I went and weighed my EG with a JDM B16a SiR II. I just went to the local quarry-probably misspelled sorry-and it weighed in a 2220 Ibs. I'm very suprised at the weight because its a '92 Civic VX, I gutted the interior except the dash and two front seats. I only weigh about 160 Ibs or so. (I'm a fat ass sorry!) I just would have thought that it might have been a bit lighter. Has anyone weighed there hatchs out there if so how much did it weigh? </TD></TR></TABLE>
you got to remember that the vx weighs 2380w/full interior. so 2220 is pretty damn light! https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif
im interested to know what my vx weighs. but i dont know where to weigh it at http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif

Tad 07-31-2004 11:21 PM

vx's dont weigh 2380 with a full interior,
i dont know where you got that figure.

to the original poster, did you weigh it with you in it or with you out of it?
what kind of mods do you have, such as sway/chassis bars, aftermarket brakes, etc,

all that stuff adds weight

Andres-eh2 07-31-2004 11:39 PM

I weighed my CX bubble at the track this wednesday. Full interior minus spare, Ls swap, slipstreams, gsr cloth seats, mini system with sub in trunk and me in it. 2352 lbs. I weigh like +/- 165. Means my hatch weighs +/-2187 lbs i was pretty happy

Tad 07-31-2004 11:47 PM

Re: (Andres-eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andres-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I weighed my CX bubble at the track this wednesday. Full interior minus spare, Ls swap, slipstreams, gsr cloth seats, mini system with sub in trunk and me in it. 2352 lbs. I weigh like +/- 165. Means my hatch weighs +/-2187 lbs i was pretty happy</TD></TR></TABLE>

what'd you run?

megotvtec 07-31-2004 11:50 PM

Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">vx's dont weigh 2380 with a full interior,
i dont know where you got that figure.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
from a few different sites on google. i just assumed that was correct cause there were a few different sources that said the vx and cx weigh 2380
what is the correct curb weight then? and can you give me a site to back up your answer? thanx.

JDMlyfestyle 07-31-2004 11:50 PM

My CX weighs 2143 with me full interior and 1/4 tank

gezer 07-31-2004 11:55 PM

Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

dude there is a thread on here that showed the wieght of each car stock from honda, and the vx and cx wieghed in at 2093! they dont have much in them as it is. the si models weigh around 2300 somthing, and the dx was 2200 something. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

JDMlyfestyle 08-01-2004 12:28 AM

Re: (gezer)

This was made by Tom B18C5-EH2

Okay, I see a lot of posts about vehicle weight and the differences between the various CX, VX, DX, and Si models.
I'd like to set this shit straight so nobody else is confused.

First of all thanks to Shawn Hayes here on H-T for hooking me up with the 1992 Civic sales brochure, which had all the specs for every 1992 Honda Civic available, meaning hatchbacks and 4-doors only since the coupe wasn't offered until 1993.

Anyways, here go the base weights as measured by Honda in 1992:

1992 Honda Civic:

CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
VX hatchback: 2094lbs.
DX hatchback: 2178lbs.
Si hatchback: 2326lbs.

So that's the weights of each vehicle STOCK.

Notice the exact same weight for both the CX and VX? This should dispell those "VX is the lightest" arguments. In fact, in theory would you not think the CX would be even lighter since the VX had light-ass alloy 13 inch wheels while the CX had heavy-ass steel wheels? This would leave me to believe a few different things:

Body for body (which matters more because you swap out the wheels anyways, I mean 13'' wheels, come on!) I think this may mean the CX is lighter still. The only thing I can think that would make the VX the sane weight but has much lighter wheels might be that the VTEC-E motor weighs more than the CX 8-valve motor.

Another thing is the gas tanks.

CX and VX has a 10 gallon tank, while the DX and Si have the 11.9 gallon tank. Keep in mind these specs are striaght from Honda, so regardless how much gas you've squeezed in your CX, VX, DX, or Si it dosn't matter. Honda probably only measures TANK volume, not the filler and what's already in the fuel lines, etc.

So you also see that the DX is 84lbs. more than the CX/VX. Why would this be? Here's what I came up with:

Bigger fuel tank - tank is steel, so bigger = heavier
Rear wiper/washer
More tar - seen it myself. DX has more tar than the CX/VX.
Side moldings - plastic, but still weighs more than the non-existent side moldings on the CX/VX
Rear cargo cover std. it weighs something, right?

That just might be the difference. Things like the cargo cover and tar, rear washer/wiper can be deleted to get closer to CX/VX, so it's not a huge deal.

You also see that the Si is one heavy PIG compared to it's other hatchback brothers.

One more hilarious thing here for you guys with Si hatches that say "coupes are heavy, that's why I have a hatch" which I see often, and used to say myself.

How's this strike you:

1992 Civic 4-door with manual tranny:

DX 4-door: 2275lbs.
LX 4-door: 2319lbs.

