Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!!

i just wanna no if i can do this to my eg civic how will it fit an do i need the ek or integra door panels?? will it just fit on to the eg hb? just weld it together?

http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=73

http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=134
Old 08-08-2003, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (hondaboy21)

are you talking about welding that front end on your car? IF so, get an EG. And its not really worth it.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:10 AM

i say you just get the motor, welding a front clip is gonna cost way too much, not worth it IMO
Old 08-08-2003, 08:41 AM

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (ThisLittleSleepeR)

how much will it cost?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:42 AM

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (ThisLittleSleepeR)

why do u want a right hand drive? u live in the US... waste of money IMO
Old 08-08-2003, 11:11 AM

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (EK-TUNED)

wanna be diffrent!!!and want 2 be more jdm.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboy21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wanna be diffrent!!!and want 2 be more jdm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, more jdm is the best.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

if you do mean welding a clip on...

A. you're dumb... that's about as unsafe as it can get... the WHOLE reason for doing halfcuts (besides weight) is to ENSURE that no one will drive that car in the us.
B. You would need ek fenders and hood PLUS eg fenders and hood since it says pretty clearly "EK4 B16A2 more powerfull than 92-95 EG6 B16A2. Engine is newer , runs better , OBD2 NO BODYPANELS".

You would then need to find a point on the fenders/hood (if there is one (I'm pretty sure there is)) where you can cut and weld the two together touse the back of the eg (to meet up with the body) and the front of the ek (to fit the front end).

This is an unsafe... bordline retarded idea.... welding a halfcut upto an existing frame is NOT safe...

to do it right you'd have to cut out the firewall and weld it into your eg (if it will fit) then follow the same procedure for changing the body panels... oh and you'd probobly have to change the bumper support to accomodate the ek front (if not have a custom one made to match the 2 up.).

either way it's a waste of money and time imo... all so you can have a poorer view of the road and be closer to the spot where oncoming headlights are pointing AND have to shift with your left intead of right... kinda silly imo.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you do mean welding a clip on...

A. you're dumb... that's about as unsafe as it can get... the WHOLE reason for doing halfcuts (besides weight) is to ENSURE that no one will drive that car in the us.
B. You would need ek fenders and hood PLUS eg fenders and hood since it says pretty clearly "EK4 B16A2 more powerfull than 92-95 EG6 B16A2. Engine is newer , runs better , OBD2 NO BODYPANELS".

You would then need to find a point on the fenders/hood (if there is one (I'm pretty sure there is)) where you can cut and weld the two together touse the back of the eg (to meet up with the body) and the front of the ek (to fit the front end).

This is an unsafe... bordline retarded idea.... welding a halfcut upto an existing frame is NOT safe...

to do it right you'd have to cut out the firewall and weld it into your eg (if it will fit) then follow the same procedure for changing the body panels... oh and you'd probobly have to change the bumper support to accomodate the ek front (if not have a custom one made to match the 2 up.).

either way it's a waste of money and time imo... all so you can have a poorer view of the road and be closer to the spot where oncoming headlights are pointing AND have to shift with your left intead of right... kinda silly imo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said^^
Old 08-08-2003, 12:06 PM

Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (civictypenos)

ok thank u my friend thats all i wanted just so info on it so **** it ill get the motor.ill keep my eg frount end.also what is there just to make it rhd just a ? not sure if i want to do it and how much will it be?
Old 08-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: wanna no if i can di this to my eg hb!!! (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you do mean welding a clip on...

either way it's a waste of money and time imo... all so you can have a poorer view of the road and be closer to the spot where oncoming headlights are pointing AND have to shift with your left intead of right... kinda silly imo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

try reading the entirety of ALL posts before asking another question.... that should be just about all you need... there might be some odds and ends but I don't think so...

Use the search I'm SURE there is a couple of threads on rhd conversion... course most most likely start with a question similar to yours and end with a response similar to mine...

Simply put to do it right you have to either have enough money to pay someone who knows how to do it or you have to know how to do it... it's not hard.