Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Warranty?

Old 04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty?

I am not the origonal owner and do not have the warranty. I am wondering if any of you guy's has ever had Honda fix your slow retracting seatbelts. I have read and seen the secret warranty (have the number too) and was just wondering if Honda still acted on this lifetime warranty on seatbelts.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Warranty? (Bond)

My dad works at Honda (warranty dept actually) and he says seatbelts have a lifetime warranty (US at least) because they are a safety precaution that has to be met. My car has been outta warranty for about 2 years and I just had mine fixed last month. Just call up and make an appointment and they will replace all belts usually within an hour. You have to call and let them know your interior color because they may need to order the belts. I only had problems with the front but they did all.

edit: oh yeah, if you have the seatbelt velcro things (powered by Honda, ect) take em off or else they can tell you to get lost or may try and charge you b/c they will say that they wore out the retracting springs. Just a heads up.

Modified by grlracer97 at 5:24 AM 4/29/2005
Old 04-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Warranty? (grlracer97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dad works at Honda (warranty dept actually) and he says seatbelts have a lifetime warranty (US at least) because they are a safety precaution that has to be met. My car has been outta warranty for about 2 years and I just had mine fixed last month. Just call up and make an appointment and they will replace all belts usually within an hour. You have to call and let them know your interior color because they may need to order the belts. I only had problems with the front but they did all.

edit: oh yeah, if you have the seatbelt velcro things (powered by Honda, ect) take em off or else they can tell you to get lost or may try and charge you b/c they will say that they wore out the retracting springs. Just a heads up.
Modified by grlracer97 at 5:24 AM 4/29/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for this information, just scheduled an appointment to have my front seatbelts replaced.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dad works at Honda (warranty dept actually) and he says seatbelts have a lifetime warranty (US at least) because they are a safety precaution that has to be met. My car has been outta warranty for about 2 years and I just had mine fixed last month. Just call up and make an appointment and they will replace all belts usually within an hour. You have to call and let them know your interior color because they may need to order the belts. I only had problems with the front but they did all.

Modified by grlracer97 at 5:24 AM 4/29/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

So it's totally free? If so thats awsome! My front belts take like an hour to roll up . I don't like seatbelt covers, so I don't have them.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Warranty? (saxqtzk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxqtzk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you for this information, just scheduled an appointment to have my front seatbelts replaced. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So it's totally free? If so thats awsome! My front belts take like an hour to roll up . I don't like seatbelt covers, so I don't have them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, free for life. Just don't go in there every year.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice!!! i will do this... great mod for free lol
Old 04-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, free for life. Just don't go in there every year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

O.K. This is great . Free stuff is so cool.