Why did I bold the LX 4-door weight?

Because it has power windows, doorlocks, cruise control, power steering, etc. and is STILL lighter than the Si hatchback! So what do you think of the coupes now? If the 4-door is lighter, what about the 2-door coupes? The DX coupe is a good deal lighter than the Si hatchback.

Don't get all pissy if you own an Si - I used to have one, but after getting beaten by others in CX, VX, and DX hatches with less whp I sold it to build up a CX hatchback.

So, does anyone else on H-T here have this kind of info on the 1994-1995 hatchbacks? I know they weigh more because they added another airbag in 1994-1995, and some Si hatches came with ABS too. All that shit adds weight.

One last thing to keep in mind here:

These cars were weighed BONE STOCK.

This means:

No A/C - was NOT std. on any hatchback in 1992
No radio - again radios were NOT std. on ANY hatches in 1992
Only Si had 2 mirrors std. Add the weight of a mirror if you got 2 on your CX/VX/DX
ONLY the Si had powersteering - the DX auto did too, but I didn't list that one. I listed the manual, which had no p/s
Stock wheels. VX had lightweight 13'' alloys, CX/DX had 13'' steels, Si had heaviest 14'' steelies with wheel covers

So think about all those things that we can take out of our cars to get the weight down. This gives you a basic idea of what your car should weigh with no A/C, p/s, etc.

Also think about what ADDS weight to your car. Stereo, SWAP, bigger brakes, swaybars, bigger wheels, strut bars, etc. So don't think your 1992 CX weighs 2094lbs. if you have 2 mirrors, A/C, radio, SWAP, etc. You might be over the stock weight.

megotvtec 08-01-2004 12:37 AM

Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

Originally Posted by JDMlyfestyle
This was made by Tom B18C5-EH2

Okay, I see a lot of posts about vehicle weight and the differences between the various CX, VX, DX, and Si models.
I'd like to set this shit straight so nobody else is confused.

First of all thanks to Shawn Hayes here on H-T for hooking me up with the 1992 Civic sales brochure, which had all the specs for every 1992 Honda Civic available, meaning hatchbacks and 4-doors only since the coupe wasn't offered until 1993.

Anyways, here go the base weights as measured by Honda in 1992:

1992 Honda Civic:

CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
VX hatchback: 2094lbs.
DX hatchback: 2178lbs.
Si hatchback: 2326lbs.

So that's the weights of each vehicle STOCK.

Notice the exact same weight for both the CX and VX? This should dispell those "VX is the lightest" arguments. In fact, in theory would you not think the CX would be even lighter since the VX had light-ass alloy 13 inch wheels while the CX had heavy-ass steel wheels? This would leave me to believe a few different things:

Body for body (which matters more because you swap out the wheels anyways, I mean 13'' wheels, come on!) I think this may mean the CX is lighter still. The only thing I can think that would make the VX the sane weight but has much lighter wheels might be that the VTEC-E motor weighs more than the CX 8-valve motor.

Another thing is the gas tanks.

CX and VX has a 10 gallon tank, while the DX and Si have the 11.9 gallon tank. Keep in mind these specs are striaght from Honda, so regardless how much gas you've squeezed in your CX, VX, DX, or Si it dosn't matter. Honda probably only measures TANK volume, not the filler and what's already in the fuel lines, etc.

So you also see that the DX is 84lbs. more than the CX/VX. Why would this be? Here's what I came up with:

Bigger fuel tank - tank is steel, so bigger = heavier
Rear wiper/washer
More tar - seen it myself. DX has more tar than the CX/VX.
Side moldings - plastic, but still weighs more than the non-existent side moldings on the CX/VX
Rear cargo cover std. it weighs something, right?

That just might be the difference. Things like the cargo cover and tar, rear washer/wiper can be deleted to get closer to CX/VX, so it's not a huge deal.

You also see that the Si is one heavy PIG compared to it's other hatchback brothers.

One more hilarious thing here for you guys with Si hatches that say "coupes are heavy, that's why I have a hatch" which I see often, and used to say myself.

How's this strike you:

1992 Civic 4-door with manual tranny:

DX 4-door: 2275lbs.
LX 4-door: 2319lbs.

Why did I bold the LX 4-door weight?

Because it has power windows, doorlocks, cruise control, power steering, etc. and is STILL lighter than the Si hatchback! So what do you think of the coupes now? If the 4-door is lighter, what about the 2-door coupes? The DX coupe is a good deal lighter than the Si hatchback.

Don't get all pissy if you own an Si - I used to have one, but after getting beaten by others in CX, VX, and DX hatches with less whp I sold it to build up a CX hatchback.

So, does anyone else on H-T here have this kind of info on the 1994-1995 hatchbacks? I know they weigh more because they added another airbag in 1994-1995, and some Si hatches came with ABS too. All that shit adds weight.

