Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Weather Proofing Del Sol

Old 09-28-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weather Proofing Del Sol

ARRRGGHHH. Heavy Rain + Driving a Del Sol do not mix, as most of you Del sol owners know. Anyone know how to fix the leaking problem? all i can think of is replacing the weather striping on the targa top, although last time i did that it still leaked slightly. anyone know? thanx, the reminants of Jeanne, 4th or 5th hurricane of the season, is in MD now and my Drivers Seat was soaked this afternoon
Old 09-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weather Proofing Del Sol (Apocolipse269)

Honda actually had a recall for the leaks on the 92-95 Del Sol's. They fixed the problem for the 96 and 97's, though I still had one in my trunk due to that pillar thing by the back window but all is fixed.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Weather Proofing Del Sol (S(J)O(D)L(M))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S(J)O(D)L(M) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda actually had a recall for the leaks on the 92-95 Del Sol's. They fixed the problem for the 96 and 97's, though I still had one in my trunk due to that pillar thing by the back window but all is fixed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

um, well, i dont think i got that recall, and i probally cant get it now anyways, so any way to fix it?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weather Proofing Del Sol (Apocolipse269)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the only method I know of were to replace the seals, and they do get quite expensive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: