Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

We need more mods to help our current mods!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default We need more mods to help our current mods!

Ok this forum is getting out of hand. I talked with a few of the regulars and we all agree. Can we get some more mods in here to control all the stupid threads that dont belong.

I understand the mods have there own personal life that they have to take care of, like Tom being a married man now, Bauley with finals, Ricey living on his own, etc. But we seriously need more mods here, because things are getting out of hand.

If anyone else that i didnt contact about this like to chim in please do, also if you have a mod in mind post the name up and well try to get a poll going to select some more mods to help out Ricy and Bauley.

They did a great job when they started but lately they cant hang with the overwelming new members. WE NEED MORE MODS!

Thanks,
Luserkid
Old 04-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (Luserkid)

For sure...........

I nominate Luserkid for a spot in the poll (if there is one). Also Archidictus
Old 04-04-2005, 10:56 PM
TSPeed Factory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah for sure. . wouldn't mind a mod on the west coast that browses mainly at night.

i nominate jordan aka jl illusions9
Old 04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree. we need some night mods for the EG+ Civic / Del Sol forum.

i nominate:

Luserkid
AzntaggeR
JDMlyfestyle (if he wants)
or me if the other mods would like
Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

I nominate myself,i always wanted to be a mod, i'm like the noob patrol. As well as jL iLLuZiOnz 9, Luserkid.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM

Ya no doubt Vic.

You may not have seen me in the forum as much as i usually am. because everytime i come in here i see garbage post that just **** me off.

For example the Dumbass that wanted to sue the owner of the previous car because he blew the motor. that post went for almost 5 days and 7 or 8 pages long. WHY?

and all these post about My car got totaled check it out. No offense but WTf does that got to do with TECH??

There hasnt been enough punishment for rule breaking. I see post that have been super repeated but nothing happens to the people. I make one post to see if people want me to start a group buy since everyone PM'd me about starting a Group buy so i made a post to see if people would be interested and i get my advatar taken away and docked points?

Ive Given so much to this forum. Doing at least 7 write ups or more. Ive provided the forum with truthful and honest tech info. I use to do everything i could to be a Appreciated Member on the site. and i get punished for a little thing i tried to do to help other members?

but you see all these guys making post about Who will win my GSR Coupe or a H22 EG. and they keep making dumb sensless post. do they get banned? NO.. do they get docked??? NOO! Does anything happen to them? NO

I just want a clean forum about tech. Not about dumb topics about racing and paint and body kits.

Ricey and Bauley i understand you guys have lives and you have other responsibilities apart of your life. You guys do a great job when you are here. I mean no disrespect to either of you. we all apreciate what you have done here. But you 2 cannot keep up with all the Useless and Stupid post that come into the forum. and im sure other members will agree we want a nice clean forum.

BTW I will accept the responsibility of being a mod if new mods are elected. I know everyone in here has seen my knowledge and my work. Im here for everyone. I never turn down a sign to help someone.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (sohcvtec1995)

oh yea forgot about you sohcvtec1995. you're eastcoast, but i see you online too
Old 04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i nominate sohcvtec1995. i believe he will take a stand against all the noobs and their stupid questions. he will come like a thief and in the night and bring justice to honda-tech. sochvtec 1995 for pres... i mean moderator.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (HXvtec)

lotsa luck to you HT dosent like to add moderators, and honestly making a thread about it, no matter how much support you get, wont help your cause.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yea forgot about you sohcvtec1995. you're eastcoast, but i see you online too </TD></TR></TABLE>
yup its 3 am. And i'm still on here reporting stupid threads.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For example the Dumbass that wanted to sue the owner of the previous car because he blew the motor. that post went for almost 5 days and 7 or 8 pages long. WHY? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I remember that stupid thread and how he got owned. i hate that kid. I mean just look at my sig. someone actually posted this.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
TSPeed Factory

i nominate emerika aka evs-one, but i don't think he browses this forum as much anymore due to how stupid it has gotten lately.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:18 PM

Not to sounds selfish or anything. but i nominate my self.

ill clean this forum up and own anyone who breaks the rules. once the forum is cleaned up
then i will go back to providing more write ups to help the ease of the Forums.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

Yup yup, I agree.

