Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WALBRO PUMP ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WALBRO PUMP ISSUES

I KNOW IM POSTING THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM BUT IM GETTING NO FEED BACK ... AND THIS ISSUE IS ABOUT A FUEL PUMP

has anyone ever had a pump that still pumps fuel but not at a high rate ... i still cant get my car to start ... k pro is good to go ... injectors are spitting fuel ... checked all the injectors harnesses with a noid light ... car turns over normally ... i have ignition ... coils are good to go

what happened was my built turbo rsx died coming home from a 4 hour drive on the highway ... all of a sudden it just bogged out ... no power at all ... after being on the side of the highway for a while i banged on the fuel tank with a hammer while i had a buddy turning the car over ... it slowly bogged for a bit and started running for about 30 seconds ... after that it died and i had it towed to my driveway ... now i havent checked what my fuel pressure is ... is it possible for the pump just being faulty and not giving enough pressure for the injectors to throw fuel far enough into the chambers ? you can still hear the pump working in the tank when the key is turned to run ... like i said the injectors are spitting fuel ... maybe just not enough pressure????

SOMEONE HELLPPPPPP
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WALBRO PUMP ISSUES (iownanrsx)

my walbro just took the *******, it was running 40psi normal driving and 50psi under boost and now it wont even build 10psi, i can hear the pump struggling and its a deeper tone when priming. This is my third walbro that i had in and im pretty sure im not running the proper gauge wiring. first 2 were on my n/a setup and they last like 3 hours first one(ran too high psi, 55+) and the second i samething was foolish and didnt turn down the psi. on the third one turned down the psi and it lasted a year.