Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved?

Old 04-14-2004, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved?

Well i'm looking to buy a EG hatch and getting rid of my REX. if i was to do this i was gonna swap in a b18b after I accumulate all parts piece buy piece. But i am trying to do as little modification as possible (less complicate the process), so is this a complicated process? Say it if you want but i searched and in this forum you dont get much info. So from my understanding i would have to replace the cable clutch for the b-series transmission, but didnt the b18a teg's have cable trannys? anyways much help is apprecaited.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (TrAnCeD_RaCeR)

seems like you barely searched. you need to rephrase your words, because they dont make any sense. yes, b18a's came with cable trannies, but b18b's come with hydro trannies. are you asking if you need a b-series tranny or hydro tranny to go with a b18b? yes, you do. been a member for 641 days and still dont know how to search?
Old 04-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

^how long did it take you to count the days, lol
Old 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (CXinthemaking)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXinthemaking &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^how long did it take you to count the days, lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
not long at all. just a click on the name
Old 04-14-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (TrAnCeD_RaCeR)

well if you buy a complete b18b swap you will not need to worry coz all that you need will be plug n play
Old 04-15-2004, 12:45 AM

Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seems like you barely searched. you need to rephrase your words, because they dont make any sense. yes, b18a's came with cable trannies, but b18b's come with hydro trannies. are you asking if you need a b-series tranny or hydro tranny to go with a b18b? yes, you do. been a member for 641 days and still dont know how to search?</TD></TR></TABLE> first off this is really one of my first times asking questions here. i created this account when i was 15 and never really gave a rats ***. anywho sorry if i had word it wrong, let me try to make it simple. Will the b18a cable tranny bolt-up to the b18b motor? If not whats the down fall to going with a b18a over the b18b except age and 2HP?

**I was searching under hydro/clutch trannys**
Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrAnCeD_RaCeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> first off this is really one of my first times asking questions here. i created this account when i was 15 and never really gave a rats ***. anywho sorry if i had word it wrong, let me try to make it simple. Will the b18a cable tranny bolt-up to the b18b motor? If not whats the down fall to going with a b18a over the b18b except age and 2HP?

**I was searching under hydro/clutch trannys**</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it will bolt right up the the b18b motor. If you're gonna drop it in an eg. The only thing involved would be buying a cable to hybro conversion kit. Its a conversion for the clutch slave cylinder to activate. Some people dont like the feel of it and others are fine with it. But its up to you. Nothing wrong with a b18a motor. They're hella cheap and feels about the same compare to a b18b motor.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: wanna go with a b18b, but what about the hydro clutch? What's involved? (racerxfear)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerxfear &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes it will bolt right up the the b18b motor. If you're gonna drop it in an eg. The only thing involved would be buying a cable to hybro conversion kit. Its a conversion for the clutch slave cylinder to activate. Some people dont like the feel of it and others are fine with it. But its up to you. Nothing wrong with a b18a motor. They're hella cheap and feels about the same compare to a b18b motor.</TD></TR></TABLE> Hey thanks man. Do you know of any links that lists honda motors( IE:b18b,b18a) sleeve,c.r.,etc.? if there's not much of a difference i'll just go with a b18a motor and keep the cable setup, plus they will be easier to find. Oh just so you guys know there will be FI in the future for it.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if your plannin on FI then go with the b18b, the block is much stronger and will hold boost much better than the b18a