Luserkid, jL iLLuZiOnz 9, sohcvtec1995, JDMlyfestyle, any of you would get my vote. We need a nocturnal mod IMO, it's crazy how many stupid threads I see at 4am lol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For example the Dumbass that wanted to sue the owner of the previous car because he blew the motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And don't forget about Mr. "mustang mafia"...that was classic...
Old 04-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Ya mustang mafia was a classic as well.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:55 PM

aight guys im gonna crash dont let this topic drop. ill get a couple hours of sleep and come back to sharking down the dumb useless post.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For sure...........

I nominate Luserkid for a spot in the poll (if there is one). Also Archidictus</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that motion

im new and probly posted a few dumb posts but some of the other ones out there are amazing.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (SOHC4life 96)

Archidictus gets a from me as well, but i've noticed he's more afternoon/evening.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:19 AM

I nominate myself

Yes that is arrogant but ohh well. Im sick of all the stupid posts in here, sure my post count isn't up but that's because I've only been a member for about a year, Im normally on at nite, and there's so many stupid posts i refuse to be a part of them, and finally im not afraid to **** ppl off if need be. Not to mention if you read some of my how to posts there pretty good, I'm not the only one but I have WAY to much time on my hands and thats the biggest thing a mod needs, TIME to sit here and deal with ****.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (nocternaldragon)

sohcvtec1995
Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Yeah, Luserkid should be a mod. He'd be a good one.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:23 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (Chris M)

I nominate Luserkid, jdmlyfestyle, Soccerking3000, Archidictus (I don't know how often he's online though), jl illusionz

I should be a mod, I'm always online, and I'm fair with people.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (litterbox)

Forgot Rodrez.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (JDM-EJ1)

Honestly, the reason you guys don't see as many locked threads is because I just delete them. I'm on here NON STOP 4 days a week. I sit on here at work all day (perks of being a network administrator) and then check every now and then when I get home.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but the members of the forum are what help more than adding moderators. Each and every one of the reported threads gets at least looked at. 95% of them that are locked/deleted I get a response back to like "why was my thread locked?" or "??????".

I've given up on trying to spell it out for everyone. Read the forum guidlines or don't be surprised when I lock your thread. I AM docking points for classified threads now, as they are getting super out of hand. I'm also thinking about starting to dock for the apperance threads.

Consider this the prelude to a less kind and gentle Ricey. I try to be a nice guy and help out, and a lot of new members come in and try to walk all over myself and the other mods. It's not going to happen.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may not have seen me in the forum as much as i usually am. because everytime i come in here i see garbage post that just **** me off.

For example the Dumbass that wanted to sue the owner of the previous car because he blew the motor. that post went for almost 5 days and 7 or 8 pages long. WHY?

and all these post about My car got totaled check it out. No offense but WTf does that got to do with TECH??

There hasnt been enough punishment for rule breaking. I see post that have been super repeated but nothing happens to the people. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to agree with some of the things you guys are saying. Overall, there just seems to be a lack of consistancy. Some non-tech posts will be locked or deleted right away, while others will go on and on; and it sucks to see them keep getting bumped to the top of the forum. Especially when everyone already has stated the thread doesn't belong, and shouldn't be bumped (maybe there should be a new rule for point docking when bumping non-tech posts?).

On the whole, there does seem to be alot less locking of pointless / non-tech posts lately though.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:31 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: We need more mods to help our current mods! (Ricey McRicerton)

You need to turn into Evil Ricey because people are still walking all over the rules. How can we, the users help out?

Quick Reply: We need more mods to help our current mods!