Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

weapon r race header 00 civic si anyone have this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weapon r race header 00 civic si anyone have this???

i just got mine from the ups man today. the welds are decent but not the best. there are welds in the inside to.. so that makes up for the minor weld issues. all in all its a solid header that weighs a ton. stainless steal. cant beat 190 shipped. so the questions i have are.. has anyone installed this before.. is it bolt on. im a noob to some of this mechanical stuff. im more of an electric man myself. also.. what tools will i need i did a search but people arent specific 10mm/12mm etc.. and how do i get the oxygen sensor unscrewed.. is there a socket for that or do i use a wrench.. also can i lift my car up with the stock honda jack or should i get the things where i roll my car up them.. ihave to install header from the underside..just roll the front end up..people say this takes two hours but if you have all the proper stuff i cant imagine it taking 45 mins to a hour even if youve never done it before.

thanks in advance hondatech team.
and i did do asearch!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:59 PM
H-T White Ops

10mm socket/ratchet with an extension. Maybe a 10mm open end wrench. Not sure on the size of the O2 sensor. I think I used a crescent wrench. If the header is a one piece you're going to have to install it from underneath the car. If it's a 2 piece you're going to have to get underneath the car eventually too. Ramps are deffinately nice to have for this. All in all it shouldn't take you any more than an hour to do this.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
eh6

Default Re: weapon r race header 00 civic si anyone have this??? (madlion)

In some cases you might have to buy a new oxygen sensor because it's sometimes 'bonds' with the header. Try wd-40 first and let it sit for a good minute or so and then try to loosen it. Next time around if you're looking for a cheap header go for Megan Racing headers. Virtually the same price as the one you bought but there isn't any shitty welding, at least not on the one I have. Or just go with DC.

PS - Since it's stainless steel do yourself a favor and don't touch it with your skin no matter how clean you think your hands are. Reason for this is when the header gets hot only seconds after you start the car it will show dingy handprints and marks in the spots where you touched it. It looks bad and it takes a lot of scrubbing to get them off.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I love to drive

Default Re: weapon r race header 00 civic si anyone have this??? (eh6)

I used a 22mm wrench to get the o2 sensor off. I stood on the manifold (after it was off the car) and another guy tapped the wrench with a hammer to get it loose. it took a little while because we didn't want to mess up the sensor with lube
Old 10-11-2004, 04:07 PM
H-T White Ops

yeah, forgot about the fingerprint thing. What I did was rub the header down with rubbing alcohol and a clean terrycloth towel after I installed it.