Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves???

all i hear from my friends and HT is "i got my car stolen" its gotten so damn annoying! my sis's b/f got 2 cars stolen allready! every one knows alarmes dont work cuz pepole just ignore them! so wats the best way to protect ur car?
Old 08-18-2002, 03:00 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (Mish)

Cops didn't do anything when my car was stripped the first THREE times. I had a feeling that it was the same people doing it.

One day, someone tried to steal some parts off of my integra, then when he left, some "Mysterious" people followed him and he ended up at a red light with all of his windows broken, his deck/subs missing, and he laid bleeding in the middle of the road at 3:00AM. Those "mystery" people returned my stuff to me. I hope to one day find those "Mystery" people and thank them. My car has only been stripped once more after that incidence and that was about a year ago. I used to get stuff taken bi-weekly, but not anymore. Thieves are most often times people you know, so if you set one example, then most of the thieves will be off your back.

I'm not promoting any violence here, just telling a story that happened to me. You should get a cheap alarm too. I noticed that cheap alarms are louder and go off constantly cuz they're too sensitive.

[Modified by slomofo, 12:16 AM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

put it in a private garage, lock the garage door, and have deadbolt on the garage door too, then park to huge trucks in front of the garage so they would have to move those before they could pull the car out, then an alarm, 2 guard dogs, the club, lo-jack, immobilizers, pull all the fuses, the ecu, the fuel pump and the battery and you should be set.

seriously tho, if they want your car bad enough, they will get it.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:04 PM

ever tried a garage??
Old 08-18-2002, 03:07 PM

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (Briman2021)

Or you could take off your little bling bling rims brotha...it's called hubcaps ...oh yeah strip your interior too...those "Civic Power" shoulder harnesses don't give you MORE HP! Neither do the custom "Katzkin" leather covered seats or hot stereo deck....you might as well write "STEAL ME" on the side
Old 08-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (95civiccoupe31)

Or you could take off your little bling bling rims brotha...it's called hubcaps ...oh yeah strip your interior too...those "Civic Power" shoulder harnesses don't give you MORE HP! Neither do the custom "Katzkin" leather covered seats or hot stereo deck....you might as well write "STEAL ME" on the side
y u trollin? u prolly have these items coz i know he ( mish )doesnt coz i know him. if u got nothin helpful to say, stfu!

[Modified by Kb8, 4:21 PM 8/18/2002]
Old 08-18-2002, 03:24 PM

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (Kb8)

stfu? "u prolly have these items coz i know he ( mish )doesnt coz i know him" you don't know me! Trollin...you know it's the truth...the more bling you got on your whip the more peeps will take notice...
Old 08-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (95civiccoupe31)

so u mean. keep it stock? well yea thats a good idea. or sleeperish.

[Modified by Kb8, 4:26 PM 8/18/2002]
Old 08-18-2002, 03:31 PM

Don't get it twisted man...i love an ill ride or a big rimmed civic/integra but IMO i think the adrenaline rush that's felt from a stock POS lookin honda (doesn't have to look like a POS just not like much) rollin up to a bling blinged out car...or better yet a newer celica/rsx/nsx....and smokin it with your sleeperish lookin honda is freakin UNBELIEVABLE! Specially when the kid has his girl with him...and is on his mommy's insurance<<<has nothing to do with anything
Old 08-18-2002, 03:54 PM

sleeper cheapest anti theft
Old 08-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't get it twisted man...i love an ill ride or a big rimmed civic/integra but IMO i think the adrenaline rush that's felt from a stock POS lookin honda (doesn't have to look like a POS just not like much) rollin up to a bling blinged out car...or better yet a newer celica/rsx/nsx....and smokin it with your sleeperish lookin honda is freakin UNBELIEVABLE! Specially when the kid has his girl with him...and is on his mommy's insurance<<<has nothing to do with anything
i feel the same way. maybe i miss interpreted ur original post.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:11 PM

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (beakert216)

i also agree, keep ur ride low profile, and nobody will mess with your ****. Don't be stupid and blast your system when near the mall or another crowded place, draws too much attention. Just my .02 cents
Old 08-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (slomofo)

Cops didn't do anything when my car was stripped the first THREE times. I had a feeling that it was the same people doing it.

One day, someone tried to steal some parts off of my integra, then when he left, some "Mysterious" people followed him and he ended up at a red light with all of his windows broken, his deck/subs missing, and he laid bleeding in the middle of the road at 3:00AM. Those "mystery" people returned my stuff to me. I hope to one day find those "Mystery" people and thank them. My car has only been stripped once more after that incidence and that was about a year ago. I used to get stuff taken bi-weekly, but not anymore. Thieves are most often times people you know, so if you set one example, then most of the thieves will be off your back.

I'm not promoting any violence here, just telling a story that happened to me. You should get a cheap alarm too. I noticed that cheap alarms are louder and go off constantly cuz they're too sensitive.

[Modified by slomofo, 12:16 AM 8/19/2002]
That's....one hell of a story.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (nY's FiNeSt)

, keep ur ride low profile, and nobody will mess with your ****. Don't be stupid and blast your system when near the mall or another crowded place, draws too much attention. Just my .02 cents
I second this one...
Old 08-18-2002, 05:08 PM
DSC

One of my friends takes one of his spark plug wires wherever he goes. Kinda weird when he shows up to a party and says "Where can I put this?" but hey, I dont think thieves would have a spare.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

body mods and wheels is ur biggest invitation to thefts..though my coupe didnt have any exterior mods cept for the cheap rotas it was still jack d..its repacement, my current Gt, the first upgrades were a ign. shutoff, alarm and lojack..then at nites i garage it and have my wifes 89 volvo , a daughters suv and another daughters tempo in the driveway..so the theif has to pretty busy to get to my car..by then i should be outside with my baseball bat..ah yes, i do advocate violence against theives
Old 08-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (deepnite)

Great story, slomofo. I wish all thieves could meet this fate.

