Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Warrenty on JDMSh!t.com CF hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrenty on JDMSh!t.com CF hoods?

Does anyone know what kinda warrenty the CF hoods from JDMSH!t.com come with? Like, if the hoods don't fit or something, or it fades quick? Anyone know what a good warrenty should entail for a CF hood?

Z
Old 02-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warrenty on JDMSh!t.com CF hoods? (crazy_ham)

http://www.jdmshit.com I would read store policy or something on his site regarding the merchendise.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Warrenty on JDMSh!t.com CF hoods? (137)

Yeah, I did. It said, 'All merchandise complies with warranty set by the original manufacturer', and I really don't know what that means, and I haven't heard back from them about it either. I was just thinkin maybe somebody else had an idea about what to expect as a warrenty for their hoods.

Also, 'helpful' is the weight reduction with gettin a CF hood?
Old 02-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warrenty on JDMSh!t.com CF hoods? (crazy_ham)

Before ordering, check around for fitment issues. My hood isn't fitting right and I'm having a hell of a time getting it on. I would say try VIS or FI unless jdmsh!t has good fitting hoods. Just my .2 cents.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one. I think my car was in a fender bender before I got it so the frame may be bent a little so my hood doesn't fit exactly. Seems my driver side comes up slightly. Doesn't sit flat. Oddly enough, if I drive around, it'll fix itself. I'm sure their hoods fit good though.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pikachu)

Those hoods are great. I've put one on an 00 SI, and it looks awesome. Fitment is top notch, so is weave. Also a good bit lighter than stock. No rolled edges. It has the fiberglass backing as well. I don't know about the warrany though. Get up with Newman on this board. He can tell you.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those hoods are great. I've put one on an 00 SI, and it looks awesome. Fitment is top notch, so is weave. Also a good bit lighter than stock. No rolled edges. It has the fiberglass backing as well. I don't know about the warrany though. Get up with Newman on this board. He can tell you. </TD></TR></TABLE>
are you refering to the JdmSHIT Hood or another one?
I ordered a JDMSHIT CF type R wing and the fitment was shitty. Not sure about there hoods but i had a gap about 1 1/2 inch on the right side of the wing. When i called to address the problem they simply hung up on me Hows that for customer care. I won't do buisness with them again thats for sure. Thats my .02
Old 02-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jdm Ek Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jdm Ek Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I ordered a JDMSHIT CF type R wing and the fitment was shitty. Not sure about there hoods but i had a gap about 1 1/2 inch on the right side of the wing. When i called to address the problem they simply hung up on me Hows that for customer care. I won't do buisness with them again thats for sure. Thats my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, not ever have I had any dealings with them like that. And yes, I was talking about the JDMshit.com products.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jdm Ek Hatch)

Wow that doesn't sound like Newman at all.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jdm Ek Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I ordered a JDMSHIT CF type R wing and the fitment was shitty. Not sure about there hoods but i had a gap about 1 1/2 inch on the right side of the wing. When i called to address the problem they simply hung up on me Hows that for customer care. I won't do buisness with them again thats for sure. Thats my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know several people who have bought CF hoods form them and all have great fitment

Btw: I think its warranty**
Old 02-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pikachu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pikachu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one. I think my car was in a fender bender before I got it so the frame may be bent a little so my hood doesn't fit exactly. Seems my driver side comes up slightly. Doesn't sit flat. Oddly enough, if I drive around, it'll fix itself. I'm sure their hoods fit good though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Its probably becuae of your swap. My VIS did the same because of my swap.