Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

VX ecu to run a D15B????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VX ecu to run a D15B????

search is down, and ive never seen this question come up so ill waste some space here.

ive got both a VX and EX ECU. im thinking next best thing to a P08 ECU would be somehow combining these. possibility? my theory is...the EX ECU runs to rich on a D15B(wat im running) because its supposed to be running a 1.6 and a VX is running a 1.5 block to even out the richness.

confused??

basically id like to know the difference in the fuel mappings between ECU's. how different is theVX from a DX? after all, a VX is a 3 stage vtec used to save gas right?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: VX ecu to run a D15B???? (lemon_juice)

bump
Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 AM

alright after looking thru the search which is now up, my question got alittle more complicated. supposedly theres these rare VX ECU's that can be chipped on the count its like a P28. wierd thing is, theres some #'s that people have mentioned that i dont have on my ECU. alright this is wat im looking at.
----------------------------------------------------
37820-P07-A00
670-105868 ARD
denshigiken
-----------------------------------------------------
thats all the info i have about the outter stocker with the barcode on it. supposedly this ECU came off an EX automatic while not throwing any codes. ive seen the car it came outta but didnt see if the CEL was on.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lemon_juice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright after looking thru the search which is now up, my question got alittle more complicated. supposedly theres these rare VX ECU's that can be chipped on the count its like a P28. wierd thing is, theres some #'s that people have mentioned that i dont have on my ECU. alright this is wat im looking at.
----------------------------------------------------
37820-P07-A00
670-105868 ARD
denshigiken
-----------------------------------------------------
thats all the info i have about the outter stocker with the barcode on it. supposedly this ECU came off an EX automatic while not throwing any codes. ive seen the car it came outta but didnt see if the CEL was on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should not be able to run a VX engine off a P28. VX uses the 5 wire (not all though) and the P28 cannot control the 5 wire correctly.

There are 3 different P07's out there. Only one can be chipped like a P28. I have one up for sale that is chipped if you are interested in it.

Edit: and no, a VX is NOT a 3 stage vtec. Single stage, just like all the others.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: VX ecu to run a D15B???? (Hybrid93Eg)

you just told me everything i searches for all over again.

VX is actualli a 3stage vtec, look it up. low RPMs it onli used 8valves to save gas. then once (2500??) rpms are in it functions as a regular honda 16valve. and then u get into high RPMS and vtec kicks in. thats was i as long as many others consider it to be 3stage vtec.

im not running a VX off a p28. i got a d15b supposedly the smaller replica of a ex/si from japan. i want to run the d15b with a VX ecu, because after all it does control a 1.5 vtec motor. i think itll be easier to romove abunch of things rather than add programs to it. not sure tho.
yes i want to run this vx ecu because im thinking it wont run too rich. and its just an idea. ive got a p28 ready for her but this vx ecu is kinda interesting.

and about the 3 different kinda P07's. im not exactly sure wat i got, because my #'s are totally different than wat i found elsewhere in the search. can u clear me up alittle?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lemon_juice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you just told me everything i searches for all over again.

VX is actualli a 3stage vtec, look it up. low RPMs it onli used 8valves to save gas. then once (2500??) rpms are in it functions as a regular honda 16valve. and then u get into high RPMS and vtec kicks in. thats was i as long as many others consider it to be 3stage vtec.

im not running a VX off a p28. i got a d15b supposedly the smaller replica of a ex/si from japan. i want to run the d15b with a VX ecu, because after all it does control a 1.5 vtec motor. i think itll be easier to romove abunch of things rather than add programs to it. not sure tho.
yes i want to run this vx ecu because im thinking it wont run too rich. and its just an idea. ive got a p28 ready for her but this vx ecu is kinda interesting.

and about the 3 different kinda P07's. im not exactly sure wat i got, because my #'s are totally different than wat i found elsewhere in the search. can u clear me up alittle?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are wrong. Argue with me all day long, you're going to loose. Its a 2 stage system. The JDM D15b 96+ is a 3 stage system. This is NOT the same as a VX engine.

I'll help you with the rest once we are on the same page.