Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

want to make a ignition cut off switch were do i splice?

Old 05-28-2003, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to make a ignition cut off switch were do i splice?

i want to make a ignition cut off switch but i dont know what wire to cut and splice do any of you have this done and have any sugestions?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Re: want to make a ignition cut off switch were do i splice? (nerces)

Old 05-28-2003, 09:41 AM

bump
Old 05-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I want to do this too. If anyone has some instructions, please let me know. There was a post on here a couple days ago about how to make a kill switch for the fuel pump and step by step instructions on how to do it but I never saw any for the ignition kill. What would really help is if anybody could say exactly what color wire they cut and where exactly it is located and if its hard to get to, How they got to it. I think thats what your tring to find out too. Just raising interst, not trying to hijack your thread or anything.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Re: want to make a ignition cut off switch were do i splice? (kay_animation)

its all good it was a free bump for me thats what i wanted to find out also, after i saw that thread i made a fuel cut-off but i never saw a diagram for a ignition cut-off
Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 AM

I found some nice diagrams for a cut off switch using google. But they refered to 914's n such. I already noticed some cut offs to just the battery. You could do that, unless you like resetting your cabin clock every time.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Re: (WarGoblin)

no that would be very irratating what time is it hmmm, anyone know what wire to cut and where you cut it ?????????????? im talking about the ignition the thing that you put your key into and turn plz i would like to do this soon
Old 05-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nerces)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerces &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im talking about the ignition the thing that you put your key into and turn </TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't you just open up your steering column and see what wires you'll need to tap into for the switch?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Re: (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Couldn't you just open up your steering column and see what wires you'll need to tap into for the switch? </TD></TR></TABLE> the problem is that i dont know what wire runs the power to the key thats what i need to know if i do what your saying that means like 3-4 unnessasary switchs
Old 05-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerces &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the problem is that i dont know what wire runs the power to the key thats what i need to know if i do what your saying that means like 3-4 unnessasary switchs</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was my problem too, I didn't want to end up splicing a wire and find out that I cut a wire that won't stop the car from being turned on, then you get into problems of losing current from cutting and connecting wires together for no reason...
Old 05-28-2003, 11:16 AM

Default Re: (kay_animation)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kay_animation &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That was my problem too, I didn't want to end up splicing a wire and find out that I cut a wire that won't stop the car from being turned on, then you get into problems of losing current from cutting and connecting wires together for no reason...</TD></TR></TABLE> Exactly i dont wanna do trial and error thats just time consuming and you lose the power that you need threw them damn little wires
Old 05-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerces &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the problem is that i dont know what wire runs the power to the key thats what i need to know if i do what your saying that means like 3-4 unnessasary switchs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's a wiring diagram for the ignition (left at 1997 Civic) ... says what colors are what: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com...tails

If you still don't know what wire to tap into, use a Radio Shack switch to connect the two ignition wires (not the 12-volt constant wire) and a ground wire into the same switch.

Solder extra wiring to the prongs on the switch and then use a Radio Shack tap-in (no splicing or cutting) to hook into those wires.

That'd be my guess.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Bigjon

Default Re: (Daniel)

search

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

http://forums.clubsi.com/showf...49214

http://www.ae92gts.com/ae92gts_antitheft.html