Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Weathertech Mats Don't Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech Mats Don't Fit!

Hey guys, so my parents were kind enough to buy me a set of weathertech all weather mats for christmas to fit my 00 em1. I finally got a chance to put them in today and I was VERY disappointed with their fitment. The driver's mat has a huge gap around the outsides and doesn't really fit the shape of the hole all that well. The passengers mat looks like a universal mat you would go buy at walmart and it is too fat at the front to lay down properly. This is also the case with the two back mats, they appear to be a universal style mat and are just too big to lay down flat on the floor. I'm wondering if there was a mix up that resulted in me getting the wrong mats shipped to me, or if this poor fitment is what I should expect from these weathertech mats. If anyone has any pictures of how their mats fit or any siggestions on what other floor mats would fit well please post any and all information. I was really wanting a set of all-weather mats but fitment is my top priority!

Thanks in advance, and I will try to post pictures up later when I am not at work and can get to my camera.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Weathertech Mats Don't Fit!

they are probably universal mats u cant ask for much they are made to fit any vehicle. if u wanted mats to fit perfect u should have bought oem floor mats
Old 12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just went with OE mats.. can be found for around 60-70 if you look around..

since you have these, call weathertech and check the model number and see if they will exchange them for poor fitment.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Weathertech are supposed to fit exact.

Ask them where they bought it from, cross reference the number and call weathertech to make sure they are the right mats.

Can you take pics of the mats at least the front ones.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx
they are probably universal mats u cant ask for much they are made to fit any vehicle. if u wanted mats to fit perfect u should have bought oem floor mats
Weathertech mats are vehicle specific mats. For the price, I was expecting them to fit my vehicle seeing as how they are intended for my vehicle. I could have spent less than half the cost of the weathertech mats and went to walmart, trimmed a universal set, and had just as good or likely better fitment.

I am headed out now to take pics. I will try to call weathertech tomorrow and cross check the numbers, just wanted to see if anyone had any first-hand experience with them fitting/not fitting.

Thanks for your replies!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's the driver's side mat. probably the best fitment of all of them seeing as how it lays flat without needing any trimming. However it still just looks really sloppy and doesn't cover near what it should.
Name:  SDC10623.jpg
Views: 7207
Size:  65.7 KB
Here's the passenger mat. You can see why it doesn't fit.
Name:  SDC10625.jpg
Views: 8276
Size:  56.2 KB
And here's a little teaser for those of you who are in on the discussion helping me out!
Name:  EM1.jpg
Views: 4830
Size:  56.9 KB

Please excuse the less than perfect pics, I have a walmart camera and it's dark outside, but this gets the point across.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like the wrong mats to me, did you ask your folks where they ordered from and did they give the proper car?

Do you have the box? what is the stock or item number, we can cross reference on the web.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that lil cut in on the top left hand side of the drivers mat looks like its for an automatic car with the lil black plastic foot rest. pass side u could cheat it toward the center consol and let it roll up alil to fit. those mats fit shyty. like u said a 20 dollar pair from autozone im sure could fit better lol
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by motegicivic
Looks like the wrong mats to me, did you ask your folks where they ordered from and did they give the proper car?

Do you have the box? what is the stock or item number, we can cross reference on the web.
I believe they ordered direct from weather tech, I will ask them tomorrow and find out for sure. They said they entered the right information (Honda; 2000; Civic). After going to their website I went through and looked up the mats for my car just to see what I could find out. You select the year, make, and model; however they do not ask you for body style or the transmission type.

The numbers on the box are:

122:1050
(152H-2500)

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx
that lil cut in on the top left hand side of the drivers mat looks like its for an automatic car with the lil black plastic foot rest. pass side u could cheat it toward the center consol and let it roll up alil to fit. those mats fit shyty. like u said a 20 dollar pair from autozone im sure could fit better lol
My car has a little black plastic foot rest, however it is quite a ways forward from the cutout. The rubber square that is built into the carpet actually hangs out from under the weathertech mat on the drivers side as you can see I circled. There is also a random cutout toward the center console back by the seat that I circled that really serves no purpose. Kinda looks like I need to make a trip to the local walmart and see what they have! I just can't believe that for the price the fitment is so sloppy. I saw a set of the digitalfit mats in an excursion that my boss drives and they fit quite nicely, that's what made me want a set, but this is definately not what I expected.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:12 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've never used weathertech floor mats, but I do have a set of their door visors on dad's Tacoma and they fit extremely well.

As far as the mats go transmission type doesn't matter, automatics and manuals both had the footrest depending on the trim level, coupe/hatch mats are the same, sedan might be different though.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes those were my thoughts, I'm wondering if they are intended for a sedan. I did read the fine print on their website and it says the rear mats are intended to be "cut to fit" type mats. It also mentions that the mats are vehicle specific, however in some cases they just pick a mat that fits better than the other universal mats, but may actually be intended for a whole other make and model. So basically it's like paying top dollar for a set of Chevy mats to put in a Honda. Their advertisements/descriptions are very misleading, I would have expected much better fitment for such a price. It's OEM or nothing from now on. I'll still be making a call this afternoon just to see what the deal is, just in case there really was a mistake made.

I also read a couple reviews regarding their all-weather mats. All reviews were positive and praised the mats, with the exception of one guy with a 2000 civic who had similar complaints to mine.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, I went to site, I did my car 96 civic, and it is night and day, if you need to order for a 96 do it, same floor.