One last thing to keep in mind here:

These cars were weighed BONE STOCK.

This means:

No A/C - was NOT std. on any hatchback in 1992
No radio - again radios were NOT std. on ANY hatches in 1992
Only Si had 2 mirrors std. Add the weight of a mirror if you got 2 on your CX/VX/DX
ONLY the Si had powersteering - the DX auto did too, but I didn't list that one. I listed the manual, which had no p/s
Stock wheels. VX had lightweight 13'' alloys, CX/DX had 13'' steels, Si had heaviest 14'' steelies with wheel covers

So think about all those things that we can take out of our cars to get the weight down. This gives you a basic idea of what your car should weigh with no A/C, p/s, etc.

Also think about what ADDS weight to your car. Stereo, SWAP, bigger brakes, swaybars, bigger wheels, strut bars, etc. So don't think your 1992 CX weighs 2094lbs. if you have 2 mirrors, A/C, radio, SWAP, etc. You might be over the stock weight.

thanx for taking the time and writing that up! i always heard the vx had a 8.5gallon gas tank. and finaly someone answered my question as to why the dx is nearly 100lbs heavier.

b0mbrman 08-01-2004 03:50 AM

Re: (megotvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by megotvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
from a few different sites on google. i just assumed that was correct cause there were a few different sources that said the vx and cx weigh 2380
what is the correct curb weight then? and can you give me a site to back up your answer? thanx.</TD></TR></TABLE>You probably looked up the EK hatch...they're about that much

chad 08-01-2004 03:52 AM

my 2000 si with me in it and a roll cage....2294 5/8's tank of gas.....

my eg in drag form.....1800 with me in it.....

2ltrEK 08-01-2004 04:06 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My K20R powered EG Drag Hatch weighed in at 1980lbs with me in it.. I was 220lb, I'm now 190lb and the car has lost another 200lbs, so we have a track weight around 1700-1750lbs, yet to be reweighed though..
It has a 8 point Chromoly cage, one seat, custom 2gallon fuel tank, Drag wheels, lexan window, fibreglass hatch and carbon bonnet, plus alot of grinding done inside and under the car..</TD></TR></TABLE>
damb...thats hot

JaeOne3345 08-01-2004 05:18 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today!

Tom is right about the coupes. So many BS myths about the weights of coupes and sedans.

Depending on year and trim, they arent heavy at all. My 93 dx (1st year coupe was made), still retains the sohc engine (so its helping me a bit), and weighed in at 2180 lbs at a local dairy weigh station. I have no fender lining, using slipstreams, stock interior except for one sparco seat, omp steering wheel, no ac, no ps (didnt come with ps). The other mods I have done wouldnt even effect weight. Point being, it's not even gutted, and that weight is with a full tank of gas. That was with the stock hood as well, which is now CF.

Andres-eh2 08-01-2004 09:40 AM

Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what'd you run?</TD></TR></TABLE>

15.5 with a 2.4 60' https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif

Tad 08-01-2004 10:22 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (Hondog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My K20R powered EG Drag Hatch weighed in at 1980lbs with me in it.. I was 220lb, I'm now 190lb and the car has lost another 200lbs, so we have a track weight around 1700-1750lbs, yet to be reweighed though..
It has a 8 point Chromoly cage, one seat, custom 2gallon fuel tank, Drag wheels, lexan window, fibreglass hatch and carbon bonnet, plus alot of grinding done inside and under the car..</TD></TR></TABLE>

it the motor stock??

Wuhhht Duhh 08-01-2004 10:26 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (Tad)

sticky https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

Revolver 08-01-2004 10:39 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (Wuhhht duhh)

My buddie recently weighed his EJ1 with z6, AC, gutted interior and fat 5's and was at 2200. Not bad i'd say, still a lot he could remove.

sohcvtec1995 08-01-2004 11:18 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (Revolver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddie recently weighed his EJ1 with z6, AC, gutted interior and fat 5's and was at 2200. Not bad i'd say, still a lot he could remove.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you talking about me? i was just going to post it up to.

Revolver 08-01-2004 11:23 AM

Re: Weighed My EG Today! (sohcvtec1995)

No, I'm talking about your mother.

sohcvtec1995 08-01-2004 11:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, I'm talking about your mother.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You should post up how much your shoes weigh. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif

Revolver 08-01-2004 11:32 AM

Oh you know, I stripped some padding out, threw in some Vtec etc.....got 'em down to a few ounces.

sohcvtec1995 08-01-2004 11:34 AM

ROFLMAO!!!! huh huh huhuhuhuh..........

biassj 08-01-2004 12:31 PM

SI's come standard with AC, Sunroof and four wheel disc. Thats why it's heavier than DX coupes and four doors. I rather have all the features, too bad they don't come power locks/windows. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emsad.gif