Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

water in cylinders. is it only the head gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in cylinders. is it only the head gasket?

I had a code 43 and 6 and most of you guys said that code 43 was most likely the 02sensor on a 95 civic ex and it was! know as soon as was done fixing that i noticed white smoke coming out of the exhaust not a lot so i thougth that i was just from the weather getting cold but a soon as i opened the radiator cap i noticed a lot of pressure blasting out then i went to the reservoir and i noticed it bobbling up. and then i went to the oil dip stick to check the oil and it was clean but i could feel pressured air coming out of it. not alot but noticible, so i went ahead and removed the head since it was loosing water before. so when i removed the head all the bolts were thigth except a couple in one side were not that thight like the rest of them so that got me thinking... when the head was off i noticed that the gasket looked burnt from the top. i cheked the sleeves and they looked fine and i cheked the bottom of the head and did not see any sign of cracks. so i came to the conclusion that maybe the car was over heated and the head warped so there for some of the bolts were not that thight, so that is what was causing some water to get in to the cylinders. Now this car was just purchased and one of the things i noticed was that they hooked up the radiator fan straight to the acc ignition power wire. so it was runing at all times while the car was on. I went ahead an removed the wire and hooked everything up back to stock and the fan did come on by it self so maybe they did it so the car would't heat up while in the proses of test driving it while being sold.

any ideas are welcomed!
sorry for the long story...

Modified by teamitr at 10:01 PM 11/7/2005