I did the 2000 civic and came up with same thing. part number: Part# W34-W20

Take a look:

Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So the ones you pictured are the 2000 civic ones correct? I'm about to call them and see if I can get some answers
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those mats look like the same ones he has. no dice...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The left side looks a little different on my post, not cut up so much of angle like his pic.

Who knows maybe for the 96-00 civic they screwed up, but the car is older and they would of had complaints and changed it by now.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO, the only good mats from weathertech or husky are the digital fit series..
I got one from husky for my accord and love it, since it keeps dirt, snow, water from spilling off to the sides.

I looked up for your car, and it seems like the only style available is universal style, and I'd rather get OEM ones since digital fit style is not available..
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got off the phone with weathertech. They said everything but the drivers front mat was a universal fit mat, and that the drivers mat was selected to best fit the civic floor layout. Basically they are an expensive set of universal mats. Downside is that I can't even trim the driver's mat down to fit because it's already too small and doesn't cover near what it should. Their site is very misleading and does not specify what you are actually buying from them. If they had stated in the description that the mats were universal fit I never would have ended up with them. Now I have to figure out what it would cost me to ship them back and get a refund. Companies like this should have to pay the return shipping, it's so irritating.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they don't make oem all weather mats for the 96-00 civic.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nicks00si
Just got off the phone with weathertech. They said everything but the drivers front mat was a universal fit mat, and that the drivers mat was selected to best fit the civic floor layout. Basically they are an expensive set of universal mats. Downside is that I can't even trim the driver's mat down to fit because it's already too small and doesn't cover near what it should. Their site is very misleading and does not specify what you are actually buying from them. If they had stated in the description that the mats were universal fit I never would have ended up with them. Now I have to figure out what it would cost me to ship them back and get a refund. Companies like this should have to pay the return shipping, it's so irritating.
There should be a disclaimer on the site. I would have them pick up the return shipping, talk to a supervisor.

There are other mat companies out there, Lloyd's has some all season, I bet they fit better.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyden
they don't make oem all weather mats for the 96-00 civic.
I'm aware of that, however I would rather have OEM mats than all-weather mats that don't fit. I'll check around and see what I can find but will probably just end up with a set of oem mats. The ones that were in the car when I got it were in really rough shape, and so I bought a set of the tread plate aluminum mats off ebay (cuz that was cool back then lol), they fit nicely and protected the carpets, also were pretty easy to clean, however they just aren't my style and I want a set of mats that go well with the interior!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i have an em1 and got a set of weathertech mats, honestly they do not fit that nice. the backs are retarded just do your best to shove them under the front seats rails, they will have to flex to fit. and watch out for your mat while driving if mine slides forward it goes under the pedals and I wont be able to get the clutch all the way down, just make sure the mat is pulled back as far as possible. other then that ive have mine for 1 year and theyre holding up pretty nice. a little bit of baldness where my right heel sits but other then that they are a quality mat, dont get too mad about fitment
Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm aware of that, however I would rather have OEM mats than all-weather mats that don't fit. I'll check around and see what I can find but will probably just end up with a set of oem mats. The ones that were in the car when I got it were in really rough shape, and so I bought a set of the tread plate aluminum mats off ebay (cuz that was cool back then lol), they fit nicely and protected the carpets, also were pretty easy to clean, however they just aren't my style and I want a set of mats that go well with the interior!
It might be a shot in the dark the 01-05 civic had oem all weathers, might fit better than the weathertechs.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

same here when I ordered my weathertech floor mats. same **** poor fitment issue for my da9. I should've just gotten a oversize universal floor mat and cut it to shape... ghetto I know.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dwkt
lol i have an em1 and got a set of weathertech mats, honestly they do not fit that nice. the backs are retarded just do your best to shove them under the front seats rails, they will have to flex to fit. and watch out for your mat while driving if mine slides forward it goes under the pedals and I wont be able to get the clutch all the way down, just make sure the mat is pulled back as far as possible. other then that ive have mine for 1 year and theyre holding up pretty nice. a little bit of baldness where my right heel sits but other then that they are a quality mat, dont get too mad about fitment
I'm irritated with the fitment because their site is so misleading. I was expecting mats that actually fit my car, not mats for another car that were picked because they were close to fitting. They are going back! I only had them in for a few days and drove with them for a total of about 15 mins so I didn't experience any issues with the driver's mat besides the pathetic fitment. Sorry to hear you had the same unpleasant experience.

Originally Posted by motegicivic
It might be a shot in the dark the 01-05 civic had oem all weathers, might fit better than the weathertechs.

Yes very likely a shot in the dark, but I'll look them up just out of curiosity, thanks!

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
same here when I ordered my weathertech floor mats. same **** poor fitment issue for my da9. I should've just gotten a oversize universal floor mat and cut it to shape... ghetto I know.
Wouldn't be any more ghetto than these weathertech mats. The backs and the passenger mat are actually universal mats in my kit, just like you would buy at walmart or autozone, and the drivers mat is from another car but is "selected to best fit" my civic. PSHH, like a glove
Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, send them back, there are other brands out there, like I said the 01 civic ones might be close if I remember.

Quick Reply: Weathertech Mats Don't Fit!