Bleeding in the road... hee hee!!!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:24 PM
New User

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (DSC)

No I doubt they would DSC, but that might really hurt his engine if they do get it to turn.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (samdawgsol)

take the damn ecu out..make a hardwire kill switch(not an alarm one)..
Old 08-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (samdawgsol)

I would move into the deep ghetto South because Honda Tech guys dont' bling so we don't have anything to worry about unless we own a caddy.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:02 PM

I heard this works

Mike D

Old 08-18-2002, 06:05 PM

brake locks. ghost switch. I also read about this thing that is like a ghost switch but lets the thief start your car and 20-30 seconds down the road shuts it off, so if caught he can be nabbed for gta instead of vandalism.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:10 PM

Default Re: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves??? (Mike D)

thanx mike D that sounds like the smartest thing to do if i encouter that problem
Old 08-18-2002, 06:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I took this from a thread I started about this very topic months and months ago:
Before you get all pissy and say "this will only help car theft" READ it. These are things that will generally keep car thieves from getting your car, and a few suggestions for things that will help IF they get the car.
The main reason I'm doing this is because I'm sick of seeing cool people's cars from this site getting jacked. I don't know if it's BECAUSE of this site or not, or whether it's just someone local stealing these cars because they have an eye for the expensive cars - even if they look stock.
Anyways, here goes:

It is my impression that even stock-looking cars are being stolen by these bitch-*** car thieves. So even if you've got a "sleeper" you need to keep your guard up as well.

There are ways in which you guys should guard your cars man, and this is stuff that only the MOST determined theif might not want to fool with.

1. NEVER leave your car unattended out of your sight. I know it sounds stupid, but this is what it comes to. When I go out to eat, I always sit in plain sight of my car, and even if it pisses off the people I'm eating with I always look over at my car every few seconds or so. By the time I see someone even stepping to my car I will run out there and "get something I left" out of the car.

2. If you have another car/beater, take THAT to the movies, or any other event that requires you to leave your car alone in a big-*** parking lot.

3. IF you have a garage, ALWAYS park it in it! NEVER get too lazy even if you come home late or something to just open up the door and pull the car in. The ONE time you don't could be the very time your car gets stolen. I lock my car in with a padlock on the inside too.

4. NEVER let too many people know where you live if possible. I don't tell people where I live. They *might* know the area, but I don't tell them what street and stuff. Only my closest friends know where I live.

5. LO-JACK! Hope fully even if your car gets ripped you can locate it before it's stripped down.

6. Even less important is an alarm. It MIGHT help draw attention as the car is being stolen if the theif doesn't bypass it somehow.

7. Get FULL coverage insurance! This way if all is truly lost you can have some money to start over with.

8. TAKE lots of pictures of ALL your mods! Write down ALL the serial numbers of your stuff - even add hidden stamps or heat tabs and take pics of those. And keep all of your reciepts of your purchases. If you get full coverage these things will help you get the money you deserve to REPLACE YOU car just how it was, and not just get a stockie beater that's the same year model.

9. Take all the usual precautions as well - you know, park the car on a curb with the wheel locked towards the curb, park in well-lit areas, don't leave valuables in plain sight, etc. These things do not really prevent the thief from taking the car, but it will help deter them.

11. And as far as this MB goes, unless you KNOW where your car is at ALL times I would NOT post up pics and then list all the mods on the car. If somebody has seen your car before in your hometown, and then they see ALL the mods listed here, it might be too temting to either steal the car or pay somebody else to.

12. *EDIT* Oh, and also here's a neato thing to do. Buy a new ignition switch that has a DIFFERENT key than your doors. This will help keep certain people from stealing your poo poo, like former owners of the car and whatnot.

13 *EDIT* Another suggestion I've also seen, and done myself, is pull certain fuses that disable the car from being cranked. There's an "ACG" fuse under the dash, "ECU" fuse under the hood, etc. You can also pull the ECU itself out, or as someone else suggested put a "dummy ECU" in the car. Get a poo pooy burned up ECU and gut it out and plug it in when you leave the car. These will make the car harder to DRIVE away, but towtrucks will always be a threat.

14. *EDIT* Also, NEVER hit VTEC or drive fast near your home. If you've got stereo stuff, turn it off when you get anywhere near your home. People around you notice these things and it would be an easy target because it's close and they can watch your patterns at home - thus making it an even easier target.

Ultimately I think if someone is hell-bent on stealing your car, they will end up with it. That's why Lo-Jack and full coverage come in handy. I know you might be saying that it's too expensive to get full coverage, or that Lo-Jack costs too much Jack, but THINK about how much money is invested on your car. ALL could be lost without these things.

If you have anything to add, then please do so. I left a lot of specifics out so I would not throw any dirt to the cvar thieves that might be reading this poo poo.

And here's that thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=125296

Old 08-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

put a bomb in it...

Quick Reply: wats the best way to protect ur car from damn thieves???