Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/we-having-barely-legal-race-track-albuquerque-945189/)

pane93civhb 08-01-2004 01:33 PM

we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque

its this saturday... august 7th and i will try and post pics.. we get to race full out on the 1/4 mile against the cops... madd fun i dont no how smart it is but it will be madd fun.. They will no who they can and cant catch though ha.. funny.. they are probably going to have gruges against us. on the street after they get spanked.. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

just thought i would ask u guys opinion.. the track is always fun and safer and sometimes in ways ends up being cheaper then street racing if u get caught lol... IF that is.. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emwink.gif

anyways opinions and i will try to post some pics here.. of the meet next week..
last night we had an import challenge it was cool a 14second turbo gsr... white on white rims. won the contest he was right on the mark with his dial in's, me i got there late so i made up a dial in of 16.7 since i new i could not rev and launch normal knowing that my tranny lower bolts were not connected.. ha.. i ran a 17.2 consistent o well ...i usually run about a 16.3 but elevation is over 1mile high here in albuquerque new mexico.. look it up..

anyways holler back peeps

TheAntiEndz0r 08-01-2004 01:50 PM

Re: we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (pane93civhb)

know anyone in albuguerque that wants to sell their civics? i need one, and can't find any in the area (clovis, nm).

pane93civhb 08-01-2004 01:52 PM

Re: we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (Endz0r)

let me no what kinda civic u want and how much u wana spend .. i no of a few right now.. that are ready to ship out... what year preffered and what body style or anything else u want speciffically..

Cain Marko 08-01-2004 01:54 PM

Re: we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (Endz0r)

you run a 16.3, and your talking about who the cops cant catch? not anything against you, but some stock trucks run better than a 16.3, im sure a squad car would have NO issue keeping up, just my .02$, sounds fun as hell though

pane93civhb 08-01-2004 02:10 PM

Re: we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (turtlecx92)

yea im sure they can catch me and im not dumb enough to run from they asses ... either. no way.. maybe with a headstart and alot of clear freeway ahead cuz im almost sure that the cop cars are limited with the top speed.. almost guarnteed i have seen s2000 dust them before.. anyways i take no offense my car still has a stock ls motor in my hatch and im sure i could run better times if i had smaller wheels. and good motors.. mounts.. my car has this serious problem with wheel hop... do u no anything that might fix that.. anyways thanks for the comments.

Briman2021 08-01-2004 02:22 PM

a 14 second turbo integra is one thing, but saying that it was the fastest thing there, that is kind of sad.

Unless a its running a 14.0001, but even then still kinda pathetic...

Cain Marko 08-01-2004 02:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pane93civhb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im sure they can catch me and im not dumb enough to run from they asses ... either. no way.. maybe with a headstart and alot of clear freeway ahead cuz im almost sure that the cop cars are limited with the top speed.. almost guarnteed i have seen s2000 dust them before.. anyways i take no offense my car still has a stock ls motor in my hatch and im sure i could run better times if i had smaller wheels. and good motors.. mounts.. my car has this serious problem with wheel hop... do u no anything that might fix that.. anyways thanks for the comments. </TD></TR></TABLE>

energy suspension motor mounts will help, just the inserts, theyre like 36$, and cop cars have higher top speeds cause they have a lower rear end gear ratio, i think 3.73 or even lower than that, your car would top out before a cop car would, cop cars are meant to take abuse and last, they have different intake systems, suspension and gearing for keeping up with faster cars

Cain Marko 08-01-2004 02:44 PM

Re: we are having a barely legal race at the track in albuquerque (Briman2021)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Briman2021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a 14 second turbo integra is one thing, but saying that it was the fastest thing there, that is kind of sad.

Unless a its running a 14.0001, but even then still kinda pathetic...</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it is a turbo gsr, but in an integra, gsr in a civic would run like 14's with a good driver and